Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

SLiC wrote: find it very stable considering the complexity.
Wow, if daw manufacturers had the same way of thinking we’d be doomed.

MirkoVanHauten wrote:
SLiC wrote:
MirkoVanHauten wrote:I spy the next source for new bugs with this update :hihi:
Wow- you are definitely an 'every silver lining has a cloud' kida person! :ud:
No :wink: There are still bugs not getting fixed. And with the previous updates it was exactly like I wrote. Release it and crash :D I'm just extrapolating.

I (and the ones that have problems and wrote the support multiple times) would just be happier if they wouldn't set their priorities to add more and more stuff at the cost of stability and make it run smooth first.
True, i also hope the team focuses from now on for fixing some performance issues instead of adding more functions with extra instabilities.
Please guys. I so love this synth but...

I completely rely on avenger for my life performance since it's the only synth that can do what i want in 1 package. But unfortunately i need to stay on 1.3.4 because of some bug. Also i needed to put the synth in jbridge to counter some performance. It helps but still, the synth is high demanding. Not because of synthesis. Because of code.
Last edited by godly on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

sircuit wrote:
I don’t think so, I have not come across a single bug in Avenger that stops me making music with it and it has never crashed (unlike Cubase) -it works for me :phones:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Bansaw wrote:Bansaw Crown Music - Sapphire
The presets will work with version 1.3.4 and above.
Didn't want the price to be too high for the Avenger
community, so set it as ~$19 introductory.
I've got a longer walkthrough which gives you a different
angle, coming out in a few days.
Cheers, Bansaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqMTdH4Tg8
am interested - when is the walkthrough video coming?
and is the price the same if I buy it through the shop, or direct PM you here?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

sircuit wrote:
There is no "very stable". Either it is stable or not - and yes, it is not.

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
sircuit wrote:
There is no "very stable". Either it is stable or not - and yes, it is not.
I don't think you speak for everyone, for me, it is stable.

I cant think of a DAW or even VST of any complexity that hasn't had ongoing bug fixes several times a year, that doesn't mean it has never been stable at any time, using your logic not a single DAW is currently stable as they all have reported bugs, the issue of stability corresponds to the individual user and if or how much the bugs affect them.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

for me and 99% of the customers, its stable too. But dont worry, we also want the last 1% - who all seem to be here at KVR - to be happy.
Along new features, many bugfixes with the new version, too

Hanz Meyzer wrote:There is no "very stable". Either it is stable or not
Crashes once every minute - very unstable

Crashes once every week - slightly unstable

Crashes once every year - fractionally unstable

mind = blown
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

msvs wrote:for me and 99% of the customers, its stable too. But dont worry, we also want the last 1% - who all seem to be here at KVR - to be happy.
Along new features, many bugfixes with the new version, too
Seems that 1% is growing ;-)
I have problems on ASIO, I bet most users are on Apple or Wasapi, there's not so much a problem there.
Plus some other issues Manuel (next to my personal issues :-P :-P :-P ) I've sended you and Rene some personal idea about it, rather than post it all here. But please, we are so hoping you guys start focussing on these important performance and stability issues.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Thing is, people here seems divided in 3:

The ones that surf presets usually have no issues

The ones that use a single instance in an empty project, for sound design, have no issues

The ones that actually fiddle with the synth in a busy project, are most prone to having issues.

@Manuel: when you do sound design, just load another 10 instances of Avenger (or even 20 if you have 32 GB of memory), load different presets in them and leave them minimized. It would be easier to spot glitches (and there will be) inside the instance you actually work on.

Seems that 1% is growing ;-)
since you dont know any numbers, you dont know how much 1% is.
hen you do sound design, just load another 10 instances of Avenger
how do you think I do make expansion demos? There many Avengers simultaneously :)
They do not interfere at all on my system (5 year old PC, 64GB RAM btw), no matter how many are open. If somebody here encounter a problem, especially on OSX, please send to Rene, not me. I can not reproduce it. I am the guy to ask for sound questions and new features, not technical bugs. Please ask Rene, you all know his support email.

Would love a synthpop or indie electronica expansion! Nobody seems to have that. Like St. Lucia, Imogene Heap, etc. sort of stuff.

MasterTuner wrote:
Bansaw wrote:Bansaw Crown Music - Sapphire
The presets will work with version 1.3.4 and above.
Didn't want the price to be too high for the Avenger
community, so set it as ~$19 introductory.
I've got a longer walkthrough which gives you a different
angle, coming out in a few days.
Cheers, Bansaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqMTdH4Tg8
am interested - when is the walkthrough video coming?
and is the price the same if I buy it through the shop, or direct PM you here?
The walkthrough video will be coming tomorrow.
The expansion will remain at the low discount price for people here in the Avenger community for the weekend.
You can PM me if you prefer to pay direct by Paypal, gift option or goods and services, its up to you, the price remains the same. (I have good history on KVR, my feedback link is in my signature.)

So, about this new guitar looping feature.

Will it be useful for more than just guitar?
Will there be any content included that is not guitar samples?

I like the idea (from the limited knowledge I have of what it will do) but I don't ever use guitar sounds in my productions.

I am hoping I can use it somehow for synth sounds also.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Will it be useful for more than just guitar?
Will there be any content included that is not guitar samples?
yes

you can use it for any content you have construction kit like content, like a loop on every note or different possible chord (min/maj at least for example)

We will offer Guitar, Bass Guitar etc content in the first sight, because it just sounds so awesome. We will think about other possible expansion packs, especially designed for this feature.

Return to “Instruments”