Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Sjefke wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Why? 9.5 is superb.

I know Steinberg are a business, I get that but it’s too early for 10.
A major release every year, a full numeber ever 2 years and a.5 the other year... math indicates this autumn its Cubase 10 time
I get that mathS indicates this, but that wasn’t my point.
Why? Because there's room for improvement. See the feature requests in this very thread. Another reason? Because Steinberg is a business and needs to put out releases to bring in money, pay the bills, pay their staff, etc. 9.5 may be superb but no DAW can ever attain true perfection, so there will always be a steady stream of improvements.
I did say I understand the need because they’re a business.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I want to see some new features in Piano Roll Editor, just for fun.
I miss "wow" factor from years ago, when there still was a great deal of new features to implement in sequencers.

BTW they have an Upgrade Special until the end of month:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/promotion/s ... offer.html

sempondr wrote:I want to see some new features in Piano Roll Editor, just for fun.
I miss "wow" factor from years ago, when there still was a great deal of new features to implement in sequencers.

BTW they have an Upgrade Special until the end of month:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/promotion/s ... offer.html
I would like so see some basic upgrades to the note editing and composing tools as well, but because that would be productive and increase my writing a lot. Things like beeing able to lock the editing tools to a scale so I could use sine and other drawing tools to scetch note ideas fast. And some new composer tools to test chord ideas, basslines and leads like those in Waveform or Captain Chords.That would make me upgrade ASAP.

An optional multi tool for editing would be great. :wink:

I never used Cubase in particular because I read it doesn't support high-DPI screens, ie. you can either have everything be very small (on a 15'' 4K laptop screen), pixelated (with 200% scaling, which displays everything as 2x2 pixels) or blurry (with any other scaling factor).

So, maybe 10 will finally fix this?

They did this for WaveLab 9.5: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... 1257310%22
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

ChamomileShark wrote:After trying a demo of Bitwig I'd love it if Cubase included something like the modulators. I know you can achieve much the same thing with automation but it's just so much quicker in Bitwig..
For me if they only had SESSION view or a close equivalent.

The current arrangement window really seems to work against some people (in terms of workflow) at points.
This isn't what you think.

Export audio + video
Signatures are so early 2000s.

antic604 wrote:I never used Cubase in particular because I read it doesn't support high-DPI screens, ie. you can either have everything be very small (on a 15'' 4K laptop screen), pixelated (with 200% scaling, which displays everything as 2x2 pixels) or blurry (with any other scaling factor).

So, maybe 10 will finally fix this?

They did this for WaveLab 9.5: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... 1257310%22
Works fine on my 4K screen with zoom at 125% - no blur

Some Cubase dialog boxes and pop-ups are not scaled properly... The mixer and arrangers are fine but get into the modal dialog boxes, midi plugs-ins etc and you'll see the Cubase for hi-dpi screens is still a work in progress.

For Cubase 10, my biggest request would be performance optimizations.
We've got numerous high-end composer clients running Cubase.
With huge orchestral templates loaded, it would be nice if Cubase performed closer to Reaper (as far as CPU load).
That would allow those composers to (more effectively) run huge orchestral templates at smaller ASIO buffer sizes.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Bezier curves for MIDI CC
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Phorous wrote:Bezier curves for MIDI CC
This was discussed in Page 1 of this thread. This feature already exists. See below...
felis wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:....
Bezier curves in the CC pane of the piano roll....
They are in 9.5:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141065

Phorous wrote:Bezier curves for MIDI CC
This was discussed in Page 1 of this thread. This feature already exists. See below...
felis wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:....
Bezier curves in the CC pane of the piano roll....
They are in 9.5:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141065
:tu:

The great thing about Cubase is there is almost always a way to do what you want, even if its hidden away in plain sight.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with aftertouch?
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Phorous wrote:The great thing about Cubase is there is almost always a way to do what you want, even if its hidden away in plain sight.
That's both a strength and a weakness of Cubase. I'm new to it. Came to it in version 9.5. The strength is that Cubase has a ton of features I found lacking in Studio One and have been using regularly (MIDI Input Transformer, MIDI/Audio tempo detection, MPE support/Note Expression, etc.). The weakness is that some of these features are burried deep in menus or otherwise not intuitive to use. Sure, they're never more than a Google search away, but Cubase still has a ways to go on the workflow front IMO. That said, I've seen old Cubase training videos and they've clearly made improvements from where they were.
Phorous wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with aftertouch?
Aren't aftertouch messages just plain old MIDI CC's? If yes, I'd assume it worked the same for aftertouch, unless you specifically mean polyphonic aftertouch, at which point my answer changes to: not sure. I forget how Note Expression works (is it curves or drawing), but that'd be where I'd look.

That's both a strength and a weakness of Cubase. I'm new to it. Came to it in version 9.5. The strength is that Cubase has a ton of features I found lacking in Studio One and have been using regularly (MIDI Input Transformer, MIDI/Audio tempo detection, MPE support/Note Expression, etc.). The weakness is that some of these features are burried deep in menus or otherwise not intuitive to use. Sure, they're never more than a Google search away, but Cubase still has a ways to go on the workflow front IMO. That said, I've seen old Cubase training videos and they've clearly made improvements from where they were.
good way to put it and I couldn't agree more!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”