ZYNAPTIQ Intensity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Intensity

cheap manipulation? sorry but what the kvr are you talking about :D :D :D
Go ahead, and measure the levels. They're 1:1 within 0.2db for the first example (unless the Youtube codec messed that up). I get why you would THINK that the levels MUST be different as the loudness change is CRAZY...they're not though.

Here's a screengrab from the footage we used for the first (full mix) example (I disabled the crop and transform in FCPX, this is the actual video that makes that part of the trailer):

Note the 0.2db difference visible at the level meters on the lower left. Kinda not so much for the amount of change audible in my book... :party:
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

zynaptiq wrote:cheap manipulation? sorry but what the kvr are you talking about :D :D :D
I downloaded the trailer and ran the first example through a loudness meter. The original parts were about -11.6LUFS while the processed parts were about -8.9LUFS. Thats a boost of 2.7 and therefore not a real and fair comparison :wink: That's the manipulation he's talking about - the typical "louder feels better" scheme unfortunately seen in many products videos.

I tried the demo for mastering and track use. I use two pre-master mixes, one electronic rock the other folk acoustic. Intensify sounded pretty nice on them however the result is not something I'd want to further process too much - I arrive at this instinctively, as that is how I generally work. To clarify - the post-results of Intensify were such that no further processing came to mind - there was a low level energy that was brought up, which did have an interesting effect on the sound. Maybe some touch-up EQ and final limiter and that's it. I felt the same way about it on tracks although there is more leaway there.

My impressions are that if you are looking for a quick way to master or add a sparkle to a track or mix and would rather not finesse the sound yourself manually using plugin chains, Intesify is worth a look. But it has too much over-all effect to be useful in a chain with other processing.

I'd consider as an addition to my tool box but not at $150US! $100 maybe. under $75 even better.

I'll wait for it in the buy/sell marketplace. :phones:

Seems people are getting confused between the words Intensity & Intensify :lol:

Intensity: On special offer at Time & Space: £129 (from £329); both including VAT

https://www.timespace.com/collections/z ... -intensity
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

RobinWood wrote:
zynaptiq wrote:cheap manipulation? sorry but what the kvr are you talking about :D :D :D
I downloaded the trailer and ran the first example through a loudness meter. The original parts were about -11.6LUFS while the processed parts were about -8.9LUFS
Wait ... I thought Youtube had a hard limit of -13LUFS, is that not the case ?

DarkStar wrote:Intensity: On special offer at Time & Space: £129 (from £329); both including VAT

A few pennies under £113 if you nab it through Audiodeluxe :) Still waiting to see JRR Shop's counter-offer with their in-basket discount, but it doesn't look like it's in stock yet.

Neon Breath wrote:Seems people are getting confused between the words Intensity & Intensify :lol:
I am guilty of confusing that in the thread title. :dog:

mcbpete wrote:
RobinWood wrote:
I downloaded the trailer and ran the first example through a loudness meter. The original parts were about -11.6LUFS while the processed parts were about -8.9LUFS
The loudness normalization value is added/subtracted during playback (you can see how much in the video statistics), not rendered into the files. So if one day the target level changes they can simply adjust the loudness. By downloading the video you'll get the "original" file.

mcbpete wrote:
DarkStar wrote:Intensity: On special offer at Time & Space: £129 (from £329); both including VAT

A few pennies under £113 if you nab it through Audiodeluxe :) Still waiting to see JRR Shop's counter-offer with their in-basket discount, but it doesn't look like it's in stock yet.
I couldnt find a audiodeluxe coupon. Which did u use?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

mcbpete wrote:
RobinWood wrote:
It is around 13-14 LUFS but not “hard”. It applies the gain reduction only if the video exceeds a certain number of plays. However, the LU differences are kept in the same proportion.

Making something louder is easy...even I can do it.

Making something sound more dense and crisp whilst maintaining a reverent balance between lows, mids and highs is much more difficult to achieve, and this is where I think Zynaptiq has succeeded.

I bought it after demoing last night. So far, I have only used it on a mix bus, but I think, for my purposes, this is where it really shines: taking a mix that is already balanced and generally liked then accentuating its elements to add "sonic weight," for lack of a better term.

The plug-ins I would most compare it to are Elevate (at certain settings), Scheps Parallel Particles and the Waves Infected Mushroom Pusher, possibly the Softubes' Weiss DS1 (using parallel compression and a few other modes) Of these comparisons, Intesify seems to approach and improve upon the Particles and the Infected Mushroom model of placing multiband parallel comp (and or an expander) and saturation/harmonic distortion in one plug-in. But none of that "one knob" plug-in efficiency matters, if the resultant quality falls short of what one could achieve with a variety of plug-ins, each dedicated to a specific cause. Here, I think Intesity has upped the stakes and created a single plug-in that is not a gimmick, but an extraordinary tool.

At its extreme settings it is far from subtle, but even then things still sound "good," which some cannot be said of some similar products. That said, I would not call this an overly "coloured" plug-in either. It seems, to my ears, to be more embracing the best of digital rather than going after the simulation of best of analog...and so its use may be, like all things, material dependent.

I used it on a modern horror trailer cue I have been working on that featured bartok hits, string tree clusters, deep bass synths, hard impacts and a rise...and Intesity is the best way to describe the results I was able to achieve.

https://soundcloud.com/jonny-632235726/the-turning-v102

Would I use this on a jazz trio or chamber piece, probably not.

PS: I have no affiliation with Zynaptiq, paid my hard-earned money for the plug-in, and it's not like me to give reviews. But I really like what this plug-in does.

zynaptiq wrote:
It does compress in the sense that it reduces dynamic range (by bringing up low-level information). It does not, however, compare the RMS to a threshold and then reduce gain according to attack ,release and ratio settings. So when you say "you can hear compression", you are either hearing pumping that is already present but inaudibly low in level (and is being brought up by the algorithm), or you mean that the dynamic range is changed...right?
Well of course raising the low volume signal while maintaining the high volume
is (upward) compression. Which by the way one can achieve with
regular compressors/levelers/limiters where first you bring the loud parts down
and then lift everything up by the same amount until the new peaks/RMS
matches the original peak or RMS levels.

So the tool plain and simple compresses the signal, why spend any time
on elaborate language around that fact?

Caine123 wrote:
mcbpete wrote:

I couldnt find a audiodeluxe coupon. Which did u use?
Nothing - Just our current exchange rate (if Google is right!) - According to that $149 is £113.05 (looks like it's gone up a little bit since 5pm!)

Go ahead, and measure the levels. They're 1:1 within 0.2db for the first example (unless the Youtube codec messed that up). I get why you would THINK that the levels MUST be different as the loudness change is CRAZY...they're not though.

Here's a screengrab from the footage we used for the first (full mix) example (I disabled the crop and transform in FCPX, this is the actual video that makes that part of the trailer):

Note the 0.2db difference visible at the level meters on the lower left. Kinda not so much for the amount of change audible in my book... :party:
it's quite alarming that such a high profile developer doesn't understand the difference between peak and average levels.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”