Sitala drum sampler going into alpha, looking for feedback!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the AU's out (just got an email); downloaded, will check it out in logic X! yay! something to keep me from working on my work... :D

Hi folks --

Based on the feedback here and a couple other places, we've got a new alpha out now. There were still a number of features that got bumped to the next release, but here's the basic rundown of the changes:
  • Audio Unit now available
  • Pads can now simultaneously trigger or choke other pads
  • Pads are now renamable
  • Right click to enter numerical value on four big control knobs
  • Velocity is applied before compression
  • More natural compression thresholds
  • Arrow keys to switch between pads in the standalone
We wanted to get a release out the door even if it didn't have everything we were shooting for.

We're pretty sure we fixed the thing where the installer was conflicting with previously installed software. We also started futzing around with having a completely self-contained .exe that didn't have to be installed, but ended up bumping that until the next version.

In the next release or two we're hoping to have these things pulled in:
  • Multichannel output (either one per pad or 4 or 8 busses, we're still not sure)
  • "Dirt" knob (probably replacing "volume" with where it fits in the UI)
  • MIDI mapping (and general MIDI mode)
  • Pan control
We're shooting for the next alpha 2-3 weeks out with some more goodies. :-)

All The Things are available at the download page.

for what it is, it's very cool... will def get some use out it. and appreciate it's simplicity!

I just tried out the AU version and I love it!
I'm using Logic 10.4.1 in OS 10.13.4 and in my brief test everything seemed to work fine (I didn't even have to restart after installation, which is an annoying new occurrence with AUs in High Sierra).

I do however have one big suggestion/request.
When loading samples it would be really nice if you could hear the sample before actually loading it. For example, the way it is now when you navigate to your sample folder and click on a sample, you don't hear anything when you play a note until after you click the button to load the sample. At that point your file browser is closed so if you picked the wrong sample, you have to start the process over. With most other samplers when you browse samples, you can actually hear them and play them before you finally load them and the browser window closes. I hope what I am saying makes sense.

Anyway as I said. I love it. I love the simplicity. You can actually get quite a range of sounds out those 4 knobs.
Thanks for a great tool!

also working well here in LXP 10.4.1 on os 10.13.5 (beta 5). how do i turn on choke for the pads (ie high hat & open high hat)?

fisherKing wrote:how do i turn on choke for the pads (ie high hat & open high hat)?
When you right click on the pads there are "trigger" and "kill" options where you can choose other pads for such.

Local Man wrote:When loading samples it would be really nice if you could hear the sample before actually loading it. For example, the way it is now when you navigate to your sample folder and click on a sample, you don't hear anything when you play a note until after you click the button to load the sample. At that point your file browser is closed so if you picked the wrong sample, you have to start the process over. With most other samplers when you browse samples, you can actually hear them and play them before you finally load them and the browser window closes. I hope what I am saying makes sense.
Thanks for a great tool!
Thanks. Yes that makes total sense. I'll that to our list.

Nice update, thanks! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

scotchi wrote:
fisherKing wrote:how do i turn on choke for the pads (ie high hat & open high hat)?
When you right click on the pads there are "trigger" and "kill" options where you can choose other pads for such.
d'oh! :dog:

:D thx , just what i need ! :tu:

luzifer wrote:Haha! Looking at your signature i think i understand now too :)
:hihi: also thanks for the update. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Any more news on this?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Yep, we're hoping to do the final build for the next release on Monday, and then will spend a few days doing QA to hopefully get a release out towards the end of next week.

This cycle's taken a bit longer (and in fact, significantly longer than we planned) since the new features were a bit more involved. Specifically, the next release will have the two things that have been the most requested features thus far:
  • Multiple outputs
  • Assignable MIDI mappings (plus General MIDI support)
There are a lot of other smaller features and bug fixes, but those are the two biggies.  Like I said, we're hoping to have that out Friday-ish next week.

scotchi wrote:Yep, we're hoping to do the final build for the next release on Monday, and then will spend a few days doing QA to hopefully get a release out towards the end of next week.

This cycle's taken a bit longer (and in fact, significantly longer than we planned) since the new features were a bit more involved. Specifically, the next release will have the two things that have been the most requested features thus far:
  • Multiple outputs
  • Assignable MIDI mappings (plus General MIDI support)
There are a lot of other smaller features and bug fixes, but those are the two biggies.  Like I said, we're hoping to have that out Friday-ish next week.
Awesome! :tu:

I just read news about an update of Sitala and landed to this thread.

So, First of all, It's very "Cool" name of the plugin. In India, "Shital" (which sometimes pronounced by non-native Hindi speakers as "Sitala") means "Cold" or "Cool". The plugin justifies its name.

Thanks, Developers.

And yes, don't forget this thread.... :wink: :tu:

I have not yet tried it. But, I wanted a simple drum sampler and I think it will fit.

Is it possible to have velocity sensitivity with only one sample? If this is available, great!

Just a small suggestion for improvement and future improvements (keeping it simple as it is, yet capable):

Have a look at FL Studio's Sampler Channel here:
https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... ampler.htm

It has some cool features. You may choose which to add and which onea to leave. I really like its "POGO" (Pitch Bending) feature for drum samples. You should try or have a look at some YouTube video demonstrating this feature.

Best of luck. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”