Would you like to sell your license of FL Studio if you could???

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion

Would you sell your license of FL Studio if you could?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes: 95

RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's actually a phenomenal DAW and program. It just has a workflow that is unapologetically completely different than pretty much every other DAW. It's a double-edged sword though. . . it makes it extremely quick to get ideas down but then (in my opinion) it becomes a burden when you're working with arrangements, mixing, etc.

I used it alot from version 2 to version 5. Since then I very rarely use it but wouldn’t sell.

Nope, FL Studio is the best DAW for me, and it only gets better with each version. Best money I've ever spent! :D

i have had it for ages and it was the first DAW i bought. to be honest it is overly ridiculous in workflow and documentation is very poor. i wasted my money buying into that stupid bible almost two decades ago and it was laughable. it reminds me of Gentoo... hard to work with for the sake of being hard to work with which keep many noobies away. and fanboys like it that way lol

but as was stated.. it is good for creating parts or ideas but is mostly pitiful when actually doing mixing and finished work. there are far better and easier workflows available. that being said... i wouldn't sell it for the free updates and for the fact it is useful in creating midi parts and i still use it for that purpose.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

It seems well made and designed but i have not found a use for it so would love to be ablee to sell my copy. Audio editing is mainly where it falls down for me

I sometimes wish that when i switched from sonar to FL, i had switched to Ableton instead (and now maybe bitwig, dunno), but if i do ever switch to something else, i think i would still never want to sell FL. It has it's strong points and and i still love the automation, which is the main reason i bought it.
Though i do wish they would stop the automation links breaking, every time we load a preset. That's so annoying.

yes, it has it's fair share of annoyances, but it's still the DAW i use the most. it's very speedy and now it has rendering and freezing etc. Loads of tweaks in the new version.
it is still, for me, the fastest piano roll. it's worth keeping for this on it's own...

woggle wrote:It seems well made and designed but i have not found a use for it so would love to be ablee to sell my copy. Audio editing is mainly where it falls down for me
What about Edison and sliceX? these are really good editing tools...

inkwarp wrote:
woggle wrote:It seems well made and designed but i have not found a use for it so would love to be ablee to sell my copy. Audio editing is mainly where it falls down for me
What about Edison and sliceX? these are really good editing tools...
Eh. It can't compete with Pro Tools and many other DAWs when it comes to audio editing. Though PT is king for tracking and editing for me. Edison is a nice editor for preparing audio to use in samplers though - and Convolver is great for editing IRs.

Yes I would. I’m stuck with it, but I guess that’s the price to pay for free lifetime updates.

Thx so far to everybody who has voted and/or left a comment here... :tu:

Yorrrrrr wrote:Yes I would. I’m stuck with it, but I guess that’s the price to pay for free lifetime updates.
You make it sound like a Faustian pact.
You could be stuck with far worse.
Lifetime license means you will always get the updated and ( usually) superior version. It depends a little on which version i guess - a version without the bespoke plugins would be of far less value.
One thing i particularly like about FL is that it's rewire capable and it can also be used as a plugin in other DAWs. And it runs pretty smooth to boot...

No I wouldn't.

True that FL's workflow is... puzzling here and there, but I applaud Image Line's policy of free lifetime updates.
I try and support all the developers that don't treat their customers like a cash cow and deliver great products at very affordable or fair prices.
If I sold my copy of FL I would actually make the developer lose a sale unit.
Some developers, IDK, Hornet or SKnote, off the top of my head, offer great products at low price and, even when I can see them for sale on the classifieds section of KVR I wouldn't dream of buying them there.
Small developers need the money to keep on thriving (and maybe put some food on the table too). Just my point of view.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

inkwarp wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Yes I would. I’m stuck with it, but I guess that’s the price to pay for free lifetime updates.
You make it sound like a Faustian pact.
You could be stuck with far worse.
Lifetime license means you will always get the updated and ( usually) superior version. It depends a little on which version i guess - a version without the bespoke plugins would be of far less value.
One thing i particularly like about FL is that it's rewire capable and it can also be used as a plugin in other DAWs. And it runs pretty smooth to boot...
I am not Yorrrrrr, but nevertheless you´re stuck... if you move away from using FL Studio (what many many people did) lifteime free upgrades serves you nothing nor does in most cases using FL Studio as a plugin...

Just ran a trial 5-6 years ago and did not vote.

But if anybody even think that lifetime updates after purchase also should mean shifting to somebody elses lifetime - it's just unfair and not realistic. ImageLine would die sooner than soon.

So my vote is NO to even have such a poll....

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”