1st song for the world. Rock industrial something or other. feedback welcomed Thanks

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I was told this is a better place to post this here but I posted my first song I would like for people to check out and give me some feedback if you can. I did everything myself in my bedroom. It's my first time doing vocals so I'm really nervous go easy lol. Thanks so much!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isOX7qaeP-k

Okay, so I totally hate this :D
Seriously though, its got a cool edge to it, possibly a tad too long and would have liked a stronger break to give it an edge when vocal comes back in. :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7.5
Mix - 7

Overall - 7.125

Comments: Has kind of a garage band sound to it like it was recorded in a closet. I actually kind of like it. Vocals fit the song so don't stress too much over them. Decent performance. If nothing else, very clean. I think keeping it relatively simple helped a lot.

I enjoyed the song. The acoustic guitar is a little too up front , and the dirty guitar is a bit out of time in places, but overall its a decent attempt. Maybes a bit too long ... :)

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback. First I agree with everyone it is too long. The ending drags and I will have to trim off the fat. Maybe cut one section out.

Eauson. Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it. I agree the break needs to be stronger too I will try to work it in a different way. I ended up using vocals that didn't work to make it. I will try a stronger break with fresh vocals maybe in softer. Also i noticed in mono it doesn't sound right with the higher pitched part.

Wagtunes. Thank you for the honest feedback. That sounds about perfectly right. Hah funny thing it was basically recorded in a closet. :) Honestly I used a very old some say bad interface. With $10 microphone and strings that haven't been changed for years but I've been told you have to work with what you have. Oh and I didn't like recording the vocals with headphone (didn't like voice) so I had monitors on low so that probably cause some bleed issues, which I can hear (actually I used an alter boy send and that bleed really messed stuff up). Normally I only made electronic music until I was inspired to record some live performance and vocals. But I am doing more like this because I like it, it was a lot of fun and it came out well. I just hope they all come out as good lol. And thank you for the comments on the vocals I really appreciate it as I'm really self conscious about them and worried if they are even passable. I know I'm just starting so i hope they can only improve.

thecontrolcentre: Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I appreciate your comments. Should I cut back on the compression of the acoustic guitar or turn the volume down? Or is there a plugin you suggest to push it back? I am a novice mixer so just learning and not really sure about the proper procedure. I used CLA unplugged by waves on the acoustic guitar. But I have others. About the time problems I played everything live and my guitar playing is not the best so I tried to used the best takes. I know there some slight timing issues but can you point anything that is really glaring and maybe I Can re-record them. And yes I agree it's too long. I will definitely be fixing that LOL

Thanks Again everyone. MUCH LOVE! :phones:

Nice, like it. It has potential , if mixing was improved.
Although hint: try not to name your song after a dental procedure.
Overall - 7.125
I love that Wagtune's rating is to three decimal places. ; )

Bansaw wrote:Nice, like it. It has potential , if mixing was improved.
Although hint: try not to name your song after a dental procedure.
Overall - 7.125
I love that Wagtune's rating is to three decimal places. ; )
Its gotta be worth at least 7.159 :ud:

I think this is a great song. Very 70s feel to it. Reminds me of led Zeppelin. Great vocals to boot! Guitars need tightening though!

Song is good, a bit repetitive, but good. Very nice mix/production. Timing of the guitars is a little too sloppy though. :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Awesome thanks so much. It means a lot to me. I think everyone agrees on a lot of points. A bit repetitive, ending needs to be shorten and guitar is sloppy timing or they say very brown :) Yes I am not a very good guitarist lol. Yet. I'm sure i'll get better as I just started recording guitar too and really playing lead electric not very long ago. THANKS :party:

You are off to a good start. The vocals are good for this style of music. :tu:

You could put some more work into the song structure, production, lyrics, etc. But even so, I listened to the whole track and enjoyed it.

Return to “Music Cafe”