IK MUltimedia UNO Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UNO Synth

Hi, Peter, what was/is your listening setup? Are there some recommended setups/products that were used in the design phase?

Have you some anecdotal comparisons between playing into
a keyboard amp, or a daw input with large monitors?
Or a power amp into a PA etc?

Has Squids set up a filter sweep across the keys to enable
some finger drumming? :hyper:
Cheers

glokraw wrote:Hi, Peter, what was/is your listening setup? Are there some recommended setups/products that were used in the design phase?

Have you some anecdotal comparisons between playing into
a keyboard amp, or a daw input with large monitors?
Or a power amp into a PA etc?

Has Squids set up a filter sweep across the keys to enable
some finger drumming? :hyper:
Cheers
My listening setup was through headphones at a desk for a good portion of the time but we also have a room set up at the US office where we can give presentations etc and there I (and, with more skill obviously, Erik Norlander) were playing through an Allen & Heath mixing board (can't recall the model) and I'll have to check what kind of power amp/speaker setup because I don't recall. Sounded great either way. I'll play through the DAW/monitors setup when I have a unit at home :)

Squids is here too, had a couple of great conversations with him, but I'll have to relay your idea to him about finger drumming. I also have to remember not to hit the UNO Synth surface too hard because it is cap-sense, which sounds silly but it something a lot of people find requires a little bit of adjustment time. Perhaps that's how I can improve my general technique and be able to play faster. Probably not, though.

I found the interface to be well-suited to the sequencer and arpeggiator and never really found myself wanting for a standard controller. I really thought I would but I didn't. Will I hook up a controller to mine when I have one full-time? Sure. Will I use it a lot? I'm betting not too much. I'll probably sit UNO Synth atop a controller or synth I already have and use its interface for the most part.

Thanks for the info, I may put a UNO on top of
an ART SGX2000, and run that through Amplitube,
output to a Fender GT40 amp (semi FRFR stereo speakers,
and even more modeling candies)

And when is SonikSynth3 coming out? A lot of Squids sampling
work needs to get re-upped in a shiny evil twin to SampleTank3
...just a low-rent opinion :wink:
Cheers

glokraw wrote:Thanks for the info, I may put a UNO on top of
That sounds like a great setup!
Cheers
Hmmm... Or, SampleTank 4...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
glokraw wrote:Thanks for the info, I may put a UNO on top of
That sounds like a great setup!
Cheers
Hmmm... Or, SampleTank 4...
Well if you are going with Sampletank 4.

Here is a million dollar advice:

Make Uno Synth integration where you could sample directly to Sampletank 4 with randomized phase (or samplestart) so you could play in polyphonic mode and not only that, but also build your own Uno synth library + it would be also a "multitimbral" sort of way to play the instrument.

p.s. that would also be real "paradigm shift" :wink:

I pulled the trigger on this bad boy!

Looks like an awesome gateway synth.... Any updates on the shipping other than July?

beergeekgotold wrote:I pulled the trigger on this bad boy!

Looks like an awesome gateway synth.... Any updates on the shipping other than July?
We are looking good for this month but I don't have a specific date to share yet. I'm going to post the "Making of UNO Synth" post in this subforum so we're making great progress. I'll keep pushing to get a specific date to post too. Thanks!

edit - minor change to clunky wording
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Edit - decided to move to its own thread as this was started by someone else, didn't want to step on toes.

Ta-DA!!!!

Mine has just turned up (UK) :-)

Batteries fitted (x4 included with 2 x midi and USB Cable)
Did a CAL on turn on, hit a note, turned the filter- NICE, squelchy, wet- this is going to be fun!

Will play and report!!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Sounds like you're in for a fun morning :)

@Peter - the editor app download link doesn't seem to work, is it up yet?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:@Peter - the editor app download link doesn't seem to work, is it up yet?
Hi, the editor is not yet up so for the time being you'll have to have full hands-on fun ;) We'll have more information about the availability of the editor on Mac/PC and iOS soon. Thanks!

SLiC wrote:Ta-DA!!!!

Mine has just turned up (UK) :-)

Batteries fitted (x4 included with 2 x midi and USB Cable)
Did a CAL on turn on, hit a note, turned the filter- NICE, squelchy, wet- this is going to be fun!

Will play and report!!
Glad you liked your first notes and such. I look forward to your report!

I can't seem to find the manual... mine is on its way. I wanted to read up on the midi spec and make a custom controller template for it in advance. Any idea if and when the manual will be posted?

It doesn't ship with midi implementation or details instructions (just a tiny overview sheet), it says it can all be downloaded from the IK site along with the editing app....I suspect they have shipped before this other stuff is ready, and as I sit here playing with my ne UNO I am not complaining :D

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”