Any news on Massive 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive

pdxindy wrote:
recursive one wrote:The new Reaktor synths, such as Rounds and Kontour, sound amazing. I definitely won't mind a synth having the archeticture similar to Massive with such a sound quality. I have no problems with using Reaktor-based synths, don't understand why people hate it.
Preset handling sucks... and it is just a bit clumsy having to launch Reaktor first then open a folder to select the synth. Also how automation parameters are listed in the Host is not so intuitive...

I rarely ever use the Reaktor based synths because adding a VST synth is so much more elegant for workflow.
:clap:

Reaktor is somewhat of a nightmare in these two areas. I have built several instruments and worked with CORE and still don't really "get" preset management or host automation :scared:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Massive is on sale right now for 1/2 price. Maybe that means something for Massive 2?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... s/massive/

You mean Massive X. :P

Massive X is probably simply the expansion bundle for Massive 1 …

Expansion bundle? In what form?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:Expansion bundle? In what form?
Boom.

I very much don't think so. :)

Proof: all of these expansions have a separate and different entry in NativeAccess.xml. :) Massive X is a separate product.

EvilDragon wrote:I very much don't think so. :)

Proof: all of these expansions have a separate and different entry in NativeAccess.xml. :) Massive X is a separate product.
This make me think it might be a Player version of Massive like kontakt and Reaktor Player so they can sell more expansion packs.

Well, now this may be a sort of indirect proof. Before you introduce a new product which is going to make one of your flagship synths obsolete and redundant, you may want to squeeze some more money out of it by giving a discount and providing some new content. Makes sense I think.

So probably September 4 will be the day of a big announcement :party:

I love these speculation games :) Actually I think the leak might have been intentional.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

D-Fusion wrote:

This make me think it might be a Player version of Massive like kontakt and Reaktor Player so they can sell more expansion packs.
They would call it Massive Player then, not Massive X (just like they had other Player products in the past besides Kontakt and Reaktor).

Nope, I don't think it's a player version either.

EvilDragon wrote:
D-Fusion wrote:

They would call it Massive Player then, not Massive X (just like they had other Player products in the past besides Kontakt and Reaktor).

Nope, I don't think it's a player version either.
I guess you may actually know something? :scared:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Perhaps it will be the ONE synth that rules them all...
It will be probably called after release:
Massive Contact Reactor :o

Features:
Light on CPU, light on RAM, reasonable and simple preset system, bugfree, downward compatible and good as hell sounding... :phones:

Massive appearance of Massive threads...
Where will all this end?
A massive black hole to engulf all other threads?!? :borg:

Return to “Instruments”