What's so special about Reaper?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote:
Trancit wrote: Fact is, that Reaper definetely lacks of drag n drop support of audio from the timeline into a plugin...
Reaper lacks of many features, which are present in other DAW´s for electronic music production...
Actually Reaper supports and has supported drag n drop to plugins for a long long time, I wont even bother with the rest of your post because you obviously don't know Reaper either.
I didn´t see this post before... so coming a bit late...

Please try to learn reading correctly before you go and try to blame other people...

I wrote drag n drop support from the timeline or perhaps better understandable for you from the arrangment into a plugin and that was never supported by Reaper

Trancit wrote:
bungle wrote:
Trancit wrote: Fact is, that Reaper definetely lacks of drag n drop support of audio from the timeline into a plugin...
Reaper lacks of many features, which are present in other DAW´s for electronic music production...
Actually Reaper supports and has supported drag n drop to plugins for a long long time, I wont even bother with the rest of your post because you obviously don't know Reaper either.
I didn´t see this post before... so coming a bit late...

Please try to learn reading correctly before you go and try to blame other people...

I wrote drag n drop support from the timeline or perhaps better understandable for you from the arrangment into a plugin and that was never supported by Reaper
sounds a handy function - is this the sort of thing where a DAW allows drag and drop into any plugin that takes audio or does the plugin also have to allow for this feature? And.... which DAWs allow this?

thanks,

You can drop a media item to a plugin by holding ctrl+alt, which renders a new item basically. Tried it with Kontakt and works.

Plugin also needs to allow for this feature IIRC.

EvilDragon wrote:You can drop a media item to a plugin by holding ctrl+alt, which renders a new item basically. Tried it with Kontakt and works.

works for Soundmorph Dust as well - thanks for that tip

So when I recapitulate this thread I come the conclusion:

Reading the manual + asking in the forum
is much more important in Reaper than it is in other DAWs.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I'd say reading the manual is always important no matter what the program.

enroe wrote:So when I recapitulate this thread I come the conclusion:

Reading the manual + asking in the forum
This is correct. But you’ll get a hell of a DAW.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

enroe wrote:So when I recapitulate this thread I come the conclusion:

...asking in the forum
i remember one thread where the thread starter explicitely said that Reaper is no option and 2 posts later he was recommended Reaper due to its inbuilt supremacy.
so asking in the forum is no option i'd say...

EvilDragon wrote:I'd say reading the manual is always important no matter what the program.
Sure. But he didn’t say the opposite.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

EvilDragon wrote:You can drop a media item to a plugin by holding ctrl+alt, which renders a new item basically. Tried it with Kontakt and works.

I know this shortcut but didn´t know it works for plugins as well... thx for the hint...

Trancit wrote:

I know this shortcut but didn´t know it works for plugins as well... thx for the hint...
Apology ?
No didn't think so.
You learn to read, and learn to use the software before claiming it cant do something it clearly can, tool !!!
Duh

Brother. Thou shouldn'th be so defensiveth.

Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

These arguments are quite entertaining but in fact the main thing that's special about Reaper is that I use it. That makes it absolutely unique among DAWs. I've tried several others but I don't bother with any of them now.

But will my (excellent IMO) reasons be convincing to anyone else? No of course not. You aren't me so you don't need or want the same things. So I might as well just say "I like and use Reaper because it suits me better overall than anything else I've found".

Steve

The price. That's about it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”