Atlas. The Sampler that will change the way you use your sample library is out now!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas

Hi Everyone!

We are excited to announce that 'Atlas' is out and available to buy today. You can also download a 14-day full featured trial to see what it's about.
http://www.algonaut.tech

Atlas is launching at an introductory price of $99 (normally $149).

Some of you guys will have been following the development of Atlas on other threads but just to summarize quickly:

Atlas is a sampler powered with Artificial Intelligence that can find all your samples, categorize and understand them, and create a map you can browse with them all in one place. It also has a Drum Kit you can use to instantly generate unique drum kits using your own samples. With bundled MIDI clips, it's an endless loop generation machine!

As usual I'm here to answer any questions so hit me up!

Nice, congratulations on the release

very interesting and innovative
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

The programm installs 222mb under C:\ProgramData in Windows. I guess this are the sounds for the drumkits.
But why on earth is it not possible to select a different location where I have the space for all the data?
I really hate those kind of installers that force me to install the softwares sounds on my small system disc.
Could you please change that?

Bought it yesterday, so completely worth it as a companion to my noiiz subscription.

timnoric wrote:Hi Everyone!

... It also has a Drum Kit you can use to instantly generate unique drum kits using your own samples. With bundled MIDI clips, it's an endless loop generation machine! ....
A good idea, though it's not new.

Xils-Lab StiX can generate intelligent drumkits on the fly for years now (and has an option for non intelligent ones)

It has a drum sequencer though, so it's different then playing midi clips. + you'll have to batch import your own samples in StiX, wich takes ' a certain time', depending on how much you have. Otoh a drum sound can combine oscillators and samples, and you can fully customise them, including a lot of macro command.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Congrats on the release! I posted the following towards the end of the beta thread, was wondering what your thoughts were:

"How far does the AI go in terms of classifying non-'standard' drum sounds (i.e. outside of the usual snare/tom/hihat/kick type paradigm)? I assume it still uses some kind of 'distance' measurement to place similar sounding files close to one another in the clusters, even if it doesn't have specific nomenclature for more abstract hits.

I'm actually most interested in using it to find commonality between more abstract samples in my library (clicks, pops, that kind of thing), as I often find a random perc sample I really like but struggle to find other ones to play well with it."

I approach tracks in quite a 'techno' way, i.e. various low frequency type sounds in one group, cymbal type sounds in another group, snare/clap/perc type sounds in another, so I'd probably want to use Atlas to support that approach, rather than as a 'drumkit in one'.

Congrats on the release.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Lotuzia wrote:

... It also has a Drum Kit you can use to instantly generate unique drum kits using your own samples. With bundled MIDI clips, it's an endless loop generation machine! ....

Xils-Lab StiX can generate intelligent drumkits on the fly for years now (and has an option for non intelligent ones)
wow
I didn't see him say he created a worlds first. I just see some new guy trying to market something, and you trying to steal his customers.

I got nothing against you or Xils, but that was pretty blatant :o

enCiphered wrote:The programm installs 222mb under C:\ProgramData in Windows. I guess this are the sounds for the drumkits.
But why on earth is it not possible to select a different location where I have the space for all the data?
I really hate those kind of installers that force me to install the softwares sounds on my small system disc.
Could you please change that?
+1.
Many people have their own way of storing audio files.

Does it classify sounds other than drums? (bass, pad, etc)

Just to clarify a few points made:

Atlas is intended primarily as a drum/beat sampler. We have trained the AI mainly with drums and thats why most of the categories are drum sounds. Atlas can tell the difference between loops and one shots however, and will reject them from the map as it doesn't make much sense triggering loops from drumkit. If you leave the box in analysis ticked, Atlas will create an 'other' category of shorter one-shot sounds like chord stabs, bass, vocals etc. This category is a bit disorganised right now, but we are going to be providing an update soon where we train the AI on bass, vocals, synths, pads etc and split the group up.

Remember that you don't have to have your sample library organised for Atlas to work. That's the beauty of it, it will dig through and find all the drums and one-shots.

You can run multiple instances of Atlas. It is extremely cpu light as all the hard work is done during analysis. After that, its just a basic sampler. So you can have one instance of Atlas for kick, toms etc, one for mid perc and another for cymbals.

As for installer samples, we can definitely look at letting you install them where you want. We just figured since it was a small bundle (150mb) and a lot of programs are much bigger than that, people wouldn't mind where we installed them to.

Atlas is awesome! Congratulations!
Is there any way to create kits from more than one map at a time?
Like a randomization of all maps.
That would be dope.

simmo75 wrote:Atlas is awesome! Congratulations!
Is there any way to create kits from more than one map at a time?
Like a randomization of all maps.
That would be dope.
I don't think this is possible but I'll second that as a nice feature to add in a future update. I had mapped all the individual folders I had of drum sample packs, then mapped the parent folder they were all in to get the same effect - a built-in choose from group/all would be much more efficient.

_al_ wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

wow
I didn't see him say he created a worlds first. I just see some new guy trying to market something, and you trying to steal his customers.

I got nothing against you or Xils, but that was pretty blatant :o
Agreed. Not everyone wants to be bogged down by a buggy, awkward-ass drum synth.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”