Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote:All the best Rob ... 21 again? ;)
Aye I was 21... 27yr ago today Dave haha.. 48 today mate don't feel a day over 65 tho :lol: :lol: :lol:

rob_lee wrote:The Arturia arrived dead on my birthday
Well, I'm sure they'll send you a replacement :P

Happy birthday for the kid with all the toys :tu:

rob_lee wrote:The Arturia arrived dead on my birthday today so busy trying to get this stuff set up whilst intoxicated.. oh and the new Elektron stand came, all fixed together now to just midi it up :tu:

Looking good Rob. Been thinking about a Keystep to trigger my Abyss. i'll be interested in hearing what you think of it. I bought a perspex stand for my Elektrons. Made by a guy in France ... he does them in wood too. Black or natural finish.
tcc_elektron_web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
rob_lee wrote:The Arturia arrived dead on my birthday
Well, I'm sure they'll send you a replacement :P

Happy birthday for the kid with all the toys :tu:

I see what I wrote there :lol: :lol: :lol:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
rob_lee wrote:The Arturia arrived dead on my birthday today so busy trying to get this stuff set up whilst intoxicated.. oh and the new Elektron stand came, all fixed together now to just midi it up :tu:

Looking good Rob. Been thinking about a Keystep to trigger my Abyss. i'll be interested in hearing what you think of it. I bought a perspex stand for my Elektrons. Made by a guy in France ... he does them in wood too. Black or natural finish.
tcc_elektron_web.jpg
That stand looks cool Dave :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote:Been thinking about a Keystep to trigger my Abyss. i'll be interested in hearing what you think of it.
KeyStep is great. They may only be mini keys but they have just about the most expressive after-touch in the business. I find most AT is either on or off but with my KeyStep it's easy to modulate it quite finely.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Cool. Cheers BONES, I'm gonna order one shortly :)

I'm suffering split workspace disorder.

Downstairs - because it makes less noise down there - is my TrapKAT plus my music workstation.
Upstairs - because it's got my desk, chair and is generally more comfortable - I'm using my linux NUC as a web browser / desktop-lite PC.

At some point, the NUC reverts to its real job of being a server and I get a second music workstation, with the downstairs machine losing its second nature of "everything else" PC and just being there for work with the TrapKAT... For now, things are just about hanging together.

Downstairs looks like this:
(And yes, it all packs away behind the screen when not in use, too...)

I got my Keystep ... just what I needed to compliment the Abyss. It's bigger than I'd imagined.
tcc_abyss_keystep_web.jpg
Been getting into Wavetable ... the new Live 10 synth. I'm liking it a lot.
tcc_wavetable_web.jpg
My studio grot box ... mono no-brand combo for checking mixes.
tcc_grotbox_web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My PC free hardware studio. Sorry for the Ufo lights outside my window. Inhabitants are always so friggin busy on my planet. What you see are Fantom G6, Deepmind 6, JD-Xi, MC909, Toraiz AS-1, minilogue, Analog Keys, Bass Station 2 and Alesis sample pad. The thing under minilogue is a Behringer SNR2000 denoiser I have had for 20+ years. It is the hardware studio savior of my life. Cannot stand extensive noise and hum. A noise free environment was one benefit of my former software studio I really embraced. Thing behind Toraiz is a zoom G1on effect unit. Fantom G serves as both midi base and audio recorder.

Went fully hardware in 2015 but have really struggled to find the set up that fits me. Buying, testing, selling and it is not because I do not do my research – hear all demos, watch tubes and sometimes even reading a whole manual to assure myself. However, you can only get so close to really know, so a lot of money spend and some money wasted but that is how it goes. Bass Station 2 was not planned but one evening I tried to make every other synth resemble a bass sound idea that I could not get out of my head. None of them came closer than about 50% to this compulsive idea, so I became frustrated and bought BS2 per impulse same evening. It arrived 3 days later and hit the spot immediately after just a few minutes tweaking. I was like: “WTF? Where have you been all my life?” Toraiz As-1 was not planned either but suddenly appeared at our national second hand market for half its retail price. Could not turn that offer down. However, I really feel the ufo has landed with this set up. So far I have 8 drafts and no tunes finished but I am optimistic now and think I may have some for my cloud next spring. Sorry for going novelist about this but my studios always have tales of struggle to tell. Now it is off my chest. Thank you for your patience.

Two mixers, how do they work? (What goes into each?) Does it contribute much extra noise to be eliminated?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I got my Keystep ... just what I needed to compliment the Abyss. It's bigger than I'd imagined.

That's a beautiful thing. I've been well impressed with Dreadbox (especially NYX and Erebus V3) but have yet to invest.

BONES wrote:Two mixers, how do they work? (What goes into each?) Does it contribute much extra noise to be eliminated?
Hi Bones
It is simply because I lack inputs so they are just regularly chained. It is the MC909 (and Toraiz as-1 because I run this through MC909 to take advantage of MC’s effect section) and Alesis sample pad that go into the small one, which goes to the large one’s “two-track in” for chaining. So the signal is not processed further in the large one but just passes through. It does contribute to a little extra noise, unfortunately, however, since the whole deal passes through the denoiser before reaching Fantom G, I get a more than tolerable signal. I have seen in another thread that you know your way around noise in the good old manner (no surprise with your life long road experience), namely to fire up all synths at full volume to avoid raising any noise floor later in the chain. I make use of that too, naturally. Further, Fantom G has a very nice mastering suite, so I can polish the rest here.

Here is my setup Atm. :)

D-Fusion wrote:Here is my setup Atm. :)
The image is very dark. Is it a synth or controller as main keyboard? And which synth/controller?
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”