PaulXStretch plugin (1.2.2, July 9th 2018)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
damstraversaz
KVRian
537 posts since 1 Mar, 2004 from france

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 am

great ! thanks a lot , that's will be very useful

martinjuenke
KVRAF
2361 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: PaulXStretch plugin (1.2.2, July 9th 2018)

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:54 am

I love it!

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

sinkmusic
KVRAF
6153 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:04 am

Thank you, Xenakios

SparkySpark
KVRian
1305 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Re: PaulXStretch plugin (1.2.1, June 1st 2018)

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:06 pm

damstraversaz wrote:this function could add a sort of "continuous dronar machine" to the plug, I tried with some various sounds ( voices, string quartet, marimba) with a buffer length of 2s and a stretch amount of 100 and the sound was incredible ( unfortunatly killed by the dry sound in the middle when you use the capture). The timbre of each instruments evolve to the next with an amazing subtlety that I never ear before with the time related tools I know.
Sounds super interesting. Could you perhaps upload a sample of what you (almost) achieved on Soundcloud or Youtube or so?
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

Touch The Universe
KVRAF
3358 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Also want to add more love to this thread... endlessly fascinating results. glad I discovered this one, a keeper :tu:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101, Hive, Electra 2, Diversion, Halion, Largo, Rapid, Dune II, and Spire.
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/

Autobot
KVRian
541 posts since 27 Mar, 2013

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:59 am

Everything works fine except the save of captured sound after recalling a project. The settings are saved but the audio file is gone. This this intended to be so or is this a bug?

Thank you very much

Win7 64-bit Ableton Live 10
I grew up on a junkyard, where I started to feed from hubcaps and bumpers

Xenakios
KVRian
1156 posts since 9 Sep, 2005 from Oulu, Finland

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Autobot wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:59 am
except the save of captured sound after recalling a project. The settings are saved but the audio file is gone. This this intended to be so or is this a bug?
If you import an existing audio file from disk, that will be recalled. (If it isn't, it's a bug and I'll look at fixing that.) However, for the live playback captured sound a recall mechanism doesn't yet exist.

It's bit of a pain to implement because both the 2 options possible for that (storing the captured audio in the plugin's state chunk or saving the captured audio as separate files on disk) have various downsides. :?

Autobot
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Xenakios wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm
Autobot wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:59 am
except the save of captured sound after recalling a project. The settings are saved but the audio file is gone. This this intended to be so or is this a bug?
If you import an existing audio file from disk, that will be recalled. (If it isn't, it's a bug and I'll look at fixing that.) However, for the live playback captured sound a recall mechanism doesn't yet exist.

It's bit of a pain to implement because both the 2 options possible for that (storing the captured audio in the plugin's state chunk or saving the captured audio as separate files on disk) have various downsides. :?
A workaround like store capture to disk with no linking is also difficult? Damn this is hard ... Nevertheless PaulXStretch is one of my top five plugins thanks

Autobot
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Another request ... Sorry ... Is it possible to sync the capture length to the host tempo and to stop after that? Eg 2 bars capturing then stopping ? This would be a workaround for me to keep recordings in sync and recall them Afterwards

Xenakios
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Autobot wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:47 pm
Another request ... Sorry ... Is it possible to sync the capture length to the host tempo and to stop after that? Eg 2 bars capturing then stopping ? This would be a workaround for me to keep recordings in sync and recall them Afterwards
I've been hesitant to add any features that deal with beat based musical syncing because the timing of the audio tends to be so laggy and unpredictable in the plugin...There's no obvious solution to those issues. The best sounding FFTs have to be large to huge in length and the calculations need to be done in a background thread. But I'll try to see if there's anything that could be done about those issues. (Maybe while it's just capturing the audio the timing can be made to work properly, though...)

I'd rather not look into this as a workaround for keeping the captured audio, though. I'll do something for that separately. Probably just write new files to disk while capturing...

Autobot
KVRian

Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 am

Thanks. BTW I consider to do a user manual for PaulXStretch. I know there where shortcuts mentioned but I never found one except Mod+LMB for placing the playhead ... Anyone a clue? Thx

Xenakios
KVRian

Post Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:20 am

Autobot wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 am
Thanks. BTW I consider to do a user manual for PaulXStretch. I know there where shortcuts mentioned but I never found one except Mod+LMB for placing the playhead ... Anyone a clue? Thx
The shortcut keys were implemented for the standalone application. (Which is no longer developed.) The plugin doesn't really have any except one or two mouse modifiers. It might be useful to add some into the plugin but that's not always doable without problems...(I have a very limited set of hosts to test with.)

Return to “Effects”