Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
T-RackS Group Buy! Up to 5 free mixing and mastering processors!

T-RackS Group Buy

Easy-to-reach tiers, up to 5 free processors.

Mixing and mastering processors, including Lurssen Mastering Console.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

2636 posts since 26 Nov, 2015, from Way Downunder

Postby MogwaiBoy; Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:00 pm Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Hes most probably using a graphical 'export to code' Spice modeller.
In a similar vein to Synthedit or Synthmaker

So you just like graphically arrange and build a virtual "circuit" onscreen and then just export as code? That explains a lot - like why specific bugs weren't addressed, because he wasn't a coder developer as such.

It's a bit of a shame. I really like Buster V2 and will continue to use it. I was looking forward to the 'Diamond' update with oversampling and no Nyquist warping, which now may never happen.
soulone82
KVRian

838 posts since 16 Aug, 2010, from almost everywhere...

Postby soulone82; Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 pm Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

Apparently Waves has bought the Analog Obsession IP and technology.

Word on the street is that they´ve paid appr. $29...
Turello
KVRAF

3138 posts since 6 Jul, 2012, from Sick-cily

Postby Turello; Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 pm Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

I'm happy with the(ir) usefull freebies... :-P ;-)
Mr. Spock
KVRist

32 posts since 4 May, 2016

Postby Mr. Spock; Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 pm Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

Oh boy! Plugins didn't sell any more and now he tries to sell the company...

Bizarre.
DeathByGuitar
KVRist

40 posts since 4 Feb, 2006

Postby DeathByGuitar; Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:30 pm Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

soulone82 wrote:Apparently Waves has bought the Analog Obsession IP and technology.

I laughed out loud when I read this :hihi: :clap:
low_low
KVRist

336 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Postby low_low; Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 pm Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

soulone82 wrote:Apparently Waves has bought the Analog Obsession IP and technology.

Be 29$us more than most of the people who buy plugins ever make ...
Halonmusic
KVRian

1428 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:55 pm Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

Robert Randolph wrote:
Rockatansky wrote:Can't say I'm happy about this, but I'm also not surprised or super sad. I did wonder how such clunky software could remain so well perceived without any backlash for such a long time. Don't know Tunca/Ridvan in person and never had to deal with him much, except in a few posts, so it's not like I really have anything against the guy. But wow, the things I saw him ask in the DSP forum, or over at the Cockos/IPlug/WDL forum... Heavy stuff. I don't wish him anything bad, but I think the path he was heading down wasn't the right one. Now I'm just curious to see who would be interested in "buying the AO heritage", rather than building up something of their own.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=187290

Heavy stuff... Somehow can write analog modelled eqs but cant mak a very simple compressor work.

:dog:

So that is why his FET compressor doesnt seem to do much. :hihi:
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
bmanic
KVRAF

7978 posts since 3 Feb, 2003, from Finland, Espoo

Postby bmanic; Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:55 am Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Hes most probably using a graphical 'export to code' Spice modeller.
In a similar vein to Synthedit or Synthmaker

This would explain pretty much everything. The guy can't code at all. Nor does he seem to have any knowledge of basic audio engineering. It seems like the only thing he knew something about was the spice part.. and even that I'm starting to suspect. Perhaps he is literally translating schematics and brute forcing bits and pieces through some sort of code translation.
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad." - Elon Musk, TED talk April 2017
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

10348 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:58 am Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

DeathByGuitar wrote:

I laughed out loud when I read this :hihi: :clap:

I'm still laughing :lol: :lol:
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7834 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:00 am Re: Avoid Analog Obsession at all costs!

Tempted to aqcuire them along with Crysonic, maybe a 2fer deal could be negotiated
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects