Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

I was going to buy "Clouds" but I ended buying "Rubicon"! I didn't like the video of Clouds really and found what he did with the "drop" sound uninspiring! Anyway, I think maybe it is because I'm more fan of FM thingy than Granular!

lnikj wrote:As far as I can see it is "QuarterClouds" as the alternate modes don't appear to be there (or I can't figure out how to access them if they are).

Note that we now have an A114 Ring Mod now and, at long last, a quantiser.
Softube tech support have said that because they are not fully documented they have "decided not to include them to avoid confusion".

Not a great decision IMHO and I have pleaded for them to be reinstated/instantiated.

Love messing about with this thing although it brings my i7 quad mac to it's knees after adding around 12 drum modules + mixers etc
Shame coz this things addictive

The presets are not so good to me. The tutorials in the net are mostly about 'nice' noises rather than musical sounds.

I'm intending to use it for music making, so I think I'll make some presets with few specific modules at first and categorise them into Bass, Lead, Seq and effects. I don't think I'll make any pads as the CPU usage is high.

There is too much to learn but I like it much more than Reaktor. It's easier to understand and to connect with. The resources are cluttered but I'll start with the tips in the Softube website and start to search for the pdf manuals for the original hardware.

It's fun :D

Why no CV modulation input for Pitch on the Clouds?

EnGee wrote:The presets are not so good to me. The tutorials in the net are mostly about 'nice' noises rather than musical sounds.

I'm intending to use it for music making, so I think I'll make some presets with few specific modules at first and categorise them into Bass, Lead, Seq and effects. I don't think I'll make any pads as the CPU usage is high.

There is too much to learn but I like it much more than Reaktor. It's easier to understand and to connect with. The resources are cluttered but I'll start with the tips in the Softube website and start to search for the pdf manuals for the original hardware.

It's fun :D
That’s exactly what I did with the 4ms spectral resonator and PEG - great manuals.

SHall1000 wrote:Why no CV modulation input for Pitch on the Clouds?
I think it's labelled V/OCT, haven't tried tho.

:dog:

It's a funny old world. If Clouds had been released for Modular 12 months ago there would have been dancing in the streets. Now it generates barely a murmur.

Anyway, I've bought it. It is good to have it simply as a DAW effect, but (despite being crippled) it adds enormously to what is possible in conjunction with the 259e etc for my amateurish generative noodlings.

Why is it I feel the need to keep backing a losing horse?

If you like it, why would you care about the others opinions?!

EnGee wrote:If you like it, why would you care about the others opinions?!
Which? The fact that there is no buzz, or the overwhelmed by the competition bit?

The former was social/market observation; the latter a note to self I guess about the diminishing value of my investment :wink:

I haven’t yet dived into VCV. Is it really that much better? Besides being cheaper?

perpetual3 wrote:I haven’t yet dived into VCV. Is it really that much better? Besides being cheaper?
IMHO ...

Analog sound quality = close (with Vult's modules) but (arguably) not quite there

Compatibility: Runs standalone but connects via bridge plugin.

Everything else: digital modules, range of modules, UI (!!) superior in every way (EXCEPT no 259e or SMR).

Incredibly friendly, active and helpful community. Vast and growing range of user contributed tutorial videos on YT.

Addictive (and time consuming!). My time for the last 9 months is about 85% VCV and 15% DAW+plugins.

Has Softube released another module since the last 3 about 6 months or so ago?

wagtunes wrote:Has Softube released another module since the last 3 about 6 months or so ago?
https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mi_clouds

Plus a ring mod and a quantiser added to the freebies.

Return to “Instruments”