What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sylenth1 is mentioned everywhere, whenever synths come up, what is it about this synth that makes it so highly recommended, it's in like every synth thread on KVR.

I'm guessing it's because of the sound and workflow / ease of use. Personally I prefer u-he Hive, though I do get why people like Sylenth1.

It was one of the 1st really good synth VST's
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Popularity, sound, ease of use, low CPU hit, zillion of sound banks and tutorials.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

It's the best no emulation VA synth IMO. It has an excellent sound with a low CPU. It also has a very nice resizable GUI with easy to use workflow. It's limited, yes, but it's not the only synth I recommend to have ;)

What's not to like? Maybe the two pages, although it's not that problem for me as it's not a complex synth (which I consider an advantage).

Sylenth1 (2006) may seem a bit dated today, but nonetheless thousands of releases were made with this synth :party:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

It looks good, it does a lot functionally and what it does, it does very well, is cpu efficient, sounds very good - even today, not too difficult to learn, has plenty of presets available if that is what you want and crucially was released at the right time.

It is a VSTi classic that holds its own in terms of sound quality with its punchy, solid and rich sound. Sylenth1 is one of the synths instances you tend to use a lot for solid punchy sounds, difficult to make it sound bad. (Has a good sonic character with most filter types and settings through the entire spectrum bottom to top)

You know what you will get out of it will work and be usable.

Its ok. I prefer Synth1
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

mitchiemasha wrote:It was one of the 1st really good synth VST's
Yeah right :lol:

Sylenth came out in 2008 ,the same year vadim zavalishin introduced the ZDF filters in reaktor .
Zebra had it's xmf filters around 2008 , there was N.I. massive and fm8 ( 2006) etc...
:clap:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Sylenth came out in 2006, gentleclockdivider. Not 2008.

And 99% of people outside of KVR who actually make music couldn't give a toss about Reaktor.

tehlord wrote:And 99% of people outside of KVR who actually make music couldn't give a toss about Reaktor.
Exactly, I doubt they even heard about it. :)
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Its hyped down a bit id say.
When i was first getting into music production Sylenth1 was like THE synth that you needed for Electronic Dance Music. I think now that honor has been transferred to Serum (In Mainstream EDM Production). So Sylenth is a bit less hyped, albeit still heavily used.
As some have touched on I think what made it so popular would be just how easy it is to use, Its incredible sound quality, and perhaps most of all, its low CPU Usage.
Also when a synth becomes super-popular you also get tons of Soundbanks that add to its appeal. And it became necessary for collaboration.
tehlord wrote:And 99% of people outside of KVR who actually make music couldn't give a toss about Reaktor.
Thats probably because It's a niche program, If you don't know what your doing, or you are a musician first and don't know/care as much about the sound design aspects to it then you can easily get frustrated. And learning how to use it to its true potential can take a while. Compared to say plug-n-play plugins like Massive, Sylenth and Serum that are Easy and fast to Program what you want without disrupting a creative flow.
I think more people use NI's Reaktor Ensembles however, Form, Razor, Rounds, etc. Even if the CPU Usage gets Taxing at times. Especially since most of NI's most recent synths have been Ensembles.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

EDM top synth 2008-2013 - massive and sylenth, 2013 and later - spire and serum. №1 EDM synth is probably SPIRE, not serum, because Spire has more 3rd party sound banks than any other synth ever had.
Last edited by Iva on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No, I think Sylenth still got most banks out there.

Return to “Instruments”