Tracktion 7 is now offered for free

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.tracktion.com/products/t7-daw

I'm really enjoying Waveform 9. Never used version 7 thought...

nice. this is very good on a laptop. the layout is compact which means it's not such a pain on a single monitor.
this also has the chord generator thing it's worth having for that alone.
a very underrated ( or not rated) DAW.
it's full of clever little things, if you put a fade on a clip you can make that fade slow down or speed up the pitch, a little bit like a scratching thing, but sounds much better..
if you have waveform then i don't see the point in going backwards ( unless of course, like me, you just want a kosher copy)...

Actually....

I suggest, if you're not already a Tracktion fan, getting the free version of T7, and immediately using it to upgrade to the full version of Waveform 9 for $59 (limited time offer!). W9 is far better even than T7. I made the jump a while back and haven't used another DAW since. The support model is superb...just post your questions, concerns, or comments in the Tracktion forum here at KVR and get speedy, friendly responses from the company executives. It's incredible.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Full of bugs, they never get fixed, now the Waveform trolls will beat me up noooooo !!!!
Duh

I got Tracktion 4 'free' on my Mac, and then upgraded to T7 for something like $30 a while ago.

I really liked the workflow but unfortunately had several 'poof' crashes in TY7. I'm not a hater - do some searches in the Forums and online and you'll find my experience wasn't unique.

So I gave up on it.

Now, if T7 is free and it's been fixed might by a good deal - and if Waveform is solid, so much the better.

I'll be interested to read feedback from folks who give it a try.

T7 loves to randomly crash, without any warning.

T7 was never fixed. They did all the fixes in Waveform.

Probably the weakest DAW I've ever tried to use. I'm really not a fan, and I did give it the good ol' college try. I really did!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Shame. I thought this had a better GUI than the predecessors. Not a good way to advertize, when it crashes so often.

Just as I remembered 2 years ago , instant crashes for no apparent reason
And don't expect any bug fixes since it's freeware .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I started using Tracktion as my main DAW with whatever version was out in 2006, and stopped using it at version 7 because of its instability. I liked the initial concept but have moved on to other DAWs.

I like Waveform 9 and am enjoying it now. I never used T7, but just came aboard with W8 last year.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:I like Waveform 9 and am enjoying it now. I never used T7, but just came aboard with W8 last year.
Same here. No stability issues on a Win10 desktop and a Win8 laptop.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”