Is there still such a thing like instrumentalist snobbery around?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

“ I became an overachiever to get approval from the world “

First the hits and now the quotes? OMG what has this nation done to you, poor thing?

Gosh, I wish I had a nemesis. No one ever seems to start fights with me, or tries to stalk me from one thread to the next.

What's wrong with me? Am I just not pretty enough?

It's because I am a drummer, isn't it?

ill be your nemesis. im not busy at the minute

music, makes the people come together

herodotus wrote:Gosh, I wish I had a nemesis. No one ever seems to start fights with me, or tries to stalk me from one thread to the next.

What's wrong with me? Am I just not pretty enough?

It's because I am a drummer, isn't it?
Heh! No chance herodotus, you come forward as way too nice, calm, rational and wise, in other words: A regularly grown up, and the kids are trained to respect those. You miss that Slum attitude of which there are two that will make you survive your childhood:

1) That which will make you go unnoticed between drug addicts, alchoholists, thieves, pushers and violent psychokids. It is nothing less than the art of being invisible.

And in case a confrontation is unavoidable:

2) That which will make your opponent lose his mind and attack you in rage, so you can take him down easily.

Now, regarding the latter, even if you win you have to leave some room for the opponent’s delusions, e.g. so he can tell his friends that first he broke your fist with his jaw and then he chrushed your knee with his balls. Otherwise their unblocked access to their most primitive instincts will bid them to come back and try again or die trying. Not unlike letting Bobo go with the idea that he had already won a flamewar that never really happended or whatever rubbish that makes sense to him.

I am afraid you are too old to learn now and your orginal environment did probably not give you the right dispositions. Feel free to ask though. :hihi:
Last edited by IncarnateX on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Acid Mitch wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:Hmmm ^^^^? Define “moved on”, please.
He took a holiday, took some time to celebrate.
:lol:

On la isla bonita :hihi:

You must be kidding^^^^. :o :lol: Now we really need that definition. However, given the characteristics mentioned, we are really not that surprised are we? :hihi:

Aliens wrote:You tried three times in that polyphony thread to start a flame war, with insults and no skill, and couldn't manage it.:lol:
Three times did I tried to start a flame war in which polyphony thread? I have been to this one, Harry', post a pic of your studio, and a few others but no polyphony thread to my knowledge. OMG, you do not even know where you are, do you?

IncarnateX wrote:
Aliens wrote:You tried three times in that polyphony thread to start a flame war, with insults and no skill, and couldn't manage it.:lol:
Three times did I tried to start a flame war in which polyphony thread? I have been to this one, Harry', post a pic of your studio, and a few others but no polyphony thread to my knowledge. OMG, you do not even know where you are, do you?
I tried twice to start an argument about the value of arguing in threads, with limited success.

I missed the argument in the polyphony thread, is it too late to join in ?

low_low wrote:I missed the argument in the polyphony thread, is it too late to join in ?
I think you have to ask Sonny the Slime-thing about that.

What are you looking at?
Strike a pose
Strike a pose
Vogue, vogue, vogue
Vogue, vogue, vogue.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sorry for that ^^^^ “Slime-thing” term :D I was really just in for a demonstration to Herodotus, since Sonny’s behavior otherwise have been fairly predictable, so I tried a little name calling beyond his own Eddie plagiat to see if he dared to response. However, I think he is playing hide and seek and hit and run with his brain now. He has probably muted me to prevent any resistance to his delusions, also known as perceptual defence
The process by which stimuli that are potentially threatening, offensive, or unpleasant are either not perceived or are distorted in perception, especially when presented as brief flashes in a tachistoscope.
http://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10. ... 3100316449

Internet provides good options for that such as muting, reading without understanding, changing goals and therefore semantics and all that, which can be used more or less consciously.

Since it really is a question of convincing yourself that you have the upper hand, you will see that it doesn`t even bother the defender that he knows that other people do not mute the opponent in question.

Brain is an amazing thing and its errors even more so. You gotta love it.

Aloysius wrote:What are you looking at?
Strike a pose
Strike a pose
Vogue, vogue, vogue
Vogue, vogue, vogue.
You're a ray of light to cherish, and It's good you express yourself, but don't open your heart or you might find you have someone crazy for you too. :P

Amazing, as said.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”