Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
inkwarp
KVRian

632 posts since 16 Jan, 2012, from UK

Postby inkwarp; Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:17 am FL naming and renaming major irritant..

so here is one real irritation in FL at this time, for me.
Naming and Re-Naming channels/tracks.
E.G: I name a track One and give it a yellow colour.
If i do this via channels window i need to go to mixer and press Ctrl + L and the mixer track is thus named.
so far, so good. a quick visit to the playlist window also requires that 'autoname' is clicked and now there is a playlist track named also.
all instances ( 3 so far) are in accord. Three instances called track One and colored yellow...
now, try and rename something in that chain. if i change the name and then go to the mixer channel it still has the older name and colour. instaed of updating this to a new name, you have to first delete that name and then rename. this is the procedure for all instances. there is no way to repopulate the naming across all instances. and if i do rename something i suddenly end up with a empty square icon next to the name which means i have to click to rename again to get rid of the square icon.
this is one of those things that makes workflow a grind. is there any possibility of global naming and renaming?
it would be so useful.
this and having some way to copy and paste 'seperate'instances of clips instead of 'Make Unique'.. that's a topic for another day...
stillshaded
KVRian

667 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby stillshaded; Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 am Re: FL naming and renaming major irritant..

Yea, it’s pretty awful lol. I still keep using it tho. Supposedly they’re going to address this in version 20.1. I just hope they don’t tack on some other “picker” thing that I will never use instead of fixing the core issues.
Trancit
KVRAF

1667 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Postby Trancit; Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 pm Re: FL naming and renaming major irritant..

Things are like they are...

It´s true, that the independance of the different parts in FLS gives some trouble, but you gain on the other hand side a lot of flexibility...
By the way, you forgot that you have to name/rename the pattern too, so it´s actually 4 different places to name... :hihi:

Nevertheless, the V20.1 update will adress at least the primary naming issue by connecting the 3 parts (channel rack/mixer/playlist) more closely together but I am not sure, if that will work with renaming too...

If so, you problems will soon have an end... 8)
Subbase
KVRist

50 posts since 3 Jan, 2017

Postby Subbase; Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 am Re: FL naming and renaming major irritant..

If you want this changed your best bet is to post a topic in the forum at image-line
inkwarp
KVRian

632 posts since 16 Jan, 2012, from UK

Postby inkwarp; Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:43 am Re: FL naming and renaming major irritant..

i've done so.
this is where this was posted in reply yesterday:
FL 20.1 preview

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)