Brainworx bx_masterdesk

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a $99 heavy hitter code. I haven't tried it yet but, wonder if my $50 voucher can be applied as well. If I can pick it up for $49, it's almost a no-brainer. I'll report back if it works

W23 wrote:I have a $99 heavy hitter code. I haven't tried it yet but, wonder if my $50 voucher can be applied as well. If I can pick it up for $49, it's almost a no-brainer. I'll report back if it works
Yes, your monthly voucher coupon can be used in addition to the Heavy Hitter discount.

Earlier today, I used the Heavy Hitter discount and my $75 voucher to purchased bx_masterdesk for $24.

Silaris wrote:
W23 wrote:I have a $99 heavy hitter code. I haven't tried it yet but, wonder if my $50 voucher can be applied as well. If I can pick it up for $49, it's almost a no-brainer. I'll report back if it works
Yes, your monthly voucher coupon can be used in addition to the Heavy Hitter discount.

Earlier today, I used the Heavy Hitter discount and my $75 voucher to purchased bx_masterdesk for $24.
Sold!

Bought it for 50 bucks too. A great deal for bus duties. Wouldn't pay more for such control limitations and the fact that it must take benefits from passed plug-in r&d like bx_xl, bx_saturator, bx_refinement and the whole TMT algos developped for their console emulations. I thought it would be sold around $199 and maybe an "expert version" for $299.

Yeah, I don't get a ton of discounts or vouchers, so I was a bit disappointed in the price point. A bit more than I want to pay for an all-in-one.

NullDevice wrote:Yeah, I don't get a ton of discounts or vouchers, so I was a bit disappointed in the price point. A bit more than I want to pay for an all-in-one.
Nowadays there's a lot of competition in the dsp domain...$299 for that kind of plugin with such restricted options is too expensive considering Ozone elements and good chain combinations you can do on a low budget. I ain't the type of guy who likes to jump in the "price debate" but this time I feel like it should have been priced differently.

Yeah. I mean their pricing seems to work for them, I guess - there's no shortage of people using bx plugins. But I was hoping for a lower price for a "one knob" kind of plugin.

NullDevice wrote:Yeah. I mean their pricing seems to work for them, I guess - there's no shortage of people using bx plugins. But I was hoping for a lower price for a "one knob" kind of plugin.
Yep espacialy when I remember people talking about an expert version on the PA facebook group. But maybe it's just rumours or expectations...

Silaris wrote:

So you had a $200 heavy hitter code?
Mine was $99.

NullDevice wrote:Yeah. I mean their pricing seems to work for them, I guess - there's no shortage of people using bx plugins. But I was hoping for a lower price for a "one knob" kind of plugin.
It's actually not a "one knob" type plugin. I thought it was too from the initial intro. Think of it as a "few knobs" type of plugin. "Foundation" is a tilt-type control to set the over-all tonal balance. The compressor does a lot of things in parallel with one knob but think of it as "loudness" and "crest" in one knob. The tone controls at the bottom are smooth and subtle, like a really clean "tone bender". Some resonances can be mitigated with the resonant filters. The soundstage can be subtly changed with the 4 differnet console buttons. Mono-izing the bottom end and tweeking the stereo width. and some saturation if you like.

I plan to use it to polish up audio before I go to town with my usual mastering chain workflow. I think will help to clean things up so I don't have to do as much heavy-handed work in the chain. :phones:

simmo75 wrote:
Silaris wrote:

So you had a $200 heavy hitter code?
Mine was $99.
Yes. The Heavy Hitter code discounted the product from the base price of $299 to down to $99, which is a $200 dollar difference. My personal monthly voucher of $75 reduced the price further from $99 to $24.

To my knowledge, the Heavy Hitter code is the same value for everyone who is eligible to receive the discount, which I believe is owning 20 or more PA products.

I got the Heavy Hitter code too + I have a $25 voucher.. but I dunno, I just invested in T-Racks 5 which has 'ONE' and does a similar thing I guess.

Certainly looks good on paper though, this Masterdesk.

MogwaiBoy wrote:I got the Heavy Hitter code
Heavy Hitter aka "here's your reward for overpaying on so many other plug-ins" :wink:

j/k good job. :tu: People who pay the full price will feel heavy hit tho.

Did they send out the August vouchers yet? The last one I have is the July voucher sent out on July 3. What day were the August vouchers sent out?

August, 10.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Effects”