Quanta - A new granular synth from Audio Damage (Now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quanta 2

Hello,

I tried Quanta. The creative capabilties are quite nice, and the UI is smoothly done. I will certainly get it. One question: considering the quality of this product, it could be tempting to try other plugins by AD - are there any demoes of their other products ?

Cheers.

Nope. This is the first Audio Damage plugin with a demo.
To quote Chris:
The one other real departure from our normal modus operandi is that we have decided to add a demo version. We have gotten on fine over the years not having demos, and frankly, any lost sales were more than made up for by the fact that demos are a pain in the ass to make and support. But since we spent so much time on this (about three times as long as a normal product) it necessarily has to cost a bit more than our normal run, and we can't, in good conscience, ask you guys to buy something that expensive on blind faith.

Delta Sign wrote:Nope. This is the first Audio Damage plugin with a demo.
It's a bit too bad in my case. Altough 'my case' only has no impact on sales.

I must try before buying since I run Linux. Just yesterday following a discussion on Quanta I tried The Mangle. Runs fine, great. Then I tried Tangle, a FM synth, from the same author, crashes steadily. Will get the first, not the second.

Quanta runs fine. What tells me any other plugin by Chris will also run fine ? After all, this is a no-reimbursement business, as with all plugins, if I'm correct.

I was not aware that having a demo is so much trouble.

Cheers.

Seems like Audio Damage offers some kind of money-back guarantee:

(from their support page)

Q: Do you make demo versions of your plugins?
A: No, we do not. We offer a no-questions-asked money back guarantee instead. You can ask for a refund for 30 days after your purchase, and you can ask for a single exchange of like or lesser value up to 60 days after your purchase.

This looks cool, and i’m a big fan of AD, but, i’m saving my pennys for Crusher X.
I have the Mangle and Reaktor, (and Omnisphere.)

Mevla: AD hasa refund system for their other items.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Thanks ! Neat to know (about the refund policy).

Cheers.

Has anybody found a way to adjust the root note of the sample?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Unfortunately I’m gonna have to return this one. It’s a bit too buggy and crashy not matter how I use it. Might check it out later after it’s been updated..............

I finally had a chance to give it a run through. I love the sound and concept. MPE support is a double bonus... but I'm getting quite a lot of pops and clicks and it doesn't seem to be related to how much CPU it's eating. I'll wait on this for now, but hopefully there will be an update that fixes things.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Well my impression is the same. Really nice plugin but too expensive. Too unrefined. Having the Modulation on different tab is so stupid. Sorry.
It doesnt do anything better than others. Next one plz.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The only real upside here was the MPE. Unfortunately it’s not a very stable product at the moment. I returned it after the third song I lost to a crash. It works quite well as a fun subtractive synth.

Any updates on the release of the iOS version...?

In plogue bidule 64bit quanta's GUI (using the vst2 version) sometimes stops responding for a moment or closes by itself. Other than that I like it so far.
Last edited by fabi on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themagicalkamja wrote:Any updates on the release of the iOS version...?
It´s there.... :D €7.99

It's really "fiddly" to put in the modulations. Tedious, unfortunately.

Return to “Instruments”