Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote:
mickbenjamins wrote:I ended up starting a pedal board too. It feels like a similar money sink as going modular...
It does :) I'm trying to restrain myself and not duplicate too many effects between pedals, Euro and VST, but some pedals have a unique sound that appeals to me.

Right now I've got a Rat clone, an Earthquaker Afterneath and a Zoom MS-70CDR set up, and some of my older and less fun pedals in storage. I'd really like to add a Fairfield Shallow Water, Meris Mercury 7, Industrialectric RM-1N and a Gamechanger Plus, but probably not all of those are going to happen.
The Shallow Water is awesome, had me eyes on that, but couldn't justify the price. The Warped Vinyl + Generation Loss will probably cover most of the sounds the Shallow Water can do.

So instead I spent that money on the Neutron :help:

That's the way it goes -- the only reason to save money / avoid buying gear is to buy other gear :hihi:

ive never pre-ordered music gear before...so i apologize if this is a stupid question...

sweetwater says the neutron should be available "beginning this Fall".....but guitar center says "Available 07-20-2018"

sooooo.....does that mean gc is getting them first? or are they just trying to get me to order from them and then ill still have to wait till september/october to actually get it?
ImageImageImage

That is the downside of pre-ordering. There is no way to know.
Unless the product is at Behringer's local distribution warehouses, even they couldn't give you an accurate estimate for when the product will arrive in stores. If there are Neutron units in the US right now, then the July 20th date could be accurate. If they haven't shipped from the manufacturer yet, then Sweetwater's estimate is more likely.

Guitar center may have bought the whole first batch of units for the US. That is the only way I can think of that GC would get them before Sweetwater. It also depends on where you are in line, for the pre-order. Sweetwater may have sold out of their first shipment before you placed your order. So you would be waiting for the restock, before you get yours. If that is the case, you would likely run into the same deal with GC.

foosnark wrote:
mickbenjamins wrote:I ended up starting a pedal board too. It feels like a similar money sink as going modular...
It does :) I'm trying to restrain myself and not duplicate too many effects between pedals, Euro and VST, but some pedals have a unique sound that appeals to me.

Right now I've got a Rat clone, an Earthquaker Afterneath and a Zoom MS-70CDR set up, and some of my older and less fun pedals in storage. I'd really like to add a Fairfield Shallow Water, Meris Mercury 7, Industrialectric RM-1N and a Gamechanger Plus, but probably not all of those are going to happen.

i want to add the afterneath and the reverb from meris, that thing is immense! also that gamechanger plus pedal, even if that didn't sound cool, just the design of it is worth getting hold of :hihi:
just waiting on my klein bottle for now, although the red panda tensor and particle are both calling my name too.
not to mention another mantis worth of modules...

never ends :o

chaosWyrM wrote:ive never pre-ordered music gear before...so i apologize if this is a stupid question...

sweetwater says the neutron should be available "beginning this Fall".....but guitar center says "Available 07-20-2018"

sooooo.....does that mean gc is getting them first? or are they just trying to get me to order from them and then ill still have to wait till september/october to actually get it?
I pre-ordered on March 2nd from Sweetwater.
Folks in Europe have been receiving theirs to the point that some have "extras" and retailers are selling to people that didn't pre-order.
Still no "official" word in the U.S. tho.
Just last week it was reported in the GearSlutz thread on this (which is, incidentally, MUCH MUCH more active and informative than here) that Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, and Music123 had all put up shipping dates in July. The latter two said July 23rd, and MF said July 13.
Sweetwater still just said "sometime this fall" so I called. They said they'd heard nothing about shipments coming in and didn't know why MF, etc.. was saying that. OTOH, he also didn't know Europeans had been receiving theirs for like six weeks now and that Neutrons ARE in full production.
I also called Musican's Friend, and dude confirmed that they were expecting delivery.
Within a few days, MF changed their date to like 10 days later aligned with GC and Music123.
So who the hell knows what's going on. LOL
I just knows it's a little frustrating seeing and hearing all these euro-folk getting and playing with theirs. Oh well. I knew when I ordered that I very well might not see it til fall, considering has/is happening with the D. ;)

Also, as some folks don't like the panel, be aware that there are a few people designing with plans to sell custom panels. With the direct support of Uli Behringer providing the official software templates to them.
Some VERY cool design, tho I personally like how it looks and will keep it as is.

I hope it's not verboten to post to other forums. I don't see why it would be. :D
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... wcase.html

For instance:

Oh man, those are dope! I might be interested if it comes true. :tu:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

so i just called guitar center...he said they didnt get them yet and are now looking at the 27th as the new date. but...considering that that is exactly 1 week later than the date on the website....ill wait and call them again next week.....see if they give me the same spiel and push it back another week again.
ImageImageImage

Sweetwater had been telling me end of July, but when I spoke to them yesterday, they’re now saying October! :(
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

guitar center website now says available 09-14-2018.

:roll:
ImageImageImage

hhhmmm......

so ive been checking the gc website every day since 9-14. i even called them on 9-14 to ask...and was told that the shipment was arriving later that very day. but later that day the available date was pushed back to the 15th...and was pushed back a day every day until today....which now reads it will be available on 11-3.

the only difference is that while you can order it as before....the "pre-order" wording has been removed. now its just a normal add to cart thing.

so what happened? did they never really make it available for purchase regularly? was the entire stock used to fulfill pre-orders? or did they never actually get them and the entire release is pushed back?

im fine with missing the first batch if thats what happened...ill never EVER buy anything on pre-order. if i have to wait for normal stock ill do that....just curious as to what happened.
ImageImageImage

A friend pre-ordered one back in July. He just cancelled as there's still no sign of it ...

yeah.

i checked around other sites....sweetwater, zzounds, a couple others. all of them now say late october. range of dates was anywhere from 10-19 to 11-3.

merp derp. this is why i dont pre-order anything. and for the record....thats 3 times the sales people at guitar center lied to me about the shipment. that last one being the worst as she told me that they were already in the process of getting it that day. she made it sound like they had actually received them, but were just processing the shipment before releasing them.
ImageImageImage

I've heard that some UK suppliers are pre-charging for pre-orders without actually having them in stock, or any firm idea about when they'll deliver (if at all).

thecontrolcentre wrote:I've heard that some UK suppliers are pre-charging for pre-orders without actually having them in stock, or any firm idea about when they'll deliver (if at all).
that's a bit shitty. but it's not behringer, but ultimately they'll get the bad press for delays.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”