Softube OTO Biscuit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did you contact them for that discount? Have tried the demo, wouldn't say it's better than permut8 but different. Considering how much the hardware costs its a tempting proposition.

No. I just logged in, and added it to my cart. AudioDeluxe adds a SUMMER2018 coupon automatically. I'm still debating whether this would get me much further than some of the stuff I have already. I mean...I have Dent 2, Trash2, Kombinat Tri, Diversion, other gates, delays, distortions out the wazoo. I know that the Biscuit is different. Still trying to figure out HOW different, really

Heh. Just noticed that Softube's announcement email from this morning says the intro price is $149 - a typo, I assume, since it still shows up as $199 on their site. It would be too expensive for me even at that price, but it sure is a neat effect.

I got the very same email. I keep hoping that Softube will lower the intro price to $149. It's still expensive but, it's way closer to being reasonable

Still have over 2 weeks to evaluate. 50% of the excitement is the notion of it being a part of Softube´s Modular.

Bathrobe wrote:Still have over 2 weeks to evaluate. 50% of the excitement is the notion of it being a part of Softube´s Modular.
Is it part of modular?

No it is not.
But maybe one day?

It would make sense to offer an introductionary discount and some time after that to add it to the Modular arsenal.

Bathrobe wrote:No it is not.
But maybe one day?

It would make sense to offer an introductionary discount and some time after that to add it to the Modular arsenal.
Yeah, I hope so!

Woah this looks awesome...but I completely agree, way too costly for me. :o

Nope, no $149. Just sent me an email and a support response saying they'd gotten it wrong originally, and that it's $199 for intro. So no go for me at that price.

Yes, me too. Also, no word on Modular integration.

srcodling wrote:Nope, no $149. Just sent me an email and a support response saying they'd gotten it wrong originally, and that it's $199 for intro. So no go for me at that price.
Yikes, way too steep for a plug like this. That's too bad, I'd really love to pick this up... :?

Finally got the chance to demo. Indeed, it’s different enough than Permut8. I was very surprised by the sounds I was able to get out of it.

They’ve lowered the price to $149 now, meaning you can get it for something like $125 at AudioDeluxe. Still sitting on the fence. I certainly have enough bit reduction plugins like Trash 2 and Decimort. You know, there’s a $5 M4L plug that’s Biscuit inspired where you can invert and delete bits as well, even though I doubt it comes close to the Biscuit.

W23 wrote:You know, there’s a $5 M4L plug that’s Biscuit inspired where you can invert and delete bits as well, even though I doubt it comes close to the Biscuit.
There's also Bitunz for free.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”