How good is Kontakt 5 time Warp or pitch shifting samples.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How good is Kontakt 5s shifting samples over the Keyboard range without slowing down or speeding up the playback, compared to Mach5s Time Warp or Halions Time Warp Feature?

Does anybody has the Chance to compare them?
Halions and Motus Time Warp is exelent but their 3. Party libs are veeeeeeeeeeery poor, means not so much to choose from.

Thank you:)

Kontakt has multiple timestretching algorithms, of which the highest quality is Elastique Pro 3.

Huh, Kontakt also using the zplane elastique algos (which are included in 90% of all DAWs)?
Thanks, didn't know.

3 threads with the same question wasn't enough?

Don't think this was intended, maybe OP had some internet trouble.

I reported to Mod who hopefully will clean up.

Chris-S wrote:Don't think this was intended, maybe OP had some internet trouble.

I reported to Mod who hopefully will clean up.
Well, to answer the question, it's about the same, maybe not even as good. I don't even bother trying to do this in Kontakt because the results are meh. Of course that's just my opinion so take it with a very small grain of salt.

Of course, FWIW, I don't think any pitch shifting or time warping is any good. You can always tell. At least I can.

I do time-stretching all the time in Cubendo. Of totally naturalistic sources, and I'd bet real money no one can tell.
This wasn't always the case, but it is in Cubase 8 or 9 and Nuendo 8. I don't use Kontakt for this particular task, never did. I don't want to deal in that GUI for this.

However there are some pretty happening developers who appear to. :shrug:

Recently I have been setting all the tracks, MIDI and Audio to musical base in order to, out of it being the lesser use of my time, simply warp (Musical Events Follow) the timeline. If it meant dodgy results, I wouldn't do it. It's not usually extreme (élastique Pro - Time) for Audio. But up to 110% or like that, yeah, no worries. Sometimes Formant Time is best, but Time is just clean in my experience.

The time stretch engine in VI Pro is quite good. I keep that within +/- 15%.

Time Machine Pro (the best/ most cpu intensive mode in Kontakt ) is pretty good. Can do very natural changes within reasonable ranges. Can also be fun for bizarre fx at extreme settings.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”