Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuance

We are pleased to announce that Nuance V2 is now officially available:

Nuance V2 Overview
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

OK I'm in. I held on to Shortcircuit about as long as a man could, but Nuance wins. Easy to dive right in, and most everything can be learned through experience. Scrolling through presets shows the range of power behind the simple interface. Great work mate. I have a request, which I couldn't find on your site's request list: to be able to speed zoom using, say, ctrl + mousewheel, on the waveform display. I see that I can use the zoom bar below the waveform for quick zooming but it jumps around when zooming in all the way. It's no dealbreaker if you can't/won't though.
Thanks for the work sir and good day---

-- looks stylish to me
-- what .nu libraries are included?
-- but what .nu libraries are available?
-- how does it beat other (cheaper) samplers?
-- email for a demo? :(
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

i use nuance all the time (rarely the exs24 in logic); so it's great to see these new features, options. am excited to dive in...

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: have a request, which I couldn't find on your site's request list: to be able to speed zoom using, say, ctrl + mousewheel, on the waveform display.
Not sure if its what you are looking for, but if you right-click (cmd-click) on the zoom bar, it will quickly toggle between last-zoomed-in state and full-zoomed-out state.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Yep, I saw that. Very neat. I have more of a problem using the bar to zoom in. The bar is fast but the closer I zoom in, the waveform view veers away from where I want it. I figure using a mod + mousewheel for a fast zoom would be more accurate. Either way I'm getting along nicely!

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Yep, I saw that. Very neat. I have more of a problem using the bar to zoom in. The bar is fast but the closer I zoom in, the waveform view veers away from where I want it. I figure using a mod + mousewheel for a fast zoom would be more accurate. Either way I'm getting along nicely!
Ok, if you press Shift + drag on the zoombar it will lock the X position.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Alright, thanks man! Two more questions, 1.Is there a way to place start/end markers besides dragging the existing ones? When I am zoomed in I have to zoom back out to grab the markers. 2. When zoomed in is there a way to scroll left and right proper? The zoom bar is fidgety about it.
Ok enough badgering, thanks for a fine bit o kit here-

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Alright, thanks man! Two more questions, 1.Is there a way to place start/end markers besides dragging the existing ones?
Currently no, aside for the Reset trim option. I suppose in future we could consider a 'Set left marker here', 'Set right marker here' type options on the context menu...
Jonathan Shepherd wrote:2. When zoomed in is there a way to scroll left and right proper? The zoom bar is fidgety about it.
Ok enough badgering, thanks for a fine bit o kit here-
As you can lock the X axis with Shift, you can lock the Y axis with left Alt key. So if you scroll with Alt it will not affect the zoom level.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Works like a beaut, thank you---

Does it have real pitch shifting or time warping like Halion or Mach 5?
That would make it a deal for me really.

The one time I tried to use Nuance for a specific task I couldn't figure it out. After many hours clicking about and some emails to and from support I eventually gave up and have never used it since.

As someone else suggested get some manuals and videos up. As it is I will not be upgrading this as I never use it.

I mean if people have to come on to a third-party forum and find out whether to alt-click or shift-click that's kind of ridiculous.

Still like Granite though.

So lets find out. I write to the developer.

Some questions:
DarkStar wrote:-- what .nu libraries are included?
-- but what .nu libraries are available?
-- how does it beat other (cheaper) samplers?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

classic wrote:Does it have real pitch shifting or time warping like Halion or Mach 5?
That would make it a deal for me really.
Nope.

Return to “Instruments”