New Arturia keylab

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KeyLab MkII

SJ_Digriz wrote:
BMoore wrote:It's a hollow case with midi buttons.
And as a former owner of a small Arturia keyboard, the quality isn't great.
It's $200 less than the hollow case with MIDI buttons and flashing lights on the NI. What's your point?
What's the point of comparing it to NI?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
It's $200 less than the hollow case with MIDI buttons and flashing lights on the NI. What's your point?
Because one of the people in the thread has one and asked for a comparison.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
BMoore wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Because one of the people in the thread has one and asked for a comparison.
But as you probably know, that wasn't me.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Jim Y wrote:I don't see how it's designed for soft synth control.
The layout of your Keylab will match the controls you see in Analog Lab. (i.e. You tell Analog Lab what controller you have and it adjusts the GUI accordingly.)

BMoore wrote: But as you probably know, that wasn't me.
I didn't say it was. You asked why I compared. I simply asked why you thought it was overpriced. Your answer didn't make any sense as it describes every controller keyboard on the market. From cheap to expensive. If you don't like the keylabs, I'm ok with that. Although, the new ones are significantly better from many perspectives. Including the keybed, the knobs, the mod and pitch wheel and the customizability as an actual controller keyboard (i.e you can set split points and midi channel without being hooked to software). So it can actually be used as a stand alone midi controller.

But I'm not sure what exactly you are getting from the thread.

SJ, how are the mkii's built? My 88 is built like a tank, with actual wood and metal, and I'd love to see Arturia trickle some of that down to the mkii 49 and 61s.

Bandaide wrote:SJ, how are the mkii's built? My 88 is built like a tank, with actual wood and metal, and I'd love to see Arturia trickle some of that down to the mkii 49 and 61s.
I'm not sure how to answer that. I played an 88 briefly. Although the 61 is more substantial, it won't hold up to the heft of a weighted keyboard setup. So, IMO the 61 would likely hold up to gigging (but I have no data for that as I just got mine a few weeks ago and haven't gigged with it), I doubt it is on the same level as the 88s.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
BMoore wrote: But as you probably know, that wasn't me.
I didn't say it was. You asked why I compared. I simply asked why you thought it was overpriced. Your answer didn't make any sense as it describes every controller keyboard on the market. From cheap to expensive. If you don't like the keylabs, I'm ok with that. Although, the new ones are significantly better from many perspectives. Including the keybed, the knobs, the mod and pitch wheel and the customizability as an actual controller keyboard (i.e you can set split points and midi channel without being hooked to software). So it can actually be used as a stand alone midi controller.

But I'm not sure what exactly you are getting from the thread.
It's pretty simple. It's an expensive piece of midi keyboard that does nothing out of the usual. And knowing Arturia hardware, it's questionable quality.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”