[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

Hi! Little thingie and a (sorry!!) module request.

Reaper process does not quit when a VeeSeeVST plugin is included in the song.

For MIDI polyphony flexibility Gratrix and MoDllz modules would be great.

thanks!

Wow, wonderful gift, thank you. I would like to see (if you can) the JW modules in VeeSee. Again, thanks for your gift.

https://github.com/jeremywen/JW-Modules
Last edited by goleat on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

melodyz wrote:Hi I tried selecting favorites form VCV Rack main and then copying the settings.json file over to the VST version. It did not save favorites.
the VST plugin never saves the favourites but you can copy them over from VCV Rack and that definitely works (I tried). You can find my (current) favourite list in the new release.

Hint: To find the plugin names / model ids for the favourite list, you can either use VCV Rack (then copy "settings.json") or you can instantiate all the modules you want in your list, save the patch as a ".vcv" file, then open it in a text editor and copy the ids from there. Not particularly comfortable but it works.

lalo wrote:Reaper process does not quit when a VeeSeeVST plugin is included in the song.
hmm, I can't reproduce that issue (works fine here in Reaper).
lalo wrote:For MIDI polyphony flexibility Gratrix and MoDllz modules would be great.
done but please use the Core.MIDI-1 module for the start/stop/clock signals.
goleat wrote:I would like to see [..] the JW modules
believe it or not but that was actually the plan for today.
Unfortunately the evening was over too fast (once again).

Changelog:

Code: Select all

** July 10th, 2018
- add module Gratrix.VCO_F1
- add module Gratrix.VCO_F2
- add module Gratrix.VCF_F1
- add module Gratrix.VCA_F1
- add module Gratrix.ADSR_F1
- add module Gratrix.Chord_G1
- add module Gratrix.Octave_G1
- add module Gratrix.Fade_G1
- add module Gratrix.Fade_G2
- add module Gratrix.Binary_G1
- add module Gratrix.Seq_G1
- add module Gratrix.Keys_G1
- add module Gratrix.VU_G1
- add module Gratrix.Blank_03
- add module Gratrix.Blank_06
- add module Gratrix.Blank_09
- add module Gratrix.Blank_12
- add module moDllz.MIDIPoly
- add module moDllz.TwinGlider
- add module moDllz.MIDIdualCV
- add module moDllz.XBender
- add module RJModules.Supersaw
- add module RJModules.TwinLFO
- add module RJModules.Noise
- add module RJModules.RangeLFO
- add module RJModules.BitCrush
- add module RJModules.Widener
- add module RJModules.FilterDelay
- add module RJModules.Sidechain
- add module RJModules.Stutter
- add module RJModules.Filter
- add module RJModules.Filters
- add module RJModules.Notch
- add module RJModules.Integers
- add module RJModules.Floats
- add module RJModules.Randoms
- add module RJModules.LRMixer
- add module RJModules.Mono
- add module RJModules.Volumes
- add module RJModules.Panner
- add module RJModules.Panners
- add module RJModules.BPM
- add module RJModules.Button
- add module RJModules.Buttons
- add module RJModules.Splitter
- add module RJModules.Splitters
- add module RJModules.Displays
- add module RJModules.Range
- add module SerialRacker.MidiMultiplexer
(441 modules now. oh my..)

veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-10Jul2018.7z

Wow. That's a lot of work man. Thanks for sharing it.

That's nothing compared to the (combined) effort that went into developing all these modules in the first place !

On a side note: If you are a module developer and want to see your new module included in this VST, please take a look at this add-on Template (and at plugin.hpp if you're curious about what those macros currently do).

If you develop your module that way, it will be possible to compile it for both VCV Rack and "VeeSeeVST Rack" (the RACK_PLUGIN_* macro implementations depend on the target environment so that the module code itself does not need to be changed).

Some (few) modules need to access global variables like "gRackWidget" or "gRackScene" and I'll add some additional macros for that in the next release.

bsp804 wrote:That's nothing compared to the (combined) effort that went into developing all these modules in the first place !

On a side note: If you are a module developer and want to see your new module included in this VST, please take a look at this add-on Template (and at plugin.hpp if you're curious about what those macros currently do).

If you develop your module that way, it will be possible to compile it for both VCV Rack and "VeeSeeVST Rack" (the RACK_PLUGIN_* macro implementations depend on the target environment so that the module code itself does not need to be changed).

Some (few) modules need to access global variables like "gRackWidget" or "gRackScene" and I'll add some additional macros for that in the next release.
Thanks!
We have to spread the word on the Rack developers community. May i post this link on the VCV Rack Facebook group?

