whole sounds UVI powered Baldwin Piano + deal

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been using this demo alongside Garritan's lite version CFX. They are on par with each other in my opinion. There has been little to no mention of whole sounds piano here, that I have found. Also, until the end of September, you will receive a 45% off discount just for submitting a demo track with the demo plug. So, just a heads up for that, the original price is around $75 I think, so with the discount, you will be getting a quality piano for almost nothing. I know I'm going to do it. -thoughts, comments?

spacekid wrote:I have been using this demo alongside Garritan's lite version CFX. They are on par with each other in my opinion. There has been little to no mention of whole sounds piano here, that I have found. Also, until the end of September, you will receive a 45% off discount just for submitting a demo track with the demo plug. So, just a heads up for that, the original price is around $75 I think, so with the discount, you will be getting a quality piano for almost nothing. I know I'm going to do it. -thoughts, comments? https://www.wholesounds.com/1954-baldwin-parlor-grand

Thank you so much for this information ! I'm going to download the demo right now ! :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

no problem. It's a bit challenging to stick with the onboard eq and effects while creating a patch though. They are good, but your plugins are better.

I've just received my discount code. This piano is unique, for such a price it's a lovely offer and a very nice surprise !

DJErmac wrote:I've just received my discount code. This piano is unique, for such a price it's a lovely offer and a very nice surprise !
I've got to wait a week before I buy it. How is the cpu usage with the full version?

This is an absolutely sweet grand and the only Baldwin at that.

spacekid wrote:
DJErmac wrote:I've just received my discount code. This piano is unique, for such a price it's a lovely offer and a very nice surprise !
I've got to wait a week before I buy it. How is the cpu usage with the full version?
It's barely noticeable on my machine but my CPU is not bad...

The sound is noticeable though... :hyper: this is a wonderful piano ! Way brighter than I expected (not too bright either), way more powerful than I thought a 1954 piano would be, and full of character. I really love this one !

DJErmac wrote:
spacekid wrote:
It's barely noticeable on my machine but my CPU is not bad...

The sound is noticeable though... :hyper: this is a wonderful piano ! Way brighter than I expected (not too bright either), way more powerful than I thought a 1954 piano would be, and full of character. I really love this one !
I agree. I've had this one on my 'buy' list for a while, which is how I noticed this deal for it..just by checking in on it. The best time to get it is now. You can deaden the brightness by using the mono channel plus onboard eq. I've been working on a dead/mid heavy patch a bit..the full version may be even brighter than the demo though.

Oh, I don't find it TOO bright at all. It's plain perfect like this. It's just that I expected a 1954 piano to be sampled with a more "vintage" tone, meaning a darker one. It's crystal clear !

I'll compare the demo and the full version and will let you know if I notice a difference in the sound, but I would be surprised if they're not the same.

I've loaded the demo and the full version in two different Falcon parts : the product is exactly the same.

DJErmac wrote:I've loaded the demo and the full version in two different Falcon parts : the product is exactly the same.
sweet :)

A little late on the discussion here, but to answer the question about CPU use, there's no difference between the demo and the full version. The demo IS the full version, plus the addition of a "reminder" tone that lets you know you're using the demo. It pops up about every 15 seconds or so. Not terribly annoying, but hopefully annoying enough to nudge you toward purchase!

And the deal, good until the end of September, is a 45% discount if you send me a .midi file of a piece of music you've created with the demo, along with a .scenepreset file of the patch you've used.

The .scenepreset file saves all the parameters of the instrument - the onboard eq, compression, convolution 'verb, touch, mixer settings, noises, etc.

Attach both to an email and send it to me dan@wholesounds.com

I'll reconstitute the audio on my end, and if it's deemed worthy, I'll post in on the instrument's SoundCloud page!

https://soundcloud.com/wholesounds/sets ... tual-piano

spacekid wrote:no problem. It's a bit challenging to stick with the onboard eq and effects while creating a patch though. They are good, but your plugins are better.
Agreed! I generally prefer to use my UAD stuff for tone & dynamics. But I think the advantage using the onboard eq & compression is for convenience's sake. You can sculpt the sound you want within the instrument and save the patch for later without having to worry about external processors. And there's a lot you can do with the mixer, dynamics, and eq settings within the instrument to create really unique sounds.

Also, you can use the A/B buttons to quickly compare different settings within the instrument. Again, just having everything on one panel is nice, for convenience.

And, so you know, the compressor and eq modules themselves use Falcon's built-in processors, but I have specifically tailored their parameters to work well with the piano.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”