Worst plugin customers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote:All Mac users. Whinge, whinge, whinge.
I think of Apple users, everytime I see a purple bricks advert.

"You mean I could have had the same high spec PC without the massive price hike for the name?"

Back to plot. People who see a bargain but since they refuse to use iLok, post a moaning message, the world does not need to know about your choice to limit yourself with what software you can or cannot buy.

rollasoc wrote:
I think of Apple users, everytime I see a purple bricks advert.

"You mean I could have had the same high spec PC without the massive price hike for the name?"
APPLE just gives you spiritual shivers when you touch the sacred machines created by the GREAT STEVE because a certain holiness sinks into your burdened mind and frees it up to transcendental creativity.
:D :D :D

I‘m a dedicated Mac and Logic and iPhone and iPab and HomePod user / follower :hyper:

We love jbarish here. Probably not even a customer but he is such fun. And so wise! :D :hug:

My vote would go for the customers of "this plugin". They were so bad that the developer told me he has never even bothered to show up on KvR.

In fact so bad he has fled the country to live in a communal yurt in Mongolia and now herds goats while shedding bitter tears in to his yak butter tea.

YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

:lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

quintosardo wrote:We love jbarish here. Probably not even a customer but he is such fun. And so wise! :D :hug:
Please dont, there is no sense in dragging arguments from one thread to the next.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Probably those that sell their licenses on KVR :hihi:

Maybe all of us???

fairplay wrote:iLok users because they support evil licensing model.
Gets my vote.

Yet I'm one of 'em. But not proud of myself...

Sample libraries are not plugins, right?

GAS junkies. Buy, sell, buy, sell, buy, sell.. Sigh.. All those license transfer requests are annoying as f**k, so make up your damn minds!
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I never have sold one single plugin.

But I am thinking about it because it´s getting much clearer what I really will use permanently in my setup on the long run.

But I have no clue where one can do that and how and every company has other rules ;(

Nielzie wrote:GAS junkies. Buy, sell, buy, sell, buy, sell.. Sigh.. All those license transfer requests are annoying as f**k, so make up your damn minds!
I generally agree, even though i sold quite a few plugins here, just because i can. :)

I'd also agree that companies should have transparent policies in that regard, though. If i'd be a developer, i'd offer unlimited resales, with the restriction that you'd have to own the plugin for half a year. I can't see how that would create much work, and the customers wouldn't hate on you as well. Doesn't seem to be a big deal to have a customer base, and overview over the license holders as well.

chk071 wrote:
Nielzie wrote:GAS junkies. Buy, sell, buy, sell, buy, sell.. Sigh.. All those license transfer requests are annoying as f**k, so make up your damn minds!
I generally agree, even though i sold quite a few plugins here, just because i can. :)

I'd also agree that companies should have transparent policies in that regard, though. If i'd be a developer, i'd offer unlimited resales, with the restriction that you'd have to own the plugin for half a year. I can't see how that would create much work, and the customers wouldn't hate on you as well. Doesn't seem to be a big deal to have a customer base, and overview over the license holders as well.
Yes, or a large transfer fee so that that more money keeps coming in against the time/money it takes to transfer the license. In that case they probably would be glad with many license transfer requests.

Take for instance Plugin Alliance. I guess they make good money that way.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
chk071 wrote:

Yes, or a large transfer fee so that that more money keeps coming in against the time/money it takes to transfer the license. In that case they probably would be glad with many license transfer requests.

Take for instance Plugin Alliance. I guess they make good money that way.
From my point of view the tranfer fees are the main revenue stream for PA. Look at Sell&Buy thread how often their products are traded...
Less questionable system to generate a constant income than eg Waves WUP.

Return to “Instruments”