Can someone help plx?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to implement challenge-response authentication in my plugin by sending a REST-query from the process() method to a web-service to check the validity of the users license. I need to do this in the audio thread, because I want to provide separate licenses for different genres of music, so the server needs to check what kind of music the user is processing. Unfortunately this is causing some audio glitches when running over WiFi. How can I make the program wait longer before it makes the audio glitch?

ps. I need the example code in Prolog, please.

Instead of Prolog you could use C++ template metaprogramming features. They are very similar to Prolog, but most of the code will be resolved at compile time. I'm not sure if the audio thread can be resolved at compile time, but maybe it'll come in the next C++ standard.

Edit: my colleague just suggested to try using a different plugin protocol

Unless the DSP code is also written in Prolog I can't see any reason as to why it shoud be called from the audio thread. Why not notify the GUI thread to call that Prolog code instead?
~stratum~

I thought that was pure trolling. ;-)

:D

I think you have to sink the Brown Note through the Flatulator queer and then smuggle the 160KHz Notch latently bilaterally to get the full roughness of the 400500. Then the sludge runs pretty straight through the Schnoerf.

I only have the code in Ke-bab, sorry. It makes use of multi-story meat layering thread protocols though...

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:I thought that was pure trolling. ;-)
Me too. In fact I had written that as a reply but deleted afterwards thinking that mystran can't possibly be trolling on this forum:)
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
Aleksey Vaneev wrote:I thought that was pure trolling. ;-)
Me too. In fact I had written that as a reply but deleted afterwards thinking that mystran can't possibly be trolling on this forum:)
No intentional trolling here, just some old-fashioned parody with some elements of satire (or possibly the other way around, I'm not quite sure).

No intentional trolling here, just some old-fashioned parody with some elements of satire (or possibly the other way around, I'm not quite sure).
Apparently you are not alone in thinking like that.

This is what O.Larkin writes about the KVR Audio DSP forum (quoted from https://github.com/olilarkin/awesome-musicdsp ) :
KvR Audio DSP and Plug-in Development Forum - This is probably the most active forum for audio DSP that is not aligned with a particular plug-in framework. There are some very smart people, some mavericks and some plain weirdos who hang out here.
Urban dictionary was helpful to decode the meaning:)
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
Apparently you are not alone in thinking like that.
Oh... I don't have any opinion about other people here.. I was talking about my motivations behind this thread. :)

:o

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”