Applied Acoustics Systems announces OBJEQ Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this plugin's dope

it's good we can switch off the delay and just use the Object module, but it should have a separate mix control for the Delay module.

can't wait for version 2, it's a very cool effect, but it needs more cowbell.
LFO needs multiple destinations, 'modules' need to be re-orderable, delay needs to be stereo (independent R + L times etc).

Very fun to use :)

sqigls wrote:can't wait for version 2, it's a very cool effect, but it needs more cowbell.
LFO needs multiple destinations, 'modules' need to be re-orderable, delay needs to be stereo (independent R + L times etc).
While we're suggesting improvements, it sure would be nice to control the resonator frequency using MIDI notes. I got Objeq as part of the Modeling Collection and figured "oh hey, cool, it'll be like having Chromaphone as an effect," but nope... had to get Tassman for key-tracking resonators.

It's still a pretty neat effect, of course; it just doesn't do the one thing I thought it obviously would.

is that the most amazing delay for sound design or what?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:40 am is that the most amazing delay for sound design or what?
Absolutely! Its a resonator as well to create physical models. Exaltation by whatever you feed into...

cthonophonic wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 pm
sqigls wrote:can't wait for version 2, it's a very cool effect, but it needs more cowbell.
While we're suggesting improvements, it sure would be nice to control the resonator frequency using MIDI notes. I got Objeq as part of the Modeling Collection and figured "oh hey, cool, it'll be like having Chromaphone as an effect," but nope... had to get Tassman for key-tracking resonators.

It's still a pretty neat effect, of course; it just doesn't do the one thing I thought it obviously would.
you can use something like insert piz midinotes to CC to control the resonator frequency. Is quite easy in Reaper but not sure about other hosts

Its dead easy in Bitwig as well…

martiu wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:40 am is that the most amazing delay for sound design or what?
well, its no tassman 4....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I've bought it right after it came out and have been using it way more than I should ever since.
Def. one of my top 3 delays.

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:09 am
cthonophonic wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:32 pm

you can use something like insert piz midinotes to CC to control the resonator frequency. Is quite easy in Reaper but not sure about other hosts
One thing people neglect when relying on daw modulation is the lack of portability, especially when it comes to identical sound reproduction when opening a patch in another host. There’s no modulation standard and it becomes glaringly apparent when trying to recreate complex modulation sets from logic into renoise. However, for certain plugins that have modulation built in, like the drop or etch, it’s automatically saved with the patch.

There’s almost no excuse for modern plugins to lack modulation. I can’t even think of a plugin that wouldn’t benefit from extensive modulation options. I’m not saying they have to look like melda plugins, but a single envelope and/or LFO? Come on.

masterhiggins wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:40 pm There’s almost no excuse for modern plugins to lack modulation. I can’t even think of a plugin that wouldn’t benefit from extensive modulation options. I’m not saying they have to look like melda plugins, but a single envelope and/or LFO? Come on.
With small developers, especially upstarts, time and funds can be a problem. Still, agree that it is pretty common, and it is very nice to have these features. When bigger companies release a plugin that begs for having LFOs and envelopes and MSEGs--and they already have these things in other products--it does seem weak on their part. Still, I'm an outsider to what goes on in plugin development.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Effects”