Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Thx , the fact there is no demo don t help me with the decision i must take...

hivkorn wrote:Thx , the fact there is no demo don t help me with the decision i must take...
Honestly, both are in a strange early stage state. Even with CoCo's free beta test version it's hard to write it off or say its great unless you like what it already does. At that, Its great but for what I own already its definitely not worth purchasing as is especially since I hated the way it loses power when switching "color" types and I hate what seems to be a feature now with the ducking. Ducking, as referring to turning down the feed back to me is pointless because on busy material it just sounds like there's no delay.

As for Infinity, I'm not that impressed yet either, but again its early so like CoCo, my gripes could nulled by the time its officially done. I have wanted an updated Ohmboyz for the screaming qualities that it is known for being capable of pulling off and I've got that in infinity, but the temporary UI is just that, so my purchase has to be considered an investment into hopeful possibilities.

Not trying to be negative here, but just being honest. Its really hard to compare both because they are intended to be different except for the simple fact that they create delays of the signal, mixed or not mixed with the original signal. CoCo is specifically designed to mimic BBD style delay while offering subtle (too subtle for my preferences) coloring and saturating options.

Infinity at the moment is its own beast with its own coloring and saturating that does not overlap with with CoCo (because this one can get nasty if you so choose it to do so, while CoCo is more like the nice fellow with the bowtie collection... interesting but not nasty) but the selling point from Ohmforce is supposed to be the macro system which admittedly I have not investigated thoroughly yet, but apparently that's the main attraction in being a live manipulation (or automated) sound effect and there's nothing wrong with that. Soundtoys' Primaltap is simply just another delay, until you play with the settings on the fly or automate the thing making it very unique among the heavily saturated delay market... So Infinity and its Macros do have a place in this market, but again... It just not finished. :shrug:

Is there anything the original Ohmboyz can do that Infinity can't? Is having both redundant?

The only Ohm Force plugin I own is Ohmicide, which I love but I've never used Ohmboyz.

I'm basically trying to figure out if Infinity can be made to sound identical to the original. Is it an "upgrade" or more of a completely different concept/product?

Im getting a validation error in Logic. No response from Ohm Force yet .... approx 1 week. Anybody seeing this?

popskull wrote:Im getting a validation error in Logic. No response from Ohm Force yet .... approx 1 week. Anybody seeing this?
Same here.

I think this early access thing is for the birds.

popskull wrote:Im getting a validation error in Logic. No response from Ohm Force yet .... approx 1 week. Anybody seeing this?
Not gonna jump in now, then. Perhaps they just missed your mail :shrug:

perpetual3 wrote:I think this early access thing is for the birds.
Didn't you already buy in?

good surprise for me !
this is not just an other delay.
simple to use and sound very good !

i play and tweak this beta version , and now , i can said it , this delays is the best delays plugins delay ATM.

What is "Coco" delay that mentioned at previous page ? Can't googled it. Who vendor ?

Color Copy by uhe
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Color Copy by uhe
Oh, got it.

Hm... Ohmboyz Infinity crashes all the time in Cubase 9.5. Won't even open in Cakewalk Audacity or VSThost.

Haven't gotten an email answer from Ohmforce and the "Discuss" page doesnt seem work (nothing happens after you send your comment).

cnt wrote:Hm... Ohmboyz Infinity crashes all the time in Cubase 9.5. Won't even open in Cakewalk Audacity or VSThost.

Haven't gotten an email answer from Ohmforce and the "Discuss" page doesnt seem work (nothing happens after you send your comment).
I’ve been getting crashes constantly in Studio One 4, Mac l, since the last update. I can’t even change a preset now...

Discuss page not working here either.

Return to “Effects”