Worst plugin customers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote:Well, sorry for being a dick but do you really think over-the-top fanboyish posts like this help anything?
Over the years based on posts made here, I've noticed the OTT "this company is the bestest and I will love them forever" posters often turn into the worst plugin customers when the relationship sours just a little. "WHY WON'T YOU MOVE THE LOGO 1 PIXEL TO THE LEFT! I USED TO THINK YOU WERE GREAT BUT YOU SUCK! NO-ONE SHOULD BUY YOUR STUFF, EVAH!"

This Germans bashing is WURST for me...
8)
8)
8)

("Das ist mir Wurst" means "I'don't care" in German)

martinjuenke wrote:("Das ist mir Wurst" means "I'don't care" in German)
It took a while to sink in. I started to read it as "that's my sausage" then twigged the "mir" – "It's all sausage to me"?

There is no real way to translate it, because it doesn't even really make sense in german, but yeah, I guess "It's all sausage to me" would be the closest you could get.

recursive one wrote:
nichttuntun wrote: Why? Because we are totally spoiled by a german company named U-He with extremely good and fast responding and a cool customers service-staff? Because of veeeery long termed maintainance including multiple free updates with major improvements AND new great features of their already excellent plugins?
Because their plugins just run with a serial having no further online validation or dongle hassle? Because they produce the upcoming ZEBRA3 although ZEBRA2 already is amazing and Z2 HZ-owners will get Z3 for free? Because their sensational REPRO5 was free for REPRO1 users? In other words they DO appreciate their long time faithful customers?
Well, sorry for being a dick but do you really think over-the-top fanboyish posts like this help anything?

I like some U-he plugins (not all of them though) and have quite a few of them, sure U-He makes good stuff and they treat their customers well, but I can't say they are very different to other good plugin companies such as Reveral Sound, Xfer, Parawave, Dmitry Sches and others who also make excellent plugins with equally good sound quality, support their customers and communicate with them in a constructive way, provide significant updates for free, etc. Probably they aren't involved into this forum as much as U-He, that's the only big difference I can think of.
Hi. I am not thinking you are a dick (I don´t think in such terms anyway) but I think man, you´re deep into that matter and take it real serious and I think you shouldn´t take it so serious. :hug:

In Hessen they say "is mer worschd" :D

Delta Sign wrote:There is no real way to translate it, because it doesn't even really make sense in german, but yeah, I guess "It's all sausage to me" would be the closest you could get.
Yes

nichttuntun wrote: but I think man, you´re deep into that matter and take it real serious and I think you shouldn´t take it so serious. :hug:
Not really serious, just curious why most of the posts like that are about U-He.

But well, actually it's all sausage to me, indeed :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Gamma-UT wrote:
recursive one wrote:Well, sorry for being a dick but do you really think over-the-top fanboyish posts like this help anything?
Over the years based on posts made here, I've noticed the OTT "this company is the bestest and I will love them forever" posters often turn into the worst plugin customers when the relationship sours just a little. "WHY WON'T YOU MOVE THE LOGO 1 PIXEL TO THE LEFT! I USED TO THINK YOU WERE GREAT BUT YOU SUCK! NO-ONE SHOULD BUY YOUR STUFF, EVAH!"
Hi.Yeah, psychologically comprehensible, like in all long lasting partner-relationships when there are (more or less "drastically") changes on one side. "Poor" and "pityful" partners on the other side :D
Of course you exaggerate a bit, whats funny and absolutely fitting in this anaway overall very funny conversations :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
No one should put too much energy into that matter when buying software. Such acts are always afflicted with risks. Thats all.

In the case of U-HE...
...they are on the market for ages and they grew with their customers and they appreciate each other...at least they give their custumers that exact feeling. Thats all it is. Of course this can change but I think such changes always are the results of evolutions based on many factors. And by the way...

...everything with dependent originations (everything) will change and finally pass off...simply plain everything that is. That´s a true fact life teaches itsself to everybody. So keep cool and don´t take things too serious. Trying to control things we can´t change is an invain and energy-sapping undertaking. To accept things like they are is key here. :hihi: :D

recursive one wrote:
nichttuntun wrote: but I think man, you´re deep into that matter and take it real serious and I think you shouldn´t take it so serious. :hug:
Not really serious, just curious why most of the posts like that are about U-He.

But well, actually it's all sausage to me, indeed :)
When someone says "it´s all sausage to me, indeed"...it really can´t be sausage to that person. If it really would be "sausage" it wouldn´t be mentioned at all :hihi:

And because nothing occurs without a reason and nothing pops out of the blue at once there could be the possibility that there are fundamental or valid reasons for mentioning U-HE in such a context. Did you consider that? :idea:

never mind, it was off-topic to begin with and too stupid to take seriously

For a nonsense thread this has become quite serious stuff...
Let‘s take this all as sausage!

Gamma-UT wrote:"It's all sausage to me"?
I swear, after this I can't help but to imagine the confused/blank "doesn't look like anything to me" line from Westworld as "it's all sausage to me."

:lol:

Whatever devs may think about some customers...

... still the "worst" customers are the not- buying-their-products-customers.

So devs should appreciate every single one who bought a plugin from them and should show that via adequate reactions if they like it or not.
In my experience some devs maybe talented programmers and therefore some kind of nerds in a positive way. But that doesn't consequentially mean they have experience in doing reasonable business too.
Due to the lack of some distance to the things, some of them sometimes can't handle honest and critical feedback and if that is so they become standing in their own way... and in result standing in the way of their customers needs. I guess it's relatively simple explainable. They maybe to involved with their products, as creators they may think that the plugins are a part of them and when such a thing is criticized they can't separate it from their own, the "me" "mine" and "I" imagination/ illusion.

We have to be patient with such kind of devs. They have to learn to improve on that aspects and grow into business service mechanisms. Such a process can take years for some and some maybe will never understand. but fortunately those described are only few.
I made very good experiences and with some I am even in an pro- active state of contact/ exchange. These are the ones it is really worth to invest in their business...if you like that expression. :hihi:

A general note to KVR.
There is so much emotional content here and often times without deep positions and when you ask those posters some targeting questions... The result in most cases is...no answers any more. I recognized that so often in KVR. Is there a reasonable explanation for such a behaviour? Are there some unspoken rules for such in some counties outside Germany? I don't know but I am a curious observer and I am generally interested in learning about such structures.

iLok users because they support evil licensing model.

Return to “Instruments”