StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

After a suggestion from Lotuzia to contact the Xils support about my performance issues, I've been mailing back and forth with one Xils-er about it. The end result was that he uploaded a new v1.0.3 beta version today that seems to have fixed everything (though I don't know if new bugs are introducted :hihi: )! Super-fast right now. Great support from Xils!

Glad to see that this performance issue, affecting a few particular systems combos was fixed.

For the vast majority of systems also, wich were not concerned by this issue, the transition time between two presets have also been divided by nearly two :tu:

This version is still in beta, and available at the usual DL location on Xils site, for those who woud like to use StiX in megaturbo mode :) (You can always reverse to an previous version in case of problems, but hopefully it's safe enough -tested on a few systems combos until now)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

@ Lotuzia

I PM'ed you yesterday about not getting newsletter and getting the crossgrade code, but I'm not entirely sure that the PM system is working ( for me at least ) as it does not have any record in my outbox/sent box.
No rush, but I just want to check if you received said PM.

Lotuzia wrote:Here's a screen of StiX new preset manager.

Nice! I wish Xils would update the CM version with a bugfix and this new patch manager...but I guess the solution to that is to just purchase the full version. :hihi:

Dunc wrote:@ Lotuzia

I PM'ed you yesterday about not getting newsletter and getting the crossgrade code, but I'm not entirely sure that the PM system is working ( for me at least ) as it does not have any record in my outbox/sent box.
No rush, but I just want to check if you received said PM.
No problemo. I did not receive your PM, so it's ok, it was the best thing to do.

I hope you can read mine, with all the details :)

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Russell Grand wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Here's a screen of StiX new preset manager.

Nice! I wish Xils would update the CM version with a bugfix and this new patch manager...but I guess the solution to that is to just purchase the full version. :hihi:
Thanks. Afawk, the problem of the transition time between presets affected only a few systems combos (daw, OS, protection scheme choosen), but it did not affect CM version. (It was actually introduced in v 1.0.2)

--__

Possible reasons to update to the full version, besides the fact that the mass sampling import function bug affecting certain Windows systems was finally fixed recently, and the preset load time was divided by two :

(From Xils Newsletter)

* StiX full version will unlock you FULL access to hundreds of synthesis parameters for each drumpad, including the possibility to customize the Eazy page Macro Knobs destinations, the PolyStep sources, and the sequencer P.lock parameters. Adjust enveloppes, curves, oscillators, LFOs, matrix modulations, Macro Modulations. Tune EVERYTHING with the greatest precision.

* StiX full version will offer you the separate outputs, so you can process each drum sound in your daw with all your plugin arsenal You will also get the Midi Output ability, to use external plug ins, or hardware drum machines driven with StiX powerful XoX sequencer. You will enable the SONG mode, to chain patterns in perfect sync with your DAW. Full access to all sequencer tabs parameters.

* You'll be able to load your own samples in StiX, opening thousands of thousands of possibilities.

* StiX fulll version will give you access to thousands of new presets, new beats, new drumpads, new drumkits, wich are already into the making, including very rare and never available drum machines.

* And finally StiX full version will give you access to StiX future versions, like the New Preset Browser (NPB) implemented in the freshly released version 1.0.3. (Free update)

What can the NPB do for you ?

* Find the good preset/Drumkit/Drum sound in a flash with a multicriteria search engine, and prelisten (Browse in place) function for the samples. Import dozens of your custom samples in one operation, then multitag them in one operation, then use them directly in StiX

* Multiselection of all items ( Drumpads, Global Presets, Drumkits, Samples), and Import/Export/Retag functions. And yes, you can create your own tags in StiX [/list]

Thanks Lotuzia.

Just bought into the full version of StiX.

Off to play... :tu:

Dunc wrote:Thanks Lotuzia.

Just bought into the full version of StiX.

Off to play... :tu:
Thank you. Hope you'll like it !

-----------_____________

Reminder : For those who want the 50% promo code to upgrade from StiX CM to StiX full version (or have freshly installed it, or did not receive the newsletter), just PM me.

