GrainSpace updated to v2.5 - Granular Reverb Processor - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GrainSpace

You can upgrade by installing the demo and then using the license file you have saved in the original License path

Mac: Music\Audio Music Apps\Audiority\Licenses
PC: Documents\Audiority\Licenses

If you can PM me with your email address, I can check why the User Area account isn't going on.

Cheers,
Luca

Hm, tried Xenoverb as well, strange how i passed it, grabbed it too (thru PB).
Luca interesting reverb grats.

Indeed, big big update! So many great new features :D

My favorite is definitely the filtering per grains. That's just nuts. It really opens a whole new world to unusual textures that would be impossible to achieve with a regular post-filter. I've been looking for a modern granulator with grain filtering since a while, they are very uncommon. (in fact the only granular effect plugin I know that does grain filtering is Argotlunar, that's it). So I think it's a great solid addition to GrainSpace's arsenal. Very solid & fun update Luca, well done! :clap:

Now just wondering, didn't find any info about the 'HQ' button, what's does this do? The only info I found in the manual is this:
- NEW: HQ interpolation (switch on toolbar)

A friggin great update! :party: Adds a tremendous amount of depth and versatility to an already
cool and interesting effect. :tu:

Holy shit
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I've updated the NKS version to v2, redid the template to match the new layout and applied it to all the presets, plus imported the V2 presets, also updated the Komplete Kontrol browser thumbnails.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvlbnj5d0ng73 ... S.zip?dl=1

This incorporates NKS versions of all banks including my own bank Forbidden Paths

btw I would like to add a fancier logo image but don't have the font Grainspace uses on my system but if anyone has it I made a template for logos in Affinity Photo they could use (or it should just be a transparent png with plugin name in white or off-white text and the dimensions need to be exactly 417x65 pixels at 72dpi.)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neon Breath wrote: Now just wondering, didn't find any info about the 'HQ' button, what's does this do? The only info I found in the manual is this:
I guess I missed it while updating the user manual :dog:
Anyways.. HQ button switches between the standard linear interpolation we always used in GrainSpace, and a better hermite interpolation. The change is subtle, until you don't start heavy stretching of drum loops and other transient material ;)

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:
Neon Breath wrote: Now just wondering, didn't find any info about the 'HQ' button, what's does this do? The only info I found in the manual is this:
I guess I missed it while updating the user manual :dog:
Anyways.. HQ button switches between the standard linear interpolation we always used in GrainSpace, and a better hermite interpolation. The change is subtle, until you don't start heavy stretching of drum loops and other transient material ;)

Cheers,
Luca
:tu: thank you! Great info

Quick Tip, to fully exploit & experience the grain filtering: Mod the cutoff with an LFO or a Rand parameter, don't use it just like a 'regular' filter. That way, each grains get filtered and that allows to create very organic and moving grain clouds. Combined with huge feedback, the results are pretty insane.

GrainSpace is now ranked my number 1 granulator easily! :ud:
Last edited by Neon Breath on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Very cool and wonderful free update, thank you!

Almost bought before but didn’t as I have so many fx and clouds in my rack....this update however I could not resist, next level, bought!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:....this update however I could not resist, next level, bought!
You said it man! GrainSpace is now in its own class, especially with the resonator & grain filtering. Mad granulation :-D

Thank you all so much for your great feedback! Love you, guys :D

Cheers,
Luca

aMUSEd wrote:I've updated the NKS version to v2, redid the template to match the new layout and applied it to all the presets, plus imported the V2 presets, also updated the Komplete Kontrol browser thumbnails.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvlbnj5d0ng73 ... S.zip?dl=1

This incorporates NKS versions of all banks including my own bank Forbidden Paths

btw I would like to add a fancier logo image but don't have the font Grainspace uses on my system but if anyone has it I made a template for logos in Affinity Photo they could use (or it should just be a transparent png with plugin name in white or off-white text and the dimensions need to be exactly 417x65 pixels at 72dpi.)
Sorry but slight update, Luca told me what font to use for the logo so I made graphics for that too so now it's finished (at least till I add more presets to my bank which may not be that long given the new features):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frhlcgbexpsyu ... S.zip?dl=1

What was a 'very good' plugin is now in sitting proudly in the 'epic' zone. Unique capabilities, huge range of sounds possible.
Fair play to you, you did a great job Luca.

Return to “Effects”