Windows 1803

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jafo wrote:Create a file -- not a directory, a file -- named Windows10Upgrade in the root of your system directory (normally c:\). It has to be named exactly that, with no extension; if it has an extension, it won't work. Make it read-only. Watch as Windows gets as confused and complains that it can't create a file that already exists, then close the error box and carry on. Optionally, wonder why you're running Windows, then remember that games exist... maybe that's just me.
I created a read-only Windows10Upgrade file (and directory too) in root C just fine here (Win 10 Pro).

You probably have "show hidden files and folders" disabled, and actually have a Windows10Upgrade file there, but hidden.

I just updated today and now I can not shut down certain startup processes. I can disable them but they still start up and I find them in the task bar. There is no way to disable the conexant audio driver now for instance. LoL... windows kills us again. The biggest problem with windows... bloat.

Glad to know we can have some control over auto updates finally!

Dasheesh wrote:There is no way to disable the conexant audio driver now for instance.
Can’t you disable the audio device that is making the driver load in the bios ?

I'm using an old mackie audio interface on my laptop with asio4all as a driver. There is no way to disable or uninstall conexant audio drivers with this update now. I used to be able to tell it to not start on start up. Now I have gone into task manager and told it to disable and have tried to disable at startup but it refuses to go away. It continues to start on start up. I am not the only one complaining about this. These conexant audio drivers have been a thorn in windows users side for a few years, but in the past the smart people were able to disable on start up or uninstall altogether. many third party venders of PC's are now FORCING people to use these audio drivers, and they add latency to my DAW when using ASIO4ALL. They also use memory. A quick search on the net will show the problems people are having. I think I'm stuck with this audio driver I am forced to use now.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 483732861f

:x :bang: :dog: :idiot: My long term Skyrim SE game game TRASHED with recent updates as well.

You know, i'm sorry to hear that, and don't want to add insult to injury, but... note that all that stuff works here (playing Skyrim SE as well, and, i can prevent stuff from autostarting as well), so, it may be an issue which exists merely on your computer.

Why didn't you activate Steam Cloud synchronisation for your Skyrim SE savegames anyway? And how would a Windows upodate corrupt your savegame anyway? Questions questions.

the skyrim thing is n my xbox chick. I’m just bitching about that because I’m pretty sure I’ve now lost another skyrim game I’ve put hours into.

I’m not the only one. the inter web is full with the same complaints about the conexant drivers.

Dasheesh wrote:I'm using an old mackie audio interface on my laptop with asio4all as a driver. There is no way to disable or uninstall conexant audio drivers with this update now.
It sounds like you still have the laptops built in audio device enabled.
Try disabling it in the bios or device manager and that should stop the unwanted driver loading.

Some PCs by some manufacturers just have a "BIOS lite", with not many options to change. (I'll never buy that crap!)
Disabling the audio device in Device Manager should solve all problems - if it does, just ignore that the driver is still installed.

like I said. I disabled in device manager and startup items. it still boots on startup :). also, if you uninstall, windows reinstalls immediately. also, if you disable the update for the driver it will reinstall on the next “cumulative update.” this problem is being complained about all over the web.

Did you disable it in the Task Manager?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/disabl ... indows-10/

Leave the Device Manager and the System configuration alone (default).It shouldn't come up when it is disabled in the Task Manager.I for myself do not disable the the Windows Audio driver and i don't have any problems at all.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Thanks for the help guys, sorry I've been a little busy this morning, so slow reply. I just rebooted my computer. I have it disabled in device manager. It started on boot up again. It no longer shows in task manager unless it's under a hidden name. Microsoft has hidden it. I have a screen shot, but it might be a little large... gonna try it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The HP logo and 'Bang&Olufsen Audio' seems to suggest it's some other thing that's been installed than just the standard audio driver. Any mention to either of those things in 'Add or Remove Programs' ?

Just Conexant ISST audio listed. No B and A. The B and A app has always been the control app for the conexant drivers.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”