Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

DJErmac wrote:When you compare the presets and the Youtube demos, you get nearly exactly the same thing by 99,99%.
No you don't. As I have found out.
The initial presets are the same, ofcourse, but they don't sound the same as the youtube demos out of the box.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

they do. Why shouldn't they??? The used Presets are even displayed in the videos, so you know exactly when which preset plays.

Macro buttons not being recorded.
-- issue solved --
Ignore this post.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

The presets displayed in the video sound like the presets in the synth. Of course, some mastering techniques had to be applied before uploading the music, which affects the sound slightly.

If you are serious about this synth, mixing, have some experience and a have good listening environment you could make it sound just like the video with relative ease.

One of the reasons why I love this synth. Another one is that you could only use Avenger if you wanted to to mix and produce the whole track. Mixing inside the synth, recording the movement of parameters is the secret...

msvs wrote:they do. Why shouldn't they??? The used Presets are even displayed in the videos, so you know exactly when which preset plays.
So which preset is this pumping chord at the beginning of this demo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OL8Fzz2BcQ
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

LD Mirage in the foreground, PD Angel Or Demon and PD Glassy Pad in the Background. BA Bass Driver for the sub

You dont want to tell me now, that you dont get the sidechain pumpin, do you :) ?
In this case, select the MiniChain in an Avenger MasterChannel of your choice and use the init preset.

@msv
Would you mind to answer the question I ask some posts ago?

This was my question:
In Avenger there are a lot of possible sources for an oscillator.
Among them we can use VA-Shapes.
We can also create our own shapes importing or drawing a single cycle wave.

I would like to know how a factory VA-Shape is produced within Avenger?
Is it live calculated (computed) with an algorithm?
Is it precomputed with a lookup table?
Is it a sample of a single cycle wave?
Something else?
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

msvs wrote:LD Mirage in the foreground, PD Angel Or Demon and PD Glassy Pad in the Background. BA Bass Driver for the sub

You dont want to tell me now, that you dont get the sidechain pumpin, do you :) ?
In this case, select the MiniChain in an Avenger MasterChannel of your choice and use the init preset.
Case in point.

Something else?
all of these
you can create a snapshot of the current shape anytime, just rightclick on it and "save as shape"

msvs wrote:
Something else?
all of these
you can create a snapshot of the current shape anytime, just rightclick on it and "save as shape"
Thanks for your answer though I must confess that it does not fullfill my curiosity ;-)

When you write "all of these" do you mean that for example the factory basic shape "Square" is at the same time computed with an algorithm, precomputed with a look up table and at the same time a sample of a single cycle wave?
If yes, I have difficulty to understand as I thought these were three different ways to create an oscillator!

I should add that I am in no way programmer and this question is out of curiosity and in order to learn a little bit more on how a VSTi is working.
I also try to understand the difference between a single cycle wave that I can draw by myself then make a sample of it and use in Avenger and the same wave but this time calculated from a formula/algorithm.
And I wanted to know which waves/shapes in Avenger are calculted with an algorithm and which are sample from the beginning.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

sorry but I wont list you thousands of shapes now and name their creation method :wink: . Like I said, its no magic. It does not matter if they are drawed, from samples or calculated, the result is the same. Look at it in the graphical way, your shape describes the movement of your speaker membran around the zero crossing. Which pencil you use does not matter. Important is, that once they are imported into our engine, you have several possibilites with them (bend, crush, formant etc) you dont have with samples

The macro knobs are still not working in Komplete Kontrol. Has this been fixed and I'm doing something wrong or is this still on the 'to-do' list?

msvs wrote:sorry but I wont list you thousands of shapes now and name their creation method :wink: . Like I said, its no magic. It does not matter if they are drawed, from samples or calculated, the result is the same. Look at it in the graphical way, your shape describes the movement of your speaker membran around the zero crossing. Which pencil you use does not matter. Important is, that once they are imported into our engine, you have several possibilites with them (bend, crush, formant etc) you dont have with samples
Thanks again for your answer.

OK, shapes have been created in any kind of way, then they have been imported and converted in Avengers engine.
But could you tell in what they have been converted?
I mean in Avenger engine they are not samples any more but what are they?
Do they become an equation? A formula? An algorithm?

Why I am asking is a follow up to this thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=506552
"Oscillators in VSTi?"
Some people kindly explained some differences on how to create an oscillator and it seems each developper does it it's own way.
I wanted to know in particular how Avenger does it.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Well I dont know the technical / methematical terms, I would have to ask this my programmer. But I know, that they are converted into a wavetable with 1 single table

Is the analog filter going to be available this year

Return to “Instruments”