Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, just noticed on their FB page as well as audio secondhand market groups that they are now attempting to sell their company. I've always found this company to be very sketchy, and wanted to warn people to avoid buying from them further. I'll just leave this post here...
Last edited by DFoisie on Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no surprise, really. i stayed away from them based on their (his, really) erratic tactics and shoddy testing.

i mean, really, a company that has such a totally bipolar pricing policy, where they make paid plugins free after ~1 week, crazy asking prices for some plugins followed by price readjustment, asking $50, $100, $150 for plugins which have basic issues like useless VU meters or weird input levels... if you're charging big boy prices, you better be goddamn sure your plugins are perfect.

and it's been long time coming, because i remember him since before he was Analog Obsession, when he was releasing Nebula libraries (EDIT: and then plugins, under the "Bullshit Audio Tech" brand), and followed the same erratic pattern of making things free after short period on sale, crazy pricing etc. for that reason, i refused to buy AO plugins, even though i did like some demos - i wanted him to prove that he could play with the big boys. apparently, he can't. well, OK.
Last edited by Burillo on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

ZHUT UPP AND TAYK MY MANEY!!!

They constantly released plugins with awful GUIs, tons of bugs and then were rude to customers online.

It's not much of a surprise.

How much are they selling their company for?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:How much are they selling their company for?
Wanna go halfsies? :D

Of course but will they price the company the same way they priced their plug-ins. Could be that all their plug-ins will be open source by the middle of next week.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

From the sound of things, you can have it for free if you wait a week.
Image Image Image Image

Slightly annoyed and sad about this because AO could have been a great company if Tunca stepped aside and let somebody else handle the business side of things oh,and if he wasn't so god damn stubborn about everything.he had some really great plugins on his hands that shat on a lot of bigger name plugin companies in the same arena,but there was a consistent pattern of his where he would eventually break the plugins,then ditch them,then play his ludicrous pricing game
I

If he broke them, then how could they be considered "good?"

If its anything like his plugins, double what its worth and then youll get stung by hidden VAT at checkout :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Can't say I'm happy about this, but I'm also not surprised or super sad. I did wonder how such clunky software could remain so well perceived without any backlash for such a long time. Don't know Tunca/Ridvan in person and never had to deal with him much, except in a few posts, so it's not like I really have anything against the guy. But wow, the things I saw him ask in the DSP forum, or over at the Cockos/IPlug/WDL forum... Heavy stuff. I don't wish him anything bad, but I think the path he was heading down wasn't the right one. Now I'm just curious to see who would be interested in "buying the AO heritage", rather than building up something of their own.
Confucamus.

Rockatansky wrote:Can't say I'm happy about this, but I'm also not surprised or super sad. I did wonder how such clunky software could remain so well perceived without any backlash for such a long time. Don't know Tunca/Ridvan in person and never had to deal with him much, except in a few posts, so it's not like I really have anything against the guy. But wow, the things I saw him ask in the DSP forum, or over at the Cockos/IPlug/WDL forum... Heavy stuff. I don't wish him anything bad, but I think the path he was heading down wasn't the right one. Now I'm just curious to see who would be interested in "buying the AO heritage", rather than building up something of their own.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=187290

Heavy stuff... Somehow can write analog modelled eqs but cant mak a very simple compressor work.

:dog:

Hes most probably using a graphical 'export to code' Spice modeller.
In a similar vein to Synthedit or Synthmaker
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Rockatansky wrote:But wow, the things I saw him ask in the DSP forum
This was my initial thought too. I'm morbidly curious to see what the code looks like.

Return to “Effects”