I propose all-out mutiny on Gearslutz. Who's with me?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:D

Okay, this is only half serious, and it' mostly just a rant.

But I'm tired of the over-moderation. Tired of fanboys who bully people. Tired of the censorship. Tired of the advertisers having the power to delete or silence any post that is the least bit disparaging about their product.

I know what you're thinking. Then just don't go there, Billy! Problem solved.

Well, I wish I could just let it drop. But I feel like it's an injustice. It's bad for the free market when we don't have access to good information. When I make purchasing decisions, I want to be able to know the good, the bad and the ugly. If every disparaging comment about a product simply vanishes into thin air, then it hurts me as a consumer.

Does anyone remember the final scenes in Animal House where the Delta House blows up the parade? :hihi: I want to storm Gearslutz with like 50 accounts and just make the moderators' afternoon a horrible inconvenience. Bombard them with so many troll posts that they can't possibly censor and erase them fast enough.

For a list of things that will instantly ruin a moderator's day:

1) Any comments critical or disparaging towards ILok dongles.

2) Any comments critical or disparaging towards Steven Slate

3) Any comments critical or disparaging towards anything.

Who's with me?

Just mention Behringer and law suit, that causes internal moderator battles over there like you wouldnt believe lol.
Duh

Then just don't go there, Billy! Problem solved.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

V99 forum can be like that as well. Most time nice but go against a fanboy and you will feel it

Sawstudio forum was like that.

Reaper fanboys can rake some posts against you.

Here not as bad.

bungle wrote:Just mention Behringer and law suit, that causes internal moderator battles over there like you wouldnt believe lol.
Ooh, I like this idea.

Bring down the forum from the inside, by turning them against each other. Watch them self-implode.

Brilliant. I'll make a mental note of that.

this sounds like a 4chan raid; those should stay on 4chan.

in fact they shouldn't even be on 4chan.

also this scarcely belongs in the 'effects' forum.

sleepcircle wrote:this sounds like a 4chan raid; those should stay on 4chan.

in fact they shouldn't even be on 4chan.

also this scarcely belongs in the 'effects' forum.

Just having fun. Not serious.

And I'd think of it as more of a flash mob. :D

This can wait. You need to see a doctor about your bad ass problem first.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:This can wait. You need to see a doctor about your bad ass problem first.
I have no hangups about my bad-assery.

I'm completely proud and out in the open about it. My friends and family had trouble accepting it when I first came out (as a badass). But they've grown to accept and embrace it over time.

badass_billy wrote:
Aloysius wrote:This can wait. You need to see a doctor about your bad ass problem first.
I have no hangups about my bad-assery.

I'm completely proud and out in the open about it. My friends and family had trouble accepting it when I first came out (as a badass). But they've grown to accept and embrace it over time.
You're a pathetic wannabe. Here's the ORIGINAL Badass

https://youtu.be/dATJN3QObrE

https://youtu.be/q2DaE2JAVYI

I registered there years ago, don't really remember when, but never posted. A couple of months back, I received messages more or less demanding that I log in to show the acc't is active. So, I did. I really can't get with the program there, from what I have read, and am unlikely to in the future. I'll read the occasional review of a piece of gear or software that I've googled, but that is about it. Not my kinda place.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

This is the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Gearslutz:

Otherwise, sometimes really great posts can be found... but it's mostly endless BS. You have to go in with a pre-existing (and scientifically backed) knowledge to get anything of use out of the place, a lot of misinformation around.

I agree with you position that it is good for us as consumers to have a access to all kinds of opinions about products so we can make a decently educated guess before buying stuff and you are right about the part that many forums are siding with the developers that pay the ads and delete negative posts about developers and products. I don't think that trolling is a solution to the problem. I would move over to a forum that puts the customer in the front seat, but I am not sure which one that is. So far KVR seems like a fair place to me.

Yeah, KVR is great, you can see same nicknames from GS trying to pull same stunts here, but they just don't have crowd or moderation to pull it off, so this place have nice balance.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

deastman wrote:Then just don't go there, Billy! Problem solved.
Well that would be too easy and unspectacular, wouldn't it?

Nothing bad about moderation, BTW. Sometimes i feel like this place is the wild west.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”