Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn

VELLTONE -Thorn CM is set of 30 presets(for now) fully compatible with Thorn - donate something,it grow ...i consider buying full synth if people like and donate for my stuff,when arps are off can be used as different instruments :
https://velltone.wixsite.com/velltone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naZ4w0ltj14

This is great marketing for the Thorn full version... I'm trying to choose between Thorn and Europa right now... It's a VERY hard decision, both offer some really great features. Just like others say, I've been buying CM for years and love all the stuff you get on the disk. Even if it just lets me know I don't want the full version. That happens sometimes. But it does go the other way as well, I wouldn't have ever even given Thorn a second look if I didn't see all it's features on CM, I just passed it right up when I saw ads for it my brain barely perceiving it. I don't have to have a degree in media to know this is good marketing.
In the future there will be robots!

Is there a way to buy the BEAT version online?
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Yes! you can buy it direct from falkemedia.de. chose the dvd option and buy it and download the iso file. Extract The iso file to a folder using winrar. Request a serial code from serial centre.de and use the code to unlock the thorn beat file that is still zipped in the folder where you extracted the iso image too. This is what I did and it all worked out fine.

surreal wrote:Yes! you can buy it direct from falkemedia.de. chose the dvd option and buy it and download the iso file. Extract The iso file to a folder using winrar. Request a serial code from serial centre.de and use the code to unlock the thorn beat file that is still zipped in the folder where you extracted the iso image too. This is what I did and it all worked out fine.
cool thanks for the info. I'm hoping language won't be a barrier :?

Jbravo wrote:
surreal wrote:Yes! you can buy it direct from falkemedia.de. chose the dvd option and buy it and download the iso file. Extract The iso file to a folder using winrar. Request a serial code from serial centre.de and use the code to unlock the thorn beat file that is still zipped in the folder where you extracted the iso image too. This is what I did and it all worked out fine.
For the software its fine. .. f9r the rest there is google translate :hihi:

surreal wrote:
Jbravo wrote:
For the software its fine. .. f9r the rest there is google translate :hihi:

well I've bought the ISO download but it seems it will take 2 days to download 8gb from that site :( Is there any way someone can transfer me the ISO?

I can guess that Dmitry may come with a major Thorn update. That would fit the logic behind those magazines Thorn versions.

I'd rather guess it's about attention for Thorn. After all, when the people like the magware, they're likely to upgrade to the full version.

AFAIK, Diversion 2 will come at some time, so, i doubt there'll be a "major" update for Thorn now.

Igro wrote:I can guess that Dmitry may come with a major Thorn update. That would fit the logic behind those magazines Thorn versions.
The logic behind the magazine Thorn versions is just marketing - nothing new here. It's a great way to draw attention to the full version by offering a free version that comes with less features. Many who'd never heard of Thorn discovered it through the magazine freebies.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
Igro wrote:I can guess that Dmitry may come with a major Thorn update. That would fit the logic behind those magazines Thorn versions.
The logic behind the magazine Thorn versions is just marketing - nothing new here. It's a great way to draw attention to the full version by offering a free version that comes with less features. Many who'd never heard of Thorn discovered it through the magazine freebies.
I agree, of course. But with a major update there would be a second wave of "upgraders". :D

Is it possible to run the beat version and the full version on the same machine under OS X?
I want to run several instances at the same time and have the hope, that the mono beat version is less CPU hungry...

It's possible in Windows, so i'd assume it's possible in Mac OS as well.

In Windows, they even have different folders in the Documents folder, for the library, and user files, like it should be.

Thanks, works fine, no conflicts and less CPU as well...
But a bit more aliasing it seems...

Great synth
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”