QuadraFuzz 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What are your thoughts on this much anticipated update ?

Personally, I adored the original, it's simplicity, and harsh sound really appealed, it was rough as hell.

But this new version, seems to be toned down a lot and not as harsh sounding, unless i'm not understand it properly.

How do you guys feel about it ? Wish the original was bridgeable.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Same here. I used quadrafuzz 1 on everything and never use qf2. They should make v1 64bit, it was so easy and usefull.

Anyone tried to use it with jbridge?

Yeah, someone did:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109627

This is interesting post from that thread:
From facebool cubase user group:

CUBASE 9 DOESN'T SUPPORT 32bit VST's anymore???
HAHA!!! YES IT DOES!!! :D - just like 8.5, with a little trick!

As a big Cubase-fan I was very disappointed that they removed it's compatibility for 32bit-Vst's. After researching I got the following solution:

In the Cubase-program-folder you find the folder "components".
The TRICK is just to copy (and replace) the following 2 files from Cubase 8.5-components-folder to the one in Cubase 9:

"VstBridgeApp.exe"
"VstPlugManager.dll"

(please don't forget to backup the C9 components folder first)

After that let Cubase 9 rescan your PlugIns - maybe it helps to delete the blacklist-files in the Roaming-folder first.

With this little trick I'm using my Cubase 9 just the way I used 8 all the time, all the 32bit-PlugIns are now present in Cubase 9!
I don't know how it works with mac, I guess there should be a similar way to get it working there :-)

Have a nice day
This is the solution for old steinberg plugs that won't run in jbridge! At least for now.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:Anyone tried to use it with jbridge?

Yeah, someone did:

As a big Cubase-fan I was very disappointed that they removed it's compatibility for 32bit-Vst's. After researching I got the following solution:

The TRICK is just to copy (and replace) the following 2 files from Cubase 8.5-components-folder to the one in Cubase 9:

"VstBridgeApp.exe"
"VstPlugManager.dll"

After that let Cubase 9 rescan your PlugIns - maybe it helps to delete the blacklist-files in the Roaming-folder first.

With this little trick I'm using my Cubase 9 just the way I used 8 all the time, all the 32bit-PlugIns are now present in Cubase 9!
I don't know how it works with mac, I guess there should be a similar way to get it working there :-)

Have a nice day
This is the solution for old steinberg plugs that won't run in jbridge! At least for now.
Wow this was a strangled route lol Id not wanna risk this tbh. I ended up getting Trash2, and I own Ohmcide, sure I can find something that works, Qfuzz 2 surely can do something nasty,. just needs tweaking.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote:Wow this was a strangled route lol Id not wanna risk this tbh.
Not at all, Logic users do this every time when new AU validation tool go bonkers, backup existing one, it's not harder than installing new plugin manually, if it works, you got all old 32 bit plugins working, if not, just get back backup.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Wow this was a strangled route lol Id not wanna risk this tbh. I
I've been hacking LOTS of my hardware & software for years to keep it running. Just because something seems to have become incompatible doesn't mean you can't find a workaround. What do you do? Throw it out or just sell it for pennies of the dollar?
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote:What do you do?
Use Bitwig.

Zexila wrote:Anyone tried to use it with jbridge?

Yeah, someone did:

"VstBridgeApp.exe"
"VstPlugManager.dll"

Have a nice day
Can confirm that this works on Windows, on OS X unfortunately Quadrafuzz is PPC only, so it works on Snow Leopard max, but other Universal Binary/non-PPC 32 bit plugins do work.

:cry: :hihi: :arrow:

Return to “Effects”