There were more than 20 people who contacted me to get the StiX CM --> StiX full version promo crossgrade code :phew: . Wich probably means that a lot of CM version owners missed the opportunity to get informed of this promo by the special newsletter wich was supposed to join all of them. I discussed all this with Xils, and the result is : It was decided to issue a new newsletter to all Xils users to try to reach the largest number of users. Even like this, we're not sure all CM versions users will be informed, so feel free to spread the word if you know some of them personnaly.

So : StiX v 1.0.3 is finally officially released. It offers : A new one page integrated Preset Manager with tons of possibilities and functions. People can now import in all systems/os/daws combos tons of samples in a simple one step operation, and mutlitag them after that. ( So importing 200 snares samples and tag them properly will take 1mn watch in hand). Also, very important for the ease of use, the transition time between presets has been divided by two.
AI assisted drumkit creation is now nearly instantaneous. And finally, finding the right preset, with graphical multicrieria search function, is now as intuitive as fast and easy to operate.

For StIX CM users, here are the crossgrade details : Optional here means : If it has not already been done.

1/ (Optional) Download and install StiX CM version on your computer
2/ (Optional) Register on Xils-lab site
3/ Add StiX to your cart.
4/ At the end of the check out, use the following 50% discount Code :

STIX_CM_2018

Offer Valid until August 15th, 2018

Important : An ancient buggy StiX 1.0.3 version was uploaded instead of the good official one. Please, download the v1.03b version and install it if you have recently downloaded v 1.03.

How to find if you have the good version : This ancient version 1.0.3 beta suffered from a major bug : Working on a project was OK, but as soon as you did reload any project saved with it, or resaved with it for older projects, Samples in drumpads were replaced by the White Noise oscillator, leading to unrecognizable drumpad sounds.

What to do in case you have installed the wrong 1.0.3 version : Your StiX global presets, drumpad presets, samples are ok and safe. Your projects are safe. Don't try to resave them, or to resave your DAW project. Simply close the project and download immediatly the StiX 1.0.3b, wich is the good version that should have been uploaded, and install it. Everything should be fixed.

Note : The official version was renamed to v1.0.3b, so that there's no possible mistake/confusion on wich version you should run.

Apologizes to all StiX users for the trouble !

I have downloaded the new version this morning & I really, really like the sounds StiX generates. And the new layout is nice. But I am still missing something here or is the ability to export MIDI patterns still not available? I really need the ability to just copy & paste StiX Patterns straight into Ableton Live.....& StiX still can't do that? Is that correct? I do see this Song creator feature within StiX, but that's not what I want. Can someone please confirm? Ta very much...

evertonfan wrote:I have downloaded the new version this morning & I really, really like the sounds StiX generates. And the new layout is nice. But I am still missing something here or is the ability to export MIDI patterns still not available? I really need the ability to just copy & paste StiX Patterns straight into Ableton Live.....& StiX still can't do that? Is that correct? I do see this Song creator feature within StiX, but that's not what I want. Can someone please confirm? Ta very much...
Glad you like it.
No you can't drag'ndrop pattern from StiX to the daw atm.
You can however record StiX midi output directly into your daw. Put Daw in record mode between any two locators, enable StiX midi output (button above the virtual keyboard), record the pattern(s), and mofify them afterwards in your daw, re-organize/edit midi data as you wish. You can also send midi from StiX directly to external hardware drum machines, or synthesizers in your Daw, or other drum machines. You can also play patterns live while playing/recording drumhits where you want, and finally you can also mute any drum(s) at any moment to make variations/intro/outros easily.

i use stix cm. pretty good drummachine plugin. needs just the software version of the protection mechanism. no hardware, which was the reason ignored xils before (lack of usb plugs). so wiht the software protection its no hassle at all. i will upgrade as soon as i am capable of financially^^

Lotuzia, since you work at Xils (or are tight with them, always confused), I hope you're aware that the Xils website has been hacked. :help: :borg:

EDIT: Do not visit Xils' website now, as mentioned below there seems to be a virus there.
Last edited by BeeDog on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

I recommend people don t go there view the hack, there's a nasty virus attached.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”