Fire your singers folks, Vocaloid 5 is here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BMoore wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hink wrote:
BMoore wrote:This sex doll is real to me, damn it!
late to the party here but this is at least the second time you've jumped in with nonsense to flame and troll, kindly stay out of this thread. (I'll delete any further nonsense and you know the rest)
He just called me an idiot in another thread. I am done with this asshole and will not take anymore shit from him.
Because you are. You blamed PayPal, and like a Vocaloid tune from you, it was just bs.
Why don't you go sit in a corner asshole and go f**k yourself?

Okay, I made a quick test of all my Vocaloid "artists" in V5. Each track is only 12 seconds and just a few bars.

Here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... oid-5-test

I used the "To The Stars" style for each Vocaloid so they all had the same processing.

This is what I discovered.

For some Vocaloids, the change in character to their voice (arguably an improvement over the original) made it so that I almost couldn't tell who that Vocaloid was. And outside of Amy and Chris (the new ones) I am intimately familiar with each of these Vocaloids, having done hundreds of songs. The good news is, none of them sounded worse, though the new sound (for me anyway) is going to take some getting used to.

For other Vocaloids I noticed no change at all. Their character still shown right through.

Amy and Chris are still my least favorite, though they don't sound as bad as first test.

In short, I don't hate V5 quite as much as when I first opened it up. But the jury is still out as to whether or not I use it exclusively. If Amy and Chris sounded really good, I'd use it for them if nothing else. But, IMO, the quality of their voices is not up to the other Vocaloids.

BMoore wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hink wrote:
late to the party here but this is at least the second time you've jumped in with nonsense to flame and troll, kindly stay out of this thread. (I'll delete any further nonsense and you know the rest)
He just called me an idiot in another thread. I am done with this asshole and will not take anymore shit from him.
Because you are. You blamed PayPal, and like a Vocaloid tune from you, it was just bs.
And before you come back at me dirt bag, you've already been warned by Hink in another thread to stop trolling. You called me an idiot without any provocation from myself. I didn't say one word to you. I will NOT be your f**king door mat. Do you understand me shit for brains? I've had one person tossed the hell out of this place and I can do the same with you.

Leave me the f**k alone! This is your LAST warning.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I made a quick test of all my Vocaloid "artists" in V5. Each track is only 12 seconds and just a few bars.
These are very interesting, thanks. Much more useful demos than the actual demos.
(re Blue from a few pages back: I've used Blue quite a bit and agree it's an Enya-esque background and you have to choose your words very carefully. Used in that context only it's pretty good imo)

As for V5: Would love to hear Cyberman an octave lower, or with some real breath or grit. The thing I never hear is any hint of aggression. Can Vocaloid ever sound mean?

thanks

Richard deHove wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, I made a quick test of all my Vocaloid "artists" in V5. Each track is only 12 seconds and just a few bars.
These are very interesting, thanks. Much more useful demos than the actual demos.
(re Blue from a few pages back: I've used Blue quite a bit and agree it's an Enya-esque background and you have to choose your words very carefully. Used in that context only it's pretty good imo)

As for V5: Would love to hear Cyberman an octave lower, or with some real breath or grit. The thing I never hear is any hint of aggression. Can Vocaloid ever sound mean?

thanks
There is a growl engine. The old one was horrible. I never used it. Maybe the new one is better. I haven't had a chance to test everything yet, obviously. But don't worry. More of these will come including any complete songs that I do once I become comfortable enough using it.

wagtunes wrote:
BMoore wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hink wrote:
And before you come back at me dirt bag, you've already been warned by Hink in another thread to stop trolling. You called me an idiot without any provocation from myself. I didn't say one word to you. I will NOT be your f**king door mat. Do you understand me shit for brains? I've had one person tossed the hell out of this place and I can do the same with you.

Er...

Unaspected wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
BMoore wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Hink wrote:

Er...

No, because the next time he opens his big mouth I'm reporting him to the mods (already made Hink aware of this thread) and that'll be the end of it. He thinks I'm bluffing.

I don't bluff.

This will be over one way or another very, very soon.

Richard deHove wrote:
I agree; hearing these comparable clips one after the other really drove home the different character of each Vocaloid (and, to my ears, how some seem intrinsically much better than others, at least to my tastes).

I agree with you that Amy and Chris both sound very weak, at least here. And this also confirmed for me my earlier sentiment that Ruby and Cyber Songman are the strongest, at least for what I’d want to accomplish.
Last edited by SirkusPi on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

wagtunes wrote:
Unaspected wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
BMoore wrote:
wagtunes wrote:He just called me an idiot in another thread. I am done with this asshole and will not take anymore shit from him.

Er...

No, because the next time he opens his big mouth I'm reporting him to the mods (already made Hink aware of this thread) and that'll be the end of it. He thinks I'm bluffing.

I don't bluff.

If he defends himself, you will report him.

It wasn't so much the argument as your move to supreme overlord. It's like a Marvel movie.

Unaspected wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Unaspected wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
BMoore wrote:
wagtunes wrote:He just called me an idiot in another thread. I am done with this asshole and will not take anymore shit from him.

Er...

I don't bluff.

If he defends himself, you will report him.

It wasn't so much the argument as your move to supreme overlord. It's like a Marvel movie.

It was him calling me an idiot unprovoked. I don't even remember the last time before today that I ever said two words to him.

It was uncalled for. THAT is what I'm reporting him for. Nothing else.

This is an embarrassing place to make such a scene. I just want to read about the new Vocaloid.

Wag are you using the Cubase 4.5 editor? My entry into Vocaloid was with the Version 4 Cubase Editor. The website doesn't give a lot of details but it sound like with the Cubase 4.5 editor you can access to the new voices but the pre built phrase libraries aren't present unlike their VST counterparts. Do you have any insight into the cubase 4.5 editor?

Your posted examples have been very helpful. Thanks for this.

Scotty wrote:Wag are you using the Cubase 4.5 editor? My entry into Vocaloid was with the Version 4 Cubase Editor. The website doesn't give a lot of details but it sound like with the Cubase 4.5 editor you can access to the new voices but the pre built phrase libraries aren't present unlike their VST counterparts. Do you have any insight into the cubase 4.5 editor?

I didn't download the 4.5 Editor. I didn't know what it was for. I figured it was just an updated V4. I mean if I'm going to use V5 I'm not going to use V4 too.

Where can I find detailed info on 4.5?

wagtunes wrote:
Scotty wrote:Wag are you using the Cubase 4.5 editor? My entry into Vocaloid was with the Version 4 Cubase Editor. The website doesn't give a lot of details but it sound like with the Cubase 4.5 editor you can access to the new voices but the pre built phrase libraries aren't present unlike their VST counterparts. Do you have any insight into the cubase 4.5 editor?

I didn't download the 4.5 Editor. I didn't know what it was for. I figured it was just an updated V4. I mean if I'm going to use V5 I'm not going to use V4 too.

Where can I find detailed info on 4.5?
From what I understand, its the exact same as VOCALOID4 for Cubase, but it can run V5 voicebanks as well. Essentially, it lets you use V5 voicebanks in V4 for Cubase. https://www.vocaloid.com/en/upgrade/ (about halfway down that page there's a little blurb about it.)
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Mp1w ... HHhixEqmJg
Follow me on Twitter! @Winter_drivE
Follow me on soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/winterdrive

Jumps into thread to find out more about vocaloid
Recoils in horror at the inevitable KVR shitfest
Why oh why
Nevermind.

Return to “Instruments”