Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Are these Youtube demos of the sound packs really clever, or are the sounds, chords, and pumping straight out of the presets?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

When you compare the presets and the Youtube demos, you get nearly exactly the same thing by 99,99%.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Avenger sounds quite good out of the box. 8 layers gives designers ability to create some amazing sequences.

@msvs:

I have some questions regarding Cross-OSC-FM:

1. If I select OSC1 as FM source in OSC2, and then create an OSC3, I cannot select OSC1 as FM source. Only if I copy OSC2 now to OSC3, I again can select OSC1 as source. A bug?

2. If I modulate OSC1 now (with having two target OSCs 2/3 from above), I won't hear the modulation live, but only on the next played note. A bug, or intended, or what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nvm, seems to be a bug, already reported to Rene.

Quick tip for studio one v4 users

How to make melodic Avenger arp sequences follow a chord sequence and still stay in key

If you record an arp sequence in Avenger into an empty S1 track you can extract the midi for that sequence.

Then, by using the new Chord Track in v4, the sequence can be forced to transpose into any chords you subsequently lay down.

Simply make your desired chord sequence the base of the Chord Track

For example:

If you had 4 chords Am-F-G-Em and you played a melodic Avenger sequence to match, it wouldn't transpose to stay in tune, which is a shame as the sequences are often v beautiful & harmonically rich.

This is because Avenger sequences with anything other than 5ths and 8vas don't transpose. Ditto for any arp, any synth.

Using Chord Track, it stays in key. Sounds cool, instead of dissonant.

We had this discussion in this thread around Xmas 17, as to how to get arps to follow chord changes and musically transpose.

This Chord Track approach helps solve the riddle.

I'm personally delighted as there are so many beautiful melodic sequences in Avenger, yet I never use them, as I like to change chord, and the arps/sequences won't follow my chord changes and stay in harmony.

Hope I've explained this decently (probably not :clown: )

But if you use S1 v4, it's worth a try.

Works for any synth arp.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

@msv
In Avenger there are a lot of possible sources for an oscillator.
Among them we can use VA-Shapes.
We can also create our own shapes importing or drawing a single cycle wave.

I would like to know how a factory VA-Shape is produced within Avenger?
Is it live calculated (computed) with an algorithm?
Is it precomputed with a lookup table?
Is it a sample of a single cycle wave?
Something else?
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Hi all,

Just some quick news about my expansion that I released.
http://encounters.be/shop/index.php?rou ... uct_id=221

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27sckn1HE8Y
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Hi Manuel,

I'd like to request a new trigger mode for Avenger's envelopes:

It would be great to add "First legato MIDI note".

Because very often i'd like a modulation to happen on legato notes, but not on a first note.

This would be great for bass lines, solo leads, and probably for lots of other stuff.

I know you can sort of do it with Pitch legato as the modulation source, but i can't work out how to actually make an envelope only trigger on legato notes.

Hi,
Just purchased your new library. When I clicked on "Download", it said Click the Download link in Pcloud. Forgive my ignorance, but what is that and where is that?
Thanks Frank

MasterTuner wrote:Retrowave 80s very nice.
Do I hear echos of New Order @3:26 ? Nice job.

Has anyone bought this? Can you tell me if the leads/bells/basses/pads are based on samples, or actually generated presets made within the synth itself?
Would interest me as well. I am a bit bummed by some xps which use too many samples. This way you cannot recreate only with inbuilt synth engine....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
MasterTuner wrote: Would interest me as well. I am a bit bummed by some xps which use too many samples. This way you cannot recreate only with inbuilt synth engine....
True. Presets made within the synth are way more flexible/tweakable than just samples.
It would be good to get Manuel's input if possible, or a walkthrough.
With respect to godly's Fairvenger, that looks like a bunch of samples too (unless he wants to correct me on that?)
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

MasterTuner wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
MasterTuner wrote: Would interest me as well. I am a bit bummed by some xps which use too many samples. This way you cannot recreate only with inbuilt synth engine....
True. Presets made within the synth are way more flexible/tweakable than just samples.
It would be good to get Manuel's input if possible, or a walkthrough.
With respect to godly's Fairvenger, that looks like a bunch of samples too (unless he wants to correct me on that?)
yep, i never thought about that @samples,but i browsed through a few xps yesterday and was kinda bummed!
sure still flexible but what's the point having so many samples? i have a synth to use its synthengine, otherwise it's a sampler with xps useed mostly samples.

manuel?

i got in contact with the retrowave xp man and i will buy this, but in future i will be careful before i buy xps anymore...

spire, sylenth1 etc. when i bought xps i got xps with inbuilt osc presets instead of samples. for me this is sampler xps instead of synth xps.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

In the end, the result counts. Does the sound suit in your track.
However, I always say our designers to use as much internal OSC as possible, some sounds like pianos, voices, natural instruments and drums of course etc can not be generated all with a classic synth engine. Well, there is granular too. What is this then? Internal synth engine or just sample? The border is not really clear. Or if a sound is build with a bell-like sine FM fundament and then some sampled attacks are layered on the top, is this sample or internal engine? In the end, the wavetables were once samples, too. And the OSC shapes as well.
I would say, our expansion packs usually use a fair split of everything... shapes, wavetables and samples. I would not release a pack, consisting purely of multisamples. I think thats lazy sound Design.

but after all, you can do some things to samples, you can not do with internal oscs. Tried the "sample shift" in the sample editor on a piano sample yet? Furthermore you easily can re-use the samples in your own preset design. Just load into an empty osc. You cant do this with complex synth engine presets. Thats the reason why we usually pack more multisamples in an expansion pack, that are actually used in the presets.

msvs wrote:Tried the "sample shift" in the sample editor on a piano sample yet?
Why different samples have different max value for the shift while dragged&dropped single samples have +/- 1? Is related to the number of multisamples?

yes it is

Return to “Instruments”