IK MUltimedia UNO Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UNO Synth

Ok thanks for the information. I should be getting mine tomorrow morning.

Do you know if the usb midi is transmitting the sequencer data... (both note on and off and any of the step parameters as CCs perhaps?)

SLiC wrote:It doesn't ship with midi implementation or details instructions (just a tiny overview sheet), it says it can all be downloaded from the IK site along with the editing app....I suspect they have shipped before this other stuff is ready, and as I sit here playing with my ne UNO I am not complaining :D

I am not currently seeing any midi out data from the UNO over USB, MIDI in no issue (pitch and mod work)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Scotty wrote:Ok thanks for the information. I should be getting mine tomorrow morning.

Do you know if the usb midi is transmitting the sequencer data... (both note on and off and any of the step parameters as CCs perhaps?)
The Arpeggiator and the Sequencer will both send all messages via MIDI OUT port on the back of the UNO Synth.
SLiC wrote:I am not currently seeing any midi out data from the UNO over USB, MIDI in no issue (pitch and mod work)
At this time, we suggest using the MIDI OUT port on the back of your device to send MIDI to external sources.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Thanks for the information.

Ryan_IK wrote:
Scotty wrote:Ok thanks for the information. I should be getting mine tomorrow morning.

The Arpeggiator and the Sequencer will both send all messages via MIDI OUT port on the back of the UNO Synth.
SLiC wrote:I am not currently seeing any midi out data from the UNO over USB, MIDI in no issue (pitch and mod work)
At this time, we suggest using the MIDI OUT port on the back of your device to send MIDI to external sources.
Thanks, I am just (lazily) plugged in with the USB port at the moment.

!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Scotty wrote:I can't seem to find the manual... mine is on its way. I wanted to read up on the midi spec and make a custom controller template for it in advance. Any idea if and when the manual will be posted?
Hi Scotty. The manuals are now available online. There's a "Manuals" link on the left navigation of the UNO Synth page on our site.

Hi Peter

As the UNO currently only has 'midi in' to the UNO via USB I assume we will need to connect it via a 5 pin Midi via an interface to the PC to use the editor? Will the USB eventually be in/out? (I cant see much point to it being in only unless it was class compliant to plug a USB Midi keyboard in)

Pretty good midi spec then, some useful cc's under the hood:

velocity to filter cutoff/filter env amt/lfo rate
mod wheel to lfo rate/vibrato/wah/tremelo/filter cutoff
filter env to osc 1+2 pwm and waveform
lfo to filter cutoff/trem/wah/vib/pitch/ osc 1+2 pwm+wave

The UNO manual indicates a very impressive midi spec with extensive CC control as well as sysex for some global settings...

Program Change
Note On Velocity
Midi Clock + Stop + Start
Mod Wheel (receive only)
Pitch Bend (receive only)
Glide Time
VCA Level (receive only)
Battery Type (0=Alkaline, 1=NiMh) (receive only)
Swing (receive only)
Osc 1 Level
Osc 1 Wave
Osc 1 Tune
Osc 2 Wave
Osc 2 Tune

Amp Attack
Amp Decay (receive only)
Amp Sustain (receive only)
Amp Release

Filter Mode
Filter Attack
Filter Decay
Filter Sustain (receive only)
Filter Release (receive only)
Filter Resonance
Filter Cutoff
Filter Drive
Filter Env Amount
Filter Cutoff Keytrack (receive only)
Filter Env to Osc 1 PWM (receive only)
Filter Env to Osc 2 PWM (receive only)
Filter Env to Osc 1 Wave (receive only)
Filter Env to Osc 2 Wave (receive only)

Hold (receive only)
Glide On/Off (receive only)
LFO Wave
LFO Rate
LFO to Pitch
LFO to Filter Cutoff
LFO to Tremolo (receive only)
LFO to Wah (receive only)
LFO to Vibr (receive only)
LFO to Osc 1 PWM (receive only)
LFO to Osc 1 Waveform (receive only)
LFO to Osc 2 PWM (receive only)
LFO to Osc 2 Waveform (receive only)

Vibrato ON/OFF
Wah ON/OFF
Tremolo ON/OFF

Delay Mix
Delay Time

Arpeggiator ON/OFF (receive only)
Arpeggiator Direction
Arpeggiator Range
Arpeggiator and Seq Gate Time (receive only)
Seq Direction
Seq Range

Dive ON/OFF
Dive Range (receive only)
Scoop ON/OFF
Scoop Range (receive only)

Mod Wheel to LFO Rate (receive only)
Mod Wheel to Vibrato (receive only)
Mod Wheel to Wah (receive only)
Mod Wheel to Tremolo (receive only)
Mod Wheel to Filter Cutoff (receive only)

Pitch Bend Range (receive only)

Velocity to Filter Cutoff (receive only)
Velocity to Filter Env Amount (receive only)
Velocity to LFO Rate (receive only)

Scale Type
Local ON/OFF (receive only)
All Notes Off (receive only)

SYSEX

[SETUP] Pot Mode: Absolute (default)
[SETUP] Pot Mode: Relative
[SETUP] Pot Mode: Pass-Through
[SETUP] MIDI Soft Thru ON (default)
[SETUP] MIDI Soft Thru OFF
Last edited by Scotty on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

That’s interesting as it isn’t velocity sensitive over the USB midi, but it looks like it could be mapped?

Agreed, It looks that way based on the manual.
SLiC wrote:That’s interesting as it isn’t velocity sensitive over the USB midi, but it looks like it could be mapped?

I see in the manual there is an "Audio In" listed. Does that audio get fed into the synthesis path and if so, at what point?

I believe that it is mix in only - based on previous questions in youtube videos. So it just passes the audio without any synth processes .. handy if you don't have a mixer. It would be nice to have external audio-in access to the filter but it isn't available on the UNO.

yellowmix wrote:I see in the manual there is an "Audio In" listed. Does that audio get fed into the synthesis path and if so, at what point?
It does not get fed into the synthesis path. It is for daisy-chaining devices.

From the UNO Synth product page:
The built-in audio input also allows for daisy chaining other external audio device (like drum machines) so they can be used together with UNO Synth without the need for an additional mixer, keeping the set up at minimum for the greatest portability.

SLiC wrote:Hi Peter

As the UNO currently only has 'midi in' to the UNO via USB I assume we will need to connect it via a 5 pin Midi via an interface to the PC to use the editor? Will the USB eventually be in/out? (I cant see much point to it being in only unless it was class compliant to plug a USB Midi keyboard in)
We'll have more information available about how to connect to the editor on the platforms on which it will be available soon.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”