iLok License Manager seeing the same computer as another one

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone encountered this problem? It seems iLok License Manager sees the same computer as a different one. I haven't changed any hardware or software, all of the sudden this occurred. I'm running Windows 10 x64. I've contacted iLok and their reply is to contact all developers to deactivate the licenses. Spending time fixing problems that aren't my fault. I know there is an option to get a dongle, but I wouldn't want to lose that. I'm starting to hate iLok ...

This is why you buy the dongle.

Did Windows update to a new version recently? I've heard this changes the system ID and breaks soft iLok.
Image Image Image Image

No, no big updates recently. I dunno what changed but it's quite a hassle to contact every developer. They say the licenses are stored locally. If it's the same computer how are those licenses lost, I don't really get it.

Yes it happened to me after I did a os refresh on my MS Surface; i had licences locked on a computer I couldn’t access, contact ilok and they contact the vendors of the licences and you can get them cancelled so that you can reuse them.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So iLok contacted the vendors for you? Because they asked me to contact them myself... That's my biggest problem.

I have no idea why the licenses aren't just stored on a server ("in the cloud") and are fully recoverable. An OS update breaking compatibility should be on them, not you, to fix.

Lazy PACE.

Well, they are stored online. If you log into ilok.com you can see all your licences, activations and locations. But that doesn't mean Pace are going to do anything to help. They only take money, not liability.

Maybe the iLok Cloud thing will help down the road, assuming anyone offers it.

Until then, get a dongle if you value your licences. Especially if you're on Windows.
Image Image Image Image

I solved it with developers, but it's quite a hassle especially if you have many plugins from different brands. I think they should do something about this problem and not force you into buying a dongle. If they can't fix this then they shouldn't have software activation at all, at least you know what you're getting into.

nIGhT-SoN wrote:I solved it with developers, but it's quite a hassle especially if you have many plugins from different brands. I think they should do something about this problem and not force you into buying a dongle. If they can't fix this then they shouldn't have software activation at all, at least you know what you're getting into.
Yeah good morning common sense and reality.

But for some reason people keep using ilok-f***ed plugins..

Initially it didn't bothered me, until I got into these kind of problems where it's not my fault.

Just encountered the same issue... I guess I just joined the club of anti-iLok users, uninstalled all iLok protected plugins and also iLok License Manager.

There was a big Windows update expected around this time. Presumably this is the cause.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I remember when happened the same to me, first one was that the system didn't recognized my system and the license just got lost without possibility to recover, only just calling the support of the product asking for help, and the other when my system failed and again my license lost. since then I never in my life will invest in any Ilok plug in, nor even 1$ price or as "gift", has been more of a problem that a help, all my products will be with key files or serial. no Ilok no more.

Was this using the newer soft-iLok( on hdd) then or even with the dongle?
Crazy system if the license is not on the dongle alone, I mean.

Reefius wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:50 pm Just encountered the same issue... I guess I just joined the club of anti-iLok users, uninstalled all iLok protected plugins and also iLok License Manager.
If you don't get rid of all folders - because system says it's being used - you might have to go through registry and identify PACE stuff and remove references to files that are kept and even opened as system runs. Really infectuous stuff and as hard as virus to get rid of.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”