Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

generaldiomedes wrote:I think some patches could be culled from the latest OSC, but unfortunately a lot of the sound comes from automation.

t :)
I was hoping to upload the patches I made, no automation used so would be good, but they were made with a different version and don't sound right in the new alpha, also the DL tends to have no 0.5 etc version number, so it could get ugly.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Ah_Dziz wrote: I found you're really into MPE (I sure am), then grabbing plogue or one of the other modular subhosts out there would be a great buy. I can now MPE pretty much any vst I want with a miniscule setup time.

I'm actually gonna set up crust in there later today along with a top secret beta I have that also has MPE support. Should be fun. But definitely grab a demo of one of the more flexible modular subhosts (runs as a plugin, and also hosts other plugins)

JJ
Yeah, I was considering several, plogue for sure one of them, but maybe too pricey for the moment. I thought Akai VIP could be good, as it would give a preset management on top, but I could not make it work within the 5 days demo time and their support.
I demoed some of the cheaper ones... I probably should bite the bullet and get Bidule...
I also made a scripter for Mainstage which works nicely to check out instruments quickly...
Is it easy in Bidule to copy the parameters to all the instances? Or do I have to find a sound in mono, save it and then load it into all instances? How is your work flow in this regard...?

Copying in bidule is simple. You just select the vst copy it, and then paste as many voices as you want. Then you can go in and modify each individually for variation or link all the parameters so that editing one will edit them all. Bidule has a bit of a learning curve, but once you got it it is smooth as butter to do damn near anything you want. As with most modular type environments, there are multiple message types and once you figure out how they all work, you can then convert them from one to the other and back while processing in between. My favorite thing is that it accesses automatable parameters directly and they can be modified by almost any other type of message with pretty simple conversions. It's definitely worth grabbing the demo to play with and learn your way around.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

About the AntiVirus false positive mark:

If you pack Crust_x86.dll with upx, it will be gone.

To get a fast result, you can use the lowest ammount of compression:
"upx.exe -1 Crust_x86.dll"

and if you then unpack the file, it still isn't affected anymore by any AntiVirus:
"upx.exe -d Crust_x86.dll"

Here is the file packed + unpacked on VirusTotal:
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/609d ... 530248357/

Thanks! Why does this happen, I wonder?

Crust doesn't save customs presets! could it will be add? i have designed tons of presets, but all are gone... same thing for Ribs..

Mundano wrote:Crust doesn't save customs presets! could it will be add? i have designed tons of presets, but all are gone... same thing for Ribs..
What OS and DAW are you using?

damn nice sounds on soundcloud. i was intrigued by the vox test. :clap:

Yes a preset manager would be great.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Yes a preset manager would be great.
Agreed! :tu:

Bitwig is on the best way to fix all MPE related issues and has some tools to turn even Crust into the MPE world. Only problem so far: The pitch bend range is fixed to only two, but the bigger problem is the change of pitch is not linear (pitch). It is linear for the frequency, the calculation of the frequency has to be exponential to have a linear pitch curve. If I move the pitch wheel all up, its two semitones, if I move it half up it should be one semitone, but it is way too high...
If that would be fixed, I’d be happy...
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yep, I know. I was lazy to implement the exact value, but I'll do that in the future.

F = F0 * n/12 root of 2...

Ok ok, I'll add this to the next release :))

Did you submit Crust to the KVR dev challenge?

Return to “Instruments”