Fire your singers folks, Vocaloid 5 is here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:Well, I'm trying to do my first complete Vocaloid 5 track but I just can't. This thing is so buggy it's inexcusable. I have my first note at measure 54. It's sounding at measure 49. I'm looking. There's nothing there, but it's registering a note.

I'm done with V5 until they fix it.
I thought it was singers who were supposed to be temperamental and unreliable. Obviously the AI is a bit too realistic....

donkey tugger wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Well, I'm trying to do my first complete Vocaloid 5 track but I just can't. This thing is so buggy it's inexcusable. I have my first note at measure 54. It's sounding at measure 49. I'm looking. There's nothing there, but it's registering a note.

I'm done with V5 until they fix it.
I thought it was singers who were supposed to be temperamental and unreliable. Obviously the AI is a bit too realistic....
The AI is bugged. Period.

I contacted Yamaha to see if I can get a refund.

I'm not holding my breath.

heh I was wondering why Studio One was only seeing Vocaloid5 as Rewire. The VST dll installed into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2. Why didnt' the installer tell me?

Loaded up an old file and it started singing out of time and glitchhing phrases. Then I saw every time it hit a tempo change in the DAW it began rerendering the vocal. Turns out it was it was on me, I dn't read the manual. "Synchronize with the global tempo of DAW by disablign the tempo track. Use this if the tempo DOES NOT CHANGE IN A SONG."

If a song has variable tempo, you have to import a MIDI file with tempo information or manually pencil changes in VOCALOID5 tempo ruler. Anyway all good to go now. Having the voice singing along to realtime orchestration is so much more inspiring.

Pelicanomicon wrote:heh I was wondering why Studio One was only seeing Vocaloid5 as Rewire. The VST dll installed into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2. Why didnt' the installer tell me?

Loaded up an old file and it started singing out of time and glitchhing phrases. Then I saw every time it hit a tempo change in the DAW it began rerendering the vocal. Turns out it was it was on me, I dn't read the manual. "Synchronize with the global tempo of DAW by disablign the tempo track. Use this if the tempo DOES NOT CHANGE IN A SONG."

If a song has variable tempo, you have to import a MIDI file with tempo information or manually pencil changes in VOCALOID5 tempo ruler. Anyway all good to go now. Having the voice singing along to realtime orchestration is so much more inspiring.
That probably explains why my track was singing out of time.

I've listened to every example in this thread and they all sound like some weird Anime vocals. I can't for the life of me believe that even a "bad" real singer with correction by Melodyne isn't better than this. Seriously.

rezoneight wrote:I've listened to every example in this thread and they all sound like some weird Anime vocals. I can't for the life of me believe that even a "bad" real singer with correction by Melodyne isn't better than this. Seriously.
Then you haven't heard me sing of late.

Anyway, it's moot. I refuse to sing and I refuse to hire singers. So this is my option. I'm content with it. Those that don't like it, nothing to see here.

I listened to the example you posted of yourself singing with Vocaloid as the backing singer. It sounded better than Vocaloid on its own by a long shot. Suit yourself but I don't think you're doing yourself any favors by refusing to do your own vocals and correcting them.

rezoneight wrote:I listened to the example you posted of yourself singing with Vocaloid as the backing singer. It sounded better than Vocaloid on its own by a long shot. Suit yourself but I don't think you're doing yourself any favors by refusing to do your own vocals and correcting them.
Doesn't matter what you think. I hate singing. I'm not singing anymore. Case closed.

wagtunes wrote:
Pelicanomicon wrote:heh I was wondering why Studio One was only seeing Vocaloid5 as Rewire. The VST dll installed into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2. Why didnt' the installer tell me?

Did it fix your problems with the V5? Curious about getting this some day, but it depends on how it goes for you.

BTW have anybody here tried Tonio from Zero-G? He seems to have a different tone that I kind of like. But it seems he is only for Vocaloid2 or will that load with the latest version?

https://zero-g.co.uk/products/tonio-vocaloid-2

GearNostalgia wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Did it fix your problems with the V5? Curious about getting this some day, but it depends on how it goes for you.
I haven't gone back to it yet. The workflow is still a nightmare having to bounce back and forth between the DAW and the editor just to set where you want to play back from.

After I finish my current project and then upgrade my PC again (because this orchestral streaming stuff is a CPU killer) then I'll go back to it and see if I can tolerate working with it.

I'm not holding my breath on this one.

GearNostalgia wrote:BTW have anybody here tried Tonio from Zero-G? He seems to have a different tone that I kind of like. But it seems he is only for Vocaloid2 or will that load with the latest version?

Only V3 and V4 banks will load into V5.

wagtunes wrote:
GearNostalgia wrote:BTW have anybody here tried Tonio from Zero-G? He seems to have a different tone that I kind of like. But it seems he is only for Vocaloid2 or will that load with the latest version?

Too bad, hope there will be more new voices now with V5.
Last edited by GearNostalgia on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GearNostalgia wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Too bad, hope there will be nore news voices now with V5.
As long as they're better than Amy and Chris. Of course it's hard to get worse.

Return to “Instruments”