Subspace or Breeze?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, now I've watched the three videos. Of course, a (pleasant) problem is that everything Simon records sounds so incredibly good in itself. :love: That being said, I was surprised to hear no difference between the three reverbs (when trying with another of his demos for Breeze, that is, a more atmospheric one). Of course, reverbs on great sounding pads are hard to judge by, but anyway, they all sound great.

Watching the videos was very educational though as their workflow and aesthetics are shown. I think neither Adaptiverb nor Breeze seem difficult to understand, and they both come with more presets than one will probably need over a lifetime.

I think I'm going to agree with Neon Breath: 1. Adaptiverb; 2. Breeze; 3. Subspace. However, the pricetags of them also justify this order. For anyone reading this thread, I think it's fair to say that both Breeze and Adaptiverbs are winners (not to say anything bad about MTurboReverb, it's just not what I was after).

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts so far! :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Actually, having both wouldn't hurt. :D
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:Okay, now I've watched the three videos. Of course, a (pleasant) problem is that everything Simon records sounds so incredibly good in itself. :love: That being said, I was surprised to hear no difference between the three reverbs (when trying with another of his demos for Breeze, that is, a more atmospheric one). Of course, reverbs on great sounding pads are hard to judge by, but anyway, they all sound great.

Watching the videos was very educational though as their workflow and aesthetics are shown. I think neither Adaptiverb nor Breeze seem difficult to understand, and they both come with more presets than one will probably need over a lifetime.

I think I'm going to agree with Neon Breath: 1. Adaptiverb; 2. Breeze; 3. Subspace. However, the pricetags of them also justify this order. For anyone reading this thread, I think it's fair to say that both Breeze and Adaptiverbs are winners (not to say anything bad about MTurboReverb, it's just not what I was after).

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts so far! :tu:
:wink:
The one thing unique to Adaptiverb is the ability to take a “footprint“ of any given audio source and apply that spectral footprint to the input source, that kind of re-synthesis makes it similar to a convolution reverb but with much more flexibility (like you can also substract the footprint from the input source). And the possibility to use Adaptiverb as a drone-player (by freezing the reverb and storing/recalling it) is also unique.

This video shows why Adaptiverb is far beyond normal reverb. It's much more useful if you do sound design than just mixing tool.
Btw reapplying reverb from one source to another is mind blowing :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF11J2Ip8GE&t=415s

Thanks pixel85 - it's totally mindblowing indeed! It's like topping the best parts of electro acustic composition throughout history and then like a score for a Hollywood space movie. Stunning.

Another video that I found enlighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dybh-zY0Bk

Besides, the trailer is of course fantastic, but this dry/wet special edition made it even more amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANYhwIIoP80
Go MuLab!

Ok I have now tried both Breeze and Subspace. If you are after a great all-purpose reverb there is really no competition between them: go with Breeze. It is fantastic and covers every possible reverb scenario.

Subspace on the other hand is free :) but it is also super clean. If that is what you are looking for then go with Subspace. It is of course limited but what it does, it does great.
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:Both reverbs get a lot of attention, but does one sound better than the other?

Breeze looks amazing, but I am interested in the clean sound of Zynaptic's product range (where the reverb sound is making the sound bigger rather than adding reverb on top of it). Also I am not so interested in tweaking the reverb, just want something budget friendly that sounds great on vocals etc.

Asking now because of the Breeze sale (55 euros I think).

Thanks!
Apples or Grapes?

martinjuenke wrote: Apples or Grapes?
Not really I think, but a fruit salad of reverbs is appealing nonetheless. :D
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:
Exactly my opinion!
The 2CAudio products are IMO pretty good, but of course there are other alternatives. Adaptiverb is playing in a league of its own. The very often overlooked RC24 / RC48 of NI are workhorses, UHBIK-A is delivering subtle but effective ambiences and so on...
No need for „Either / Or“ , but for „And and and“ ...
Last edited by martinjuenke on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martinjuenke wrote:
SparkySpark wrote:
Exactly my opinion!
The 2CAudio products are IMO pretty good, but of course there are other alternatives. Adaptiverb is playing in a league of its own. The very often overlooked RC24 / RC48 of NI are workhorses, UHBIK-A is delivering subtle but effective ambiances and so on...
No need for „Either / Or“ , but for „And and and“ ...
Yes indeed. Sorry the apples and grapes got mixed (not as in pop music or fruit salad) in translation. I am wholeheartedly with you. :)
Go MuLab!

I‘m still not able to use this editor properly... :dog:

Return to “Effects”