Still loving playing with this version as a VST, so many possibilities now with VCV, it is great! Have a small further module request if possible (really appreciate all the extra modules added so far). I notice VeeSee doesn't yet have the mighty useful Stellare Modular 'Turing Machine' module. This is one of my goto's for melody creation, nothing else really like it in VCV (as far as I can tell!), would be an awesome addition to the ever growing list of modules we can now access. Also, I notice that the VultFree modules have Trummor 1 drum module but not Trummor 2 (don't know if that one isn't open source or something?). Anyway either or both of these modules would be really appreciated.

Also, does anyone have a success story with multiplying the incoming DAW clock (x2, x4) etc? It is easy to do if you use built in VCV clocks (as the option is there) but don't know if it is achievable with an external clock?

Also, how are people getting on with syncing to DAW clocks in VeeSee? I am find it tough going just getting a simple sequencer to reliably line up with the DAW bar count (have this trouble with standalone VCV via the Bridge also however). Didn't know if any had a solution (so far the best I can muster is a delay to the 'reset' of a sequencer fine tuned and connected to DAW 'start' signal but it is far from perfect). Tight sync with DAW would be the holy grail for me!

KennyG5000 wrote: Also, I notice that the VultFree modules have Trummor 1 drum module but not Trummor 2 (don't know if that one isn't open source or something?). Anyway either or both of these modules would be really appreciated.
I second the petition for adding the entire catalog of Vult Modules; they are unique and consider them almost an essential addition to VCV, especially the drum envelopes, which At least to my knowledge don’t exist elsewhere in VCV Rack.

lalo wrote:We have to spread the word on the Rack developers community. May i post this link on the VCV Rack Facebook group?
Feel free to do that, it's all open source.
KennyG5000 wrote:Still loving playing with this version as a VST, so many possibilities now with VCV, it is great!
Absolutely ! Thanks to the vast collection of 3rd party modules and the high update rate of the rack engine, this is a very capable soft-synth. Sure, you cannot use closed source modules (I bet there are some very cool ones) but it's definitely possible to coax some interesting sounds and sequences from the available modules.
KennyG5000 wrote:I notice VeeSee doesn't yet have the mighty useful Stellare Modular 'Turing Machine' module.
While there's a GitHub page for it with a source code download link, the archive(s) actually contain only a few image files.
KennyG5000 wrote:Also, I notice that the VultFree modules have Trummor 1 drum module but not Trummor 2 (don't know if that one isn't open source or something?). Anyway either or both of these modules would be really appreciated.
There's a module called "Trummor" in this plugin but for "Trummor 2" you would have to point me to the source code first (I guess it's not open source!).
KennyG5000 wrote:Also, does anyone have a success story with multiplying the incoming DAW clock (x2, x4) etc? It is easy to do if you use built in VCV clocks (as the option is there) but don't know if it is achievable with an external clock?
yes, you can do that with mscHack's "master clock" module.

Changelog:

** July 11th, 2018
- ErraticInstruments.MPEToCV: remove (excessive) debug output
- remove direct references to gRackScene, gRackWidget, gFocusedWidget, 
   gHoveredWidget, gDraggedWidget, gDragHoveredWidget from all plugins and
   replace them by RACK_PLUGIN_UI_* macro calls
- Valley.Dexter: remove duplicate wavetable set
- add module DrumKit.BD9
- add module DrumKit.Snare
- add module DrumKit.ClosedHH
- add module DrumKit.OpenHH
- add module DrumKit.DMX
- add module JW_Modules.Cat
- add module JW_Modules.BouncyBalls
- add module JW_Modules.FullScope
- add module JW_Modules.GridSeq
- add module JW_Modules.Quantizer
- add module JW_Modules.MinMax
- add module JW_Modules.NoteSeq
- add module JW_Modules.SimpleClock
- add module JW_Modules.ThingThing
- add module JW_Modules.WavHead
- add module JW_Modules.XYPad
- add module unless_modules.Piong
- add module unless_modules.Markov
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-11Jul2018.7z

In case anyone knows of any other interesting open-source modules, please point me to the source code and chances are high that I'll add them to this plugin !

i made a basic patch with Fundamental module Seq3,vco,vca,adsr,Audio(core) modules and connected gate out from Seq3 to adsr - i am getting sound.Instead of seq3 i tried Midi-1(core) to get midi from track,but i am not getting sound.(in Mulab free,Vsthost)can someone post a preset and instruction for a starter patch.
i am attaching screenshot of my try and preset.thanks.
Veesee_midi.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for getting back to me bsp804 (and thanks for the continuing updates to VeeSee). I checked the mscHack Master Clock, and while it does do multiples of the base tempo, it appears to only work from it's internal bpm (the chain facility appears to only accept a static tempo value from another Master Clock module). I was hoping for a way to multiply the external clock from the DAW (might just have to pump in some midi as a CV trigger for a faster DAW clock).

