Softube OTO Biscuit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not seen a thread on this one. I'd be quite interested in it, but its rather expensive for me even on its 'sale' price. Would particularly like to see this get integrated into Modular, they seem to be doing that for a few of their other toys.

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=oto_biscuit
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

How close is it to orginal Biscuit? And yes, the price is high but hands up who ITB User would buy that tool(500- 600 euro second hand hardware) for effects processing.

I will demo and compare to Sonicharge Permut8, which IMO is one of the most underrated plugins of all time. Besides being 8 bit (biscuit) vs 12 (bit), Permut8 seems like it can do a lot of Biscuit and more with the firmwares. Have to see if Softube included the additional effects to Biscuit.

perpetual3 wrote:I will demo and compare to Sonicharge Permut8, which IMO is one of the most underrated plugins of all time. Besides being 8 bit (biscuit) vs 12 (bit), Permut8 seems like it can do a lot of Biscuit and more with the firmwares. Have to see if Softube included the additional effects to Biscuit.
I have to agree with you about Permut8.

I have to admit being intrigued. I always liked the Biscuit demos but, also thought the price was a bit high as well. Softube sure seems proud of it. I guess in light of what they ask for the Distressor plugin, 200 bucks sounds...reasonable? I don't know. I'll be following this thread closely for a while. I'll maybe even try the demo, even though Softube's Gobbler authorization process always makes me scratch my head.

I have and use the UAD version ..its spot on
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

I´m suprised that this version of a hardwaretool is not on fire on KVR?

Where are the tubes?

I have the UAD-2 version as well. It has interesting feature but it doesn't feel like a cohesive unit. Some effect boxes have a feel to them that makes them seem like an instrument in their own right. I think the interface is letting it down. If it had the same internals but a modern interface ... perhaps something that was tabbed with more visual feedback it would reach its potential. I find I can do what it can do using other plugins with better results. It is a workflow issue for me... I just don't get along with it.

Firmware Rev 1.2 of the Biscuit lets the resonance be programed in the step sequencer which seems implemented in the vst version.
But there are also 4 new effects which do not seem to be implemented.

Bathrobe wrote:Firmware Rev 1.2 of the Biscuit lets the resonance be programed in the step sequencer which seems implemented in the vst version.
But there are also 4 new effects which do not seem to be implemented.
They did the same thing with the clouds module for their modular synth.

C’mon Softube - get with the program.

$199? I see no need to spend that much money to make your audio sound like shit when all you have to do is run it though a Behringer mixer.

I'm really loving this. It is different to the other tools in my arsenal. Can't do the same with Permut8 or Decimort. Could maybe get similar results with a combi of effects, but this does just what I want so quickly - instant Alva Noto :)

I wouldn't usually spend this much on an FX plugin, but this was an instant buy for me.

virtualpt wrote:I'm really loving this. It is different to the other tools in my arsenal. Can't do the same with Permut8 or Decimort. Could maybe get similar results with a combi of effects, but this does just what I want so quickly - instant Alva Noto :)

I wouldn't usually spend this much on an FX plugin, but this was an instant buy for me.
Haven’t had a chance to demo yet but - wow - if this was an insta-buy and you have Permut8, which is one of my favorite plugins of all time, that’s saying something.

I just logged into my AudioDeluxe account, and they'll knock off another $30. I'm probably going to pick it up this weekend for that reason alone.

Return to “Effects”