Most undiscussed vst synths

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pyer wrote:fathom synth... cost noting, does everything
Never heard of Fathom before. Wasn't expecting a lot, but this is actually super impressive looking.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nobody ever talks about FabFilter One and that's a great little synth ...

I've been demoing a lot of Image Line Sytrus and Harmor, and they are exceptional. I'm assuming people are either intimidated by the depth of those plugins, or they are still prejudiced against Image Line/FL Studio as toys/non-professional or some such BS and simply haven't explored them.

I was gonna say, most of the FL synths are really underrated, but they are pretty good tools.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Harmor is wildly underrated. I think people see the GUI and run a mile. The depth and flexibility of Harmor is just off the charts though. Once you start right-clicking on elements, you begin to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes. It's truly humbling.

Strobe 2 is another. It's a fairly straightforward looking synth on the surface and you perhaps think "just how powerful can a one-osc VA be?" The answer is remarkably so. FXpansion's modulation system is the most extraordinary out there. Even unison voice number is exposed as a modulation source, so you can pull off insane feats like every voice in a unison stack having its own oscillator sync (or any other) value. Harmor also exposes unison voice number as a modulator, by-the-by.

Drumatic 4 is a great little drum synth that doesn't seem to get enough love. Very easy to program yet timbrally diverse.

Lastly, everything Xoxos makes. There are too many one-of-a-kinds in his catalogue that offer timbral possibilities you won't find anywhere else to even begin listing them.

Winstontaneous wrote:The most undiscusssed vst synths are:
, and
You forgot one.....

fluffy_little_something wrote:ToguAudioLine: 168 posts in 11 years :hihi:
Every full moon a post :tu:

djanthonyw wrote:This plugin.
+1 :D

Cinebient wrote:Dagger
Wasn‘t that the synth Dirk Diggler cumed in the 80s? 8)

Nielzie wrote:Most discussed synth would also be interesting to know. Sylenth1? Zebra? Massive? Serum?

Any ideas?
Omnisphere?

cron wrote: Strobe 2 is another. It's a fairly straightforward looking synth on the surface and you perhaps think "just how powerful can a one-osc VA be?" The answer is remarkably so. FXpansion's modulation system is the most extraordinary out there. Even unison voice number is exposed as a modulation source, so you can pull off insane feats like every voice in a unison stack having its own oscillator sync (or any other) value. Harmor also exposes unison voice number as a modulator, by-the-by.
Combine Strobe2 with a Roli Seaboard and you‘re blown away and will never again think about something else... :party:

QuikQuak Glass Viper. Could do with a GUI remodel though, at least for the knobs/buttons... and maybe an update...
Also like 2nd Sense Audio Wiggle (similar visual waveform point modulation using LFOs; especially after they released an update that somehow made the sound better, the original version didn't sound good)

martinjuenke wrote:
cron wrote: Strobe 2 is another. It's a fairly straightforward looking synth on the surface and you perhaps think "just how powerful can a one-osc VA be?" The answer is remarkably so. FXpansion's modulation system is the most extraordinary out there. Even unison voice number is exposed as a modulation source, so you can pull off insane feats like every voice in a unison stack having its own oscillator sync (or any other) value. Harmor also exposes unison voice number as a modulator, by-the-by.
Combine Strobe2 with a Roli Seaboard and you‘re blown away and will never again think about something else... :party:
Agreed on all counts. Although Cypher 2 has the real edge here...
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Easy choices for me

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/
ZynAddSubFX. Not obscure by any means, and it's been around since forever, but this synth gets about 1/10th of the love it deserves. Insanely powerful and padsynth alone would make for one of the best synths ever. Only reason it's not talked about in the same vein as zebra and absynth is it's gui has been pretty clunky for most of it's life, and the new version with a great gui is a bit on the buggy side. Give it a couple more updates tho and it'll be a must have (and I highly recommend you donate in the meantime).

https://www.tracktion.com/products/waverazor
Waverazor. Jesus christ waverazor. It's engine only became fully usable this year with the 2.0 update, but this is one of the most innovative synths I've seen period. I imagine it will only be a matter of time before entire genres of electronic music are based around this thing.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”