I have also reached out via email to Stellaremodular and Vult to enquire about the source code for the Turing Machine and Trummor 2 (they are that good it is worth a try I feel!). I will let you know if I get any joy there.

To kone2006 on the above post, on the MIDI-1 module you will need to click on 'no device' and change it to 'VST MIDI input' to receive the MIDI and that patch should work.

kone2006 wrote:i made a basic patch with Fundamental module Seq3,vco,vca,adsr,Audio(core) modules and connected gate out from Seq3 to adsr - i am getting sound.Instead of seq3 i tried Midi-1(core) to get midi from track,but i am not getting sound.(in Mulab free,Vsthost)can someone post a preset and instruction for a starter patch.
i am attaching screenshot of my try and preset.thanks.
Veesee_midi.zip
As you can see in your own picture, you forgot to pick a MIDI device in MIDI-1
I guess that explains the lack of external playing.

Then to get notes/pitch, besides Gate, you need to connect MIDI-1's CV out to the OSC's V/OCT in

PS: oh KennyG5000 also mentioned how to select the MIDI Device. Only saw after posting :)
Last edited by Koshdukai on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thanks a lot koshdukai it works well now.Also thanks to vcvrack creator and bsp804 - hard to believe the gift!

KennyG5000 wrote:I checked the mscHack Master Clock, and while it does do multiples of the base tempo, it appears to only work from it's internal bpm (the chain facility appears to only accept a static tempo value from another Master Clock module). I was hoping for a way to multiply the external clock from the DAW (might just have to pump in some midi as a CV trigger for a faster DAW clock).
You're right, it does not seem to work correctly with the DAW clock but there are also the "cf.Each" and "KoralFX.Beatovnik" modules.
"Each" can multiply the (DAW) clock x12, then you can divide it by 1..12.
"Beatovnik" can multiply or divide the clock by 2 or 4 (but I have no idea what the tempo button is for, it's not mentioned in the module docs)

Regarding the MIDI input selection issue: I wonder how many people thought that MIDI is not working just because of this (!)

The new version (see below) now pre-selects the "VST MIDI Input" device (there's only one choice anyway).

By the way: Even if you don't have an MPE controller, the "MPE to CV" module is still very useful since you it allows you to convert incoming pitchbend events to CV and lets you select the pitchbend range (in semitones).

Changelog:
First of all, I have some not-so-good news for you: The author of the Vult modules asked me to remove his modules (which I did).
Please don't complain to him or me about that. He removed the sources from GitHub long before I started this plugin (I got my copy of the BSD-3 licensed module sources - apparently a very early version of the modules - from a forked repository). Last but not least, the modules also required some non-open source, non-redistributable graphics files.

** July 12th, 2018
- fix: assign unique VST param base id when duplicating modules
- change: Core.MIDI*: pre-select default VST MIDI input device
- add module dBiz.dBizBlank
- add module dBiz.Multiple
- add module dBiz.Contorno
- add module dBiz.Chord
- add module dBiz.Utility
- add module dBiz.Transpose
- add module dBiz.Bene
- add module dBiz.Bene2
- add module dBiz.BenePads
- add module dBiz.SubMix
- add module dBiz.Remix
- add module dBiz.PerfMixer
- add module dBiz.VCA530
- add module dBiz.Verbo
- add module dBiz.DVCO
- add module dBiz.DAOSC
- add module Ohmer.KlokSpid
- add module Ohmer.RKD
- add module Ohmer.RKDBRK
- add module Ohmer.Metriks
- add module Ohmer.Splitter1x9
- add module Ohmer.BlankPanel1
- add module Ohmer.BlankPanel2
- add module Ohmer.BlankPanel4
- add module Ohmer.BlankPanel8
- add module Ohmer.BlankPanel16
- add module Ohmer.BlankPanel32
- remove module VultModules.Debriatus
- remove module VultModules.Lateralus
- remove module VultModules.Rescomb
- remove module VultModules.Splie
- remove module VultModules.Stabile
- remove module VultModules.Tangents
- remove module VultModules.Tohe
- remove module VultModules.Trummor
- skip module BOKONTEPByteBeatMachine.BokontepByteBeatMachine (unstable)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-12Jul2018.7z

bsp804 wrote: The new version (see below) now pre-selects the "VST MIDI Input" device (there's only one choice anyway).
Been tempted to suggest this for a while but didn't want to get in the way of the module conversions, so I'm glad to see this ("simple" and) useful improvement :)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”