8DIO - My experience

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jsp1979 wrote:I love the sweet naivete of "If we show 8dio, surely they'll fix it." 8dio isn't Orange Tree Samples. If they fix it (which I wouldn't bet on), it'll be a while and you'll have to pay an upgrade price for it because it'll be either v.2 or a whole new product.

There's a reason some companies have the reputation they have. When Tonehammer split, Soundiron got the attentive, customer-centric employees.
That sums up pretty well my experience with 8Dio products and with Soundiron.

I haven't experienced good or bad with 8Dio but I will say that Soundiron has blown me away with their fast and polite customer service for years. Nevermind the fantastic libraries!

topaz wrote:Tried one more time to get decent sound fast shorts with adagietto and agitato
and they sound absolutely terrible compared to hollywood strings or any symphobia shorts.

May as well free up some disk space and delete them as unusable.

Also inside every single separation instrument they have tons of empty groups from other instruments making the whole structure a complete copy & paste mess.
I initially ignored the issue which was revealed in the youtube video.
It is truly horrible.

It is not easily predictable (or predictable without a proper mechanism to sort it which none of us are likely to have), when it's going wrong; so it's a round robins problem. The video does show it's NOT one sample, to say the very least. It's sloppy work in creating the round robins. Without getting into the weeds with an advanced tutorial type of thing as to try and sort where they went so_horribly_wrong, there is a non-trivial issue there.

And as we hear other presets clicked through, the library SOUNDS LIKE SHIT. The basic articulation does not sound very good, but as whole I would have to assess the thing as garbage. It sounds very much like EWQL SO Silver back in the Kompakt library era. Which has some badly edited samples itself but no really advanced functionality which this promises, clearly enough. This brainzistor character jumped in to act like he's really a boss and no one else has a clue. Well, he didn't know what he was on about at_all and didn't take even the time I did to check it. Another Dunning-Kruger Effect proof.

8DIO sucks, people. There really appears to be a culture there coming down from its fearless leader; but the signs of it are clear for years, rushing product to delivery like greedy twaats are wont to do. But without going into my anecdote specifically, support was abysmal; lazy and thoughtless and in a hurry to get rid of me and finally refusing to sort me. Resembling their approach to slapping product together and rushing to market. So that's where I come down with 'it's the culture'.

jancivil wrote:
topaz wrote: 8DIO sucks, people. There really appears to be a culture there coming down from its fearless leader; but the signs of it are clear for years, rushing product to delivery like greedy twaats are wont to do. But without going into my anecdote specifically, support was abysmal; lazy and thoughtless and in a hurry to get rid of me and finally refusing to sort me. Resembling their approach to slapping product together and rushing to market. So that's where I come down with 'it's the culture'.
As sad as it is I think it would be good for the crowd to know what product you had issues with. Not that it will matter to me, I am totally burned by 8Dio and will never have anything to do with them again. For a while I actually considered selling some hardware to get the ProphetX. Sorry Dave it won't happen. No more of my money will ever go to fund the tricksters at 8Dio.

Product was fine. It was the upgrade to Frame Drum, free upgrade in fact. It was support for my given S/N for the downloader which was blocked, and all the guy did was point to all these downloads from my stolen computer, the reason for *my* 2nd download... we reached a total impasse. NI, Sonic Couture, SoundIron, Cinesamples, IKMM, iLok, FXpansion all sorted me completely on the stolen accounts. 8DIO, oh no. Lazy and uncaring.

elxsound wrote:Anyone else getting PM's from Brainzistor?
I did this evening. Insta-delete.
Public notice, "Brainzistor": I have neither the time nor inclination for pointless back 'n forth. This is nothing to me.

jancivil wrote:Product was fine. It was the upgrade to Frame Drum, free upgrade in fact. It was support for my given S/N for the downloader which was blocked, and all the guy did was point to all these downloads from my stolen computer, the reason for *my* 2nd download... we reached a total impasse. NI, Sonic Couture, SoundIron, Cinesamples, IKMM, iLok, FXpansion all sorted me completely on the stolen accounts. 8DIO, oh no. Lazy and uncaring.
Ahh, ok I see. Must suck to get computer stolen.

elxsound wrote:Anyone else getting PM's from Brainzistor?

I really doubt Hink's warning about personal attacks meant that you should carry them out in a PM.

Anyway I've responded there, but if you want to refute a known problem in the thread even after a video reproduced the problem then this is the place to do it.

Thanks
Just for the record you can report PMs too...and no posters shouldnt be attacking you via pm.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Adagietto, legato arpeggio and adagitato.
GearNostalgia wrote: As sad as it is I think it would be good for the crowd to know what product you had issues with. Not that it will matter to me, I am totally burned by 8Dio and will never have anything to do with them again. For a while I actually considered selling some hardware to get the ProphetX. Sorry Dave it won't happen. No more of my money will ever go to fund the tricksters at 8Dio.

So now I own a library that I don't like and can't even sell.
I own all 8Dio libraries, so as full collections of most of all leading brands. I don't like any of them. I do like Sample Logic, but most of libraries just sit on my computer. I may use them one day. Who cares.

You may try Output new model. They promise new content every month with monthly payment.

:roll:
Yeah, people that use them tend to care.

The intensity of this discussion got me interested, especially since this library has excellent reviews from people who really know the subject. I tried to recreate the issue but couldn't. I do get a slight randomness in the Pizzicato Cellos at superhuman speed but that is gone as soon as a freeze the track. And it is not really anything that I find problematic because it happens at speeds you would not want to play with "real" instruments anyway. Seems more that the scripting engine is not able to keep up. So it is either the system performance, or an issue with the Kontakt script, or - most likely - a combination of the two that causes the OP's issues. Just my observation. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Astralv wrote:
So now I own a library that I don't like and can't even sell.
I own all 8Dio libraries, so as full collections of most of all leading brands. I don't like any of them. I do like Sample Logic, but most of libraries just sit on my computer. I may use them one day. Who cares.

You may try Output new model. They promise new content every month with monthly payment.
Will do Output seems like a nice model.

mgw38 wrote:The intensity of this discussion got me interested, especially since this library has excellent reviews from people who really know the subject. I tried to recreate the issue but couldn't. I do get a slight randomness in the Pizzicato Cellos at superhuman speed but that is gone as soon as a freeze the track. And it is not really anything that I find problematic because it happens at speeds you would not want to play with "real" instruments anyway. Seems more that the scripting engine is not able to keep up. So it is either the system performance, or an issue with the Kontakt script, or - most likely - a combination of the two that causes the OP's issues. Just my observation. Feel free to prove me wrong.
The product I have problem with is Lacrimosa. I am preparing a Youtube demo of it as we speaks since some people regard this as a non issue and "personality" thing so that people can use their ears and not just take my word for it.

It’s certainly not performance.

Mac Pro 12 core, 32gb, SSD.

mgw38 wrote:The intensity of this discussion got me interested, especially since this library has excellent reviews from people who really know the subject. I tried to recreate the issue but couldn't. I do get a slight randomness in the Pizzicato Cellos at superhuman speed but that is gone as soon as a freeze the track. And it is not really anything that I find problematic because it happens at speeds you would not want to play with "real" instruments anyway. Seems more that the scripting engine is not able to keep up. So it is either the system performance, or an issue with the Kontakt script, or - most likely - a combination of the two that causes the OP's issues. Just my observation